The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marshfield View Post
    I am at work in the small animal ER. A colleague really wanted the night off, so I traded a shift with her.
    Yep, I always worked this night in the AER. Time and a half and I wasn't giving up anything, because I never go out for New Year's Eve.

BFF and I made our annual pilgrimage to Bartville Harness today, I've got a glass of wine in front of me and a hot bath filling. DH is making a pizza and we'll crash early. Last time I stayed up until midnight was 2000, and that was an enormous effort.
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshfield View Post
    I am at work in the small animal ER. A colleague really wanted the night off, so I traded a shift with her.

What a really nice thing to do. I hope 2013 is a great year for you.
    www.tayvalleyfarm.com
    My other home.

1 members found this post helpful.

It's about 7:30 here and I'm already in my jammies. The old cat is sitting on top of the printer, beside me, and the other three are sprawled out in various locations around the house. I'll probably meander into the living room in a bit, pull out the laptop and watch a couple of episodes of "West Wing." I know that, when midnight comes, I'll be snug and warm in bed, sound asleep. And, I'm very happy that the night is going to go that way.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

I'm on the couch in PJs with five dogs scattered around on beds and DH in the kitchen. I much prefer a low key evening NYE parties are just too much effort.
    "No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle" - Winston Churchill

Check out Central Virginia Horse Rescue

I am home with the dog and cat, knitting a scarf and drinking homemade mexican cocoa. I NEVER go out on NYE - too scary!
    http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...45891332_n.jpg

I'm at work also. Not that I wanted to go out, but I'd much rather be home with a bottle of wine
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

Staying in tonight too...dogs are strewn about the living room, the dd is outside playing with her chickens, and I'm waiting impatiently for it to be late enough to justify opening a bottle of wine.

Staying in. I had a little too much fine at the Redskins game and I'm hoping to go foxhunting in the morning. So my liver has the day off.
    \"Non-violence never solved anything.\" C. Montgomery Burns

My fiance and I had plans but I haven't been feeling well and dragged myself to the doctor today. Strep test came back positive so I'll be staying home with my dog tonight. I was able to convince my fiance that I really am okay with him going out and having fun while I stayed home. There's no point in him staying with me and missing out just because I'm sick!
    ***Honorary Member of the "What is BOSS?" Cult...er...CLIQUE***
    ***Prominent Member of the 'Irrelevent Posters Clique'***
    CrayolaPosse ~ Bluegreen

Sci fi has a twilight zone marathon (directv 244). Just saw it was on. the good ones, all b/w.

I am recording some we haven't seen before.

Doing a puzzle also.

So we (dogs and hubby) are "doing something" tonight. Hope nobody does the dreaded fireworks at midnight. Hate those things. Horses do too.

Staying in like we do every year. DH is a homebody to the point of being a hermit and didn't want to watch the kids so I could get sushi or yummy takeout for dinner. Just another day, he says, and why do I want to spend money? So hopefully the kids stay asleep so I can sleep.

I'm at my parents' and we'll be hanging out in the hot tub, drinking bubbly. It's not really "doing anything", but the holiday period was already filled with visits back and forth so this will be a nice relaxed ringing in of the New Year.
    If I feel adventurous and/or drunk, I'll hop out and roll in the snow.

Pajamas and slippers for me tonight, too. If I'm feeling really frisky, I might have a beer
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland

Just me, Mr. B. & the critters. We just enjoyed our Baked Clams, & in a couple of hours I'll break out the caviar, smoked salmon, champagne, & other goodies. Plus, we've been grazing off of a nice big cheese platter (Humboldt Fog, Pecorino Peppercorn, Smoked Gouda, Aged Cheddar, Dill Havarti, etc., etc.).

No outside party has ever been or will ever be, as nice as the ones we enjoy by ourselves at home.

No partying for me, I'll be in bed by 9:30, have to get up early in the morning. I stay up past midnight often enough, and staying up on NYE has never made a difference to me, tomorrow's still just another day, except the date changed.

I had plans...but the person arranging everything turned out to be a bit of a wingnut. She wanted everyone at her place starting at 2pm...and I couldn't leave my dog alone for 10+ hours. Plus, had no inclinations to pay close to $100 for cab rides to and from, assuming I could even get one.

So, I bailed and am now watching Game of Thrones Season 2. Mac and cheese on the stove and chocolate chip cookies in the oven and a sleepy, snuggly dog on the couch with me. I'm set!

Staying in. I usually do as I don't want to be on the road with all the amatuer drunks.

Of course, while I'm at home tonight with the hubby there will also be the DH and 16 of her closest friends. Doesn't everybody want to have a New Year's Eve party for a house full of 18 year old kids? The guys will sleep in the basement and the girls upstairs (if they actually sleep) and I'll fix pancakes for the crowd in the morning.

I'm home bonding with my new baby computer (chromebook) over a box of wine. Hap Hap Happy.

Broke up with SO the first of the year. Home alone with my 2 dogs. Tough season to get through alone. Watching Dr Who on BBC.

We are staying home....husband, 10 year old and I. The "big kids" (early 20s), visiting for their winter vacation, and their girlfriends, have all gone out. I'd rather be us .