The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Been sick for the last week, bad cold. So just hanging. I've read the entire Internet.

2 members found this post helpful.

It has been over a decade since I have had new Years Eve plans.Just another night ,home with the cats.Fine with me.

2 members found this post helpful.

I started a Hermit thread too - there are a lot of us! Come join the COTH Chat room: http://us5.chatzy.com/33984220870420

read the entire internet LOL I understand that feeling! Been sick for 6 weeks myself...

By doing nothing, do you mean sipping Prosseco and watching/half paying attention to reruns of the Mentalist on TNT? Then I'm there!

Heck, I might go wild and switch to House Hunters on HGTV!

I doubt I will make it to midnight, but I think the year will change over without my supervision as it has in years past!
    Only one cat - must not be totally crazy yet!

having a bad ass bowl of shrimp with collards, tomato and bacon...and chatting on FB with Cowboymom. DH is reading the Farmer's Bulletin, trying to find me a cart or wagon. LSU/Clemson in the background, champagne in the future. I'm happy to be HOME.

Add me to the list of sickies! Staying at home with a cold.

The cats and I have eaten the lobster tails, sipped through a bottle of wine and I'm now finishing the year-end financials. Balances and totals are done, just need to set it up for the new year.

Such a party animal, but I will ring in the New Year. I haven't missed one since I was itty bitty grade school age and I'm not about to start now!
    I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
    Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.

1 members found this post helpful.

Damn, I didn't know LSU/Clemson was on tonight!

My neighbors are setting off things that sound like cannons. *Sigh*

Clemson is dominating them, crazy.

You off tomorrow? I think I'll go in and work, hate to burn a PTO day in the rain.

Sitting on the couch watching Friday Night Lights in netflix. My boyfriend had to wake up at 3:30 for his job. He was trying to make it till midnight, but just went to bed. I have instructions to wake him up at 11:30, so we can ring in the new year. I am also getting sick, blah.

So yep, just hanging out here which is fine with me!

I rarely do anything for New Year's. I don't drink. I don't like loud and crowded places. For years I have a tradition of getting together with my boyfriend, good friend from school, eating Chinese food and watching bad horror movies. I prefer it that way!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

Just me, the JRT,and a tub of Talenti gelato. Working at the barn tomorrow so they can have the day off. Being grateful that I am in SC instead of Cleveland (weather related only)
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

I was going over to my best friend's house to hang with her family, but she's been sick and I catch respiratory things too easily and then they usually turn into bronchitis at the very least and pneumonia about 1 time out of 6, so I decided I didn't want to risk getting sick. Instead I am contemplating picking up some Chinese food for myself, breaking out the special treat salmon food for the dogs, and kicking back and watching miscellaneous stuff on Netflix. I might be sipping on cocoa infused with Bailey's at midnight. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by katarine View Post
    Clemson is dominating them, crazy.

You off tomorrow? I think I'll go in and work, hate to burn a PTO day in the rain.
    Yeah, I'm off tomorrow. Bank's closed so no point in being there. I'll be putting hay out in the rain tomorrow. Would have done it tonight but a beef and cheddar just really hit me wrong. Just made me feel sick to my stomach.

I'm about to go slicker up the ponies and give them feed and a square bale.

Tomorrow, out comes the new RB feeder! Whoo hoo! BTW, I haven't tried to pick it up by myself yet. Can you pick yours up? We probably have the same kind - given where we live and shop. It looks heavier than my old cow feeder.

DD had to work tonight so I'll pick her up at about 9:00 and ring in the NewYear with rice crispy treats and chocolate wine (a Christmas gift ). HAPPY NEW YEAR to one and all!!!
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been." George Eliot

I've been nursing a back injury for about a week. I've watched both seasons of Game of Thrones in two days, chewed Vicodin, and otherwise been completely worthless!! We are staying in tonight.

Just me, some Kahlua hot chocolate, the ever present ice on my ankle, and a healthy dose of self-pity.

I went out for dinner and had some truly mediocre pasta at a new Italian place while my foot throbbed. Unfortunately, the place didn't have their liquor license yet (so plenty of room at the bar) so no liquid pain-killers.

I think it might be time to switch to Bailey's.

Quote Originally Posted by alabama View Post
    Yeah, I'm off tomorrow. Bank's closed so no point in being there. I'll be putting hay out in the rain tomorrow. Would have done it tonight but a beef and cheddar just really hit me wrong. Just made me feel sick to my stomach.

I'm about to go slicker up the ponies and give them feed and a square bale.

Tomorrow, out comes the new RB feeder! Whoo hoo! BTW, I haven't tried to pick it up by myself yet. Can you pick yours up? We probably have the same kind - given where we live and shop. It looks heavier than my old cow feeder.
    Yours will be heavier than mine, a little at least, with the pieces inside the U shaped tombstones. I can lift it, but it's a biatch.

We are enjoying some much needed snow. No desire to travel out on snow and ice tonight so kicked back in comfy clothes and chilling at home with hubba and the critters.

Happy New Year to everyone.