The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Carried Away View Post
    Any idea if the courses will reflect the date being early in the season? This would be great for those of us who can't get much XC schooling in very early or have horses planning to move up.

I thought this would be the case at Catalpa last year but unfortunately it was a bit stiff even in early May. Any insight is much appreciated!
    I believe it is intended to be a friendly course with IEA to be tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
    Not sure how a central Indiana show in mud season makes sense, but ....... does help fill the schedule between Spring Bay and MayDaze.

Expected to negatively impact Greater Dayton. We've already lost one HT at Fairborn; hope this doesn't discourage Laura.

And while it's a distance away, and probably a different customer base, can't make Jackie very happy.

Overall, not a move I like personally. IMO.

At least two holes in the Area VIII August/September schedule now. Anyone care to step up to the plate? Can't hit a home run without swinging the bat.
    I agree, but Kate is entitled to give it a go if she thinks it will work better for her than August. I foresee that we will be doing footing repair (in addition to our regular aero-vating) prior to IEA.

Quote Originally Posted by secretariat View Post

Expected to negatively impact Greater Dayton. We've already lost one HT at Fairborn; hope this doesn't discourage Laura.
    Is Gemwood gone for good? Anyone know why? A shame with new water and bank.

Oh no, I just noticed that Gemwood was missing too! Darn it! We love that event, and Greater Dayton too - it's such a nice close location for us! drat.

aft 35-36 years Spring Run is has also changed their HT to a MHT. divisions Baby Starter-Training. MHT shows are growing, sanctioned HT are shrinking....hmmm....

What is "MHT", please?
    Click here before you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by afischer36 View Post
    aft 35-36 years Spring Run is has also changed their HT to a MHT. divisions Baby Starter-Training.
    Really?? Where do you see this?? The online omnibus still shows a full event.

I think she means Mini Trial (MHT) The Fleur de Lis Mini trial series has Spring Run Mini Trial scheduled for June 9 Spring Run Horse Trial is June 7-9. Perhaps they are running them in conjunction, or maybe a typo?

Quote Originally Posted by SLR View Post
    I think she means Mini Trial (MHT) The Fleur de Lis Mini trial series has Spring Run Mini Trial scheduled for June 9 Spring Run Horse Trial is June 7-9. Perhaps they are running them in conjunction, or maybe a typo?
    SLR - Where did you find the date for this year's Spring Run MHT? I checked the 42 Fleur de Lis website a few days ago to see if a schedule was up yet so I can plan those shows in between the recognized events for the season, but didn't see any updated info on the 2013 series. Do you know any of the dates for the other farms?
    I have Higher Standards... do you?

"For the love of my horse, I know who I am."

http://www.42fleurdelis.com/ Left hand side of page. 2013 dates. I missed it the first time, too.

Susan said she was seriously thinking of changing Spring Run to a schooling show. I'm sad to lose this fixture in the Area VIII calendar even though I haven't been able to attend SRHT since the 80's & early 90's due to my schedule conflicts. I wish Spring Run the absolute best of luck in their new direction.

http://www.42fleurdelis.com/ Left hand side of page. 2013 dates. I missed it the first time, too.
    Ah! Thank you so much! Not sure how I missed that...

Immediately marking my calendar - I just found out about this series last year and love it. I'll only be able to take my boy to one (FCF Big Mini) since he'll be going Training this year (unless this new development for SR means that mini will also offer Training this year?). Might be taking little sister to a few though since she'll be doing BN/N this year.
    I have Higher Standards... do you?

"For the love of my horse, I know who I am."

Quote Originally Posted by GutsNGlory View Post
    Ah! Thank you so much! Not sure how I missed that...

Immediately marking my calendar - I just found out about this series last year and love it. I'll only be able to take my boy to one (FCF Big Mini) since he'll be going Training this year (unless this new development for SR means that mini will also offer Training this year?). Might be taking little sister to a few though since she'll be doing BN/N this year.
    Yes, Mini Horse Trial. SORRY! Susan confirmed for me a couple of days ago that she is indeed doing a MHT in lieu of her reg. HT. I was confused too bc omnibus still has it listed as HT.

From Susan, "Hi Amy, Spring Run us not doing the USEA event. On June 9th is our Big Mini Trial!!"

We love our 42 Fleur De Lis series! Hope to see everyone there! Sorry for the delay in posting our new dates! Allot of new fences this year too! And we usually offer Dressage Ride-A-Tests too. We all love putting on the shows!

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

Is Gemwood gone for good? Anyone know why? A shame with new water and bank.
    Greater Dayton is still running in May and will of course be using the new bank and water. Gemwood isn't running this year for a variety of reasons. I won't say it's gone for good but nothing is set in stone either. The summer event has been struggling for a few years (and getting harder and harder to put together) so who knows.

Thanks for posting the Fleur de Lis info! May look at trying to go to one or more as I have friends in the Louisville area that I can crash with. Unfortunately, I will probably be going by myself as EVERY show in the series is on a Sunday (some folks don't like Sunday shows). I never did make it to Spring Run but always heard great things about it. I was mildly concerned about running a CT (at Twin Towers... along with a DLSC dressage show and some jumper classes) that same weekend but I guess things work out for a reason. And since I mentioned it, we're also running a CT the weekend before MidSouth in October -- and will hopefully be having a CCI* division just for anyone who wants to prep.

It really is interesting what's happening to the area calendar recently.
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

Quote Originally Posted by tle View Post
    I was mildly concerned about running a CT (at Twin Towers... along with a DLSC dressage show and some jumper classes) that same weekend but I guess things work out for a reason. And since I mentioned it, we're also running a CT the weekend before MidSouth in October -- and will hopefully be having a CCI* division just for anyone who wants to prep.
    I know I'm dense, but I don't understand what you mean. Someone is running a CT at Twin Towers and a DLSC dressage show with jumper classes? What weekend?
    And who is running a CCI* CT ? Where? TIA

Do you mean a CT using the CCI* dressage test and an up-to-standard SJ course? Or a CIC*?
    Click here before you buy.

I assume she means CCI* since that's what they run at Midsouth. I'm also assuming its the FEI dressage test and SJ heights.

Maybe Gryhrs can change the title to" Area 8 2013 Schedule & Changes". This is turning into a place to highlight some of these changes and the smaller (more like affordable vs smaller) unrecognized shows that are being planned. Keep up the good work, nice for all of us to have some new places to go, new people to meet.
    The truth is what you can get other people to believe.

-- Tommy Smothers

Quote Originally Posted by pony grandma View Post
    Maybe Gryhrs can change the title to" Area 8 2013 Schedule & Changes". This is turning into a place to highlight some of these changes
    I would if I even remotely had a technological clue

Quote Originally Posted by Gryhrs View Post
    I would if I even remotely had a technological clue
    Go your first post, click "edit", "go advanced", you'll have an option to change the title... just change and save! Easy peasy!

Also, I think the Fleur de lis series has put their 2013 dates up since Monday, because I could SWEAR those were last years dates when I checked!!