The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I'm being a bum. It's been too long since I got to do this.

I'm at work. Yay for me.
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris

Home alone here. My boyfriend is the bartender at the local bar, so he'll be ringing in the new year with a bunch of drunks I wish he were home or that we could celebrate together, but I'm like an old lady and can't stay up till midnight just sitting around while he works. I feel like I'm a hundred years old...I'm 26 and just as happy to be home instead of partying but wish he was here with me.
    "If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple payments..."

I'm home on the couch in my sock monkey feety jammies. I've been sick and had to work all weekend at a cattle sorting. I'm happy just to be somewhere comfortable and warm.

Staying in tonght. DH is oiling his saddle which squeaks like the dickins and I'm just messing around. My dog is very snuggly and likes to be snuggled as much as a 80 lb labrador can snuggle.
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

I spent the day riding with friends.
    For dinner I made filet mignons, asparagus, and blue cheese walnut salad. We've been sipping champagne while watching Oceans Eleven and some football. (I'm on here while football is on)

The dogs are enjoying some chewies, and we are all just chilling.
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

Spent the day working and packing (moving to a new apartment tomorrow/Wednesday). Now I'm watching the Marvin Hamlisch tribute - Live from Lincoln Center on PBS, and will probably go to sleep way before 11. Yet more work and packing tomorrow, plus watching the Rose Bowl Parade.

Working in the AM, spent a few hours her on a fascinating thread aided by a pleasant cabernet. I am some kind of exciting, huh? I assure you it's far more interesting to watch me ride!
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

Had plans to go out in key west but mrb wasn't feeling well so we went back to the house... kinda had the quiet evening crashed by my parents coming home before the new year and my dad being.... well, my dad. Loud, obnoxious (totally sober) and opinionated. So much for a relaxing intimate evening of just me and MrB..!
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

I stayed home with my critters and roommates, and a bottle of champagne which we polished off. 2012 was a terrible year for me (a layoff, two serious car accidents, broken wrist, and I lost someone I was very close to in a battle with breast cancer)...so 2013 can only certainly be an improvement! Oh and I have 26 horses to feed tomorrow. So keeping a quiet NYE close to home was going to be a necessity.

I was invited to a NYE party but I wound up staying home. Feeling way too run down to even attempt a party this evening. So I made a French bread pizza and curled up and watched TV with my kitties. It was nice.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

I have been sick for ~2 weeks. Worked all day, went to my parents' for dinner, we did the New York midnight (which is kinda embarrassing) and now I'm home, going to take a shower and go to bed with my book and my dog. Hoping to be asleep at midnight my time.

Tomorrow will be a horsey day. Can't wait. On the way home tonight (after the guy directly behind me got pulled over) I committed to giving me and my soul waaaay more horsey time in the coming year than we got in 2012.
    It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati