The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Anyone else not doing anything this New Years Eve?

So the majority of my friends stayed in Blacksburg this winter break. If I would have thought ahead, I could have driven down there for New Years.

I have a couple other friends who are actually in town, but two are working and I haven't heard back from the other one yet.

So it looks like I will be staying home this year

Anyone else?
    "People ask me 'will I remember them if I make it'. I ask them 'will you remember me if I don't?'"

Staying in. Antibiotics are killing my stomach. So I just sent my fiancé out for pizza and dessert. Had an appetizer of Pepto Bismol and hopefully things improve.

Eh, could be worse.
    Born under a rock and owned by beasts!

We are staying in. New Years Eve parties ick me out. Always someone to drunk, puking, fighting whatever. One bad apple and all that. So DH, dogs and cat are hangin out at home. Gonna head out to the garage in a bit and sit next to the fire and remember a good year

I'm staying home alone. Was invited to a party but it's about 40 miles away and no way am I going to be on the interstate tonight! I don't even want to be on any regular streets.

1 members found this post helpful.

DH is sick in bed, we had our old dog pts today, and I don't feel like celebrating. Sirius channel 23 (Grateful Dead station) is live-broadcasting the Furthur concert later tonight, so I'll listen to that.
    It's 2014. Do you know where your old horse is?

Too stormy/snow squalls/cold to go out tonight. I made homemade pizzas for supper and my husband and I will probably play video games.
    Jigga:
    Why must you chastise my brilliant idea with facts and logic? **picks up toys (and wine) and goes home**

I am at work in the small animal ER. A colleague really wanted the night off, so I traded a shift with her.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I'm staying in with my dog. You'd like him. He's snuggly soft and loves being massaged.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Just finished lasagna and salad, looking for movie classics to watch, various dogs scattered about snoozing, and just poured myself a refreshing libation. I even curried the mud from the horses/pony earlier today so they could Parteh in the Pasture for New Year's Eve.
    Ahhhh, Grapes of Wrath. Watching it w/ DH. Life is good.

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Could go to a party, but haven't seen anyone going (its with church people) in ages so it'd be awkward and I don't feel like being social tonight. Staying home with my parents and my kitty's. Who are feeling very snugly tonight because we've just got home after a week away.
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

We were supposed to do nothing, then a friend called and invited us to a party. We declined the party ('cause it starts and 9 and that's just too late for me!) but ended up inviting them for dinner. So a mad rush to clean the house, go to the grocery store, bake brownies and get dinner ready by 6:30! But they'll be gone after a couple hours to get to their party so it won't be a late night for us.

Happy new year!
    My Mustang Adventures - Mac, my mustang | Annwylid D'Lite - my Cob filly

"A horse's face always conveys clearly whether it is loved by its owner or simply used." - Anja Beran

Definitely staying in. I've been sick the past 4 days with a bad cold (or something) and more or less doing nothing but drinking Sprite and watching the True Blood series for the first time.
    The dude abides ...

Staying in with my son, eating bacon wrapped scallops and watching season 5 of House. So happy about this!!!

I wish I wasn't (I am just a homebody), but DH's work is having a NY party, so.....

I'm not much of a partier, so would be no biggie to me to not have a place to go....I can play along with my own personal bottle of champagne
    "As a rule we disbelieve all the facts and theories for which we have no use."- William James
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Proud member of the Wheat Loss Clique.

After I finish at the barn I will load my coat pockets with several cans of Bud Light and traipse across the pasture to my sister's old store where there will be finger foods, chili, horseshoes, tall tales, lies, and a bonfire.

I will probably be home and asleep on the couch by 9:30 to be honest though, a long day of lessons in the cold makes me tired.

This will be our 10th year of staying in with the dogs. It's a good gig and we will all be asleep by 11.
    Random horse pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/glfprncs/
    Talk to me about fitness or nutrition (I'm an A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer)!
    My blog! http://personalsweatequity.blogspot.com/

We are chauffeuring DD to a party so we will be out to fetch her, but apart from that we'll be staying home.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

Pony4me: I am so sorry about your dog and your husband.

My son and I just came back from the ER his posion oak is terrible and his face is puffed up like a blow fish. He will be out soon gave him benadyral. So I am making lasagne, thanks to Pauladwine's thread. We had planned to go out for lunch and munch on smoked salmon pizza and chips & dip & vegis for dinner.

Have a great New Year everyone, wishing health and happiness to you and your horses in 2013 !

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    I'm staying in with my dog. You'd like him. He's snuggly soft and loves being massaged.
    My dog looks snuggly, but he in fact thinks snuggling is a horrible idea

To all of you who are sick, I hope you feel better! Pony4Me- So sorry about your dog!

I could have it worse... just kind of bummed that I didn't think to go down to Blacksburg . Oh well. Maybe I'll go hit up Redbox for some movies or something.
    "People ask me 'will I remember them if I make it'. I ask them 'will you remember me if I don't?'"

Staying in, alone. I live out in the boonies, and my only friends within miles are away on vacation. Don't even have TV, so I can't watch the ball drop!