The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Careful with the Rogaine, read the label about women in their childbearing years. It also lowers your blood pressure and long term use can cause bumps in the scalp and extreme scalp itchiness and it works, but if you stop all the hair you grew falls out.

Quote Originally Posted by justhoofit View Post
    Hi all. I am mid thirties, female, healthy as far as I know. I've always had lots of thick, dark, wavy/curly hair. LOTS of it.

The past 6 months or so, I've noticed that a lot of it has been falling out in the shower and when I comb it. A lot more then usual; like small handfuls. I have to clean the drain every time. I still look like I have a lot of thick hair, and no one else notices, except me. I feel like it looks thinner, especially at the top. I'm starting to get worried.

I've started taking Omega 3 caps; I figured it works for the horses, maybe it will help me.

Anyone else had to deal with this??? What did you do?
    Polycystic ovarian syndrome can cause hair loss. If you have any of the other symptoms of PCOS, I'd see your doctor.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

Do you drink a lot of diet sodas or eat a lot of diet foods? Aspartame can cause hair loss. Not sure if it's the chemical itself or if it blocks vitamin absorption or screws with the thyroid but the stuff can really mess you up if you are sensitive to it (and, like many food sensitivities, you may not even realize it). My hair used to come out by the handful. It was awful. On the advice of my aunt I quit drinking diet sodas and eating/drinking anything "diet". Within a month or so my hair quit falling out and a bunch of other stuff cleared up.
    Crayola Posse - Pine Green
    RIP Whinnie Pine (June 4, 1977 - April 29, 2008)