The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Does anyone on here want to start a pool to bet where we all end up at the end of the next 4 years?

I am claiming $23 Trillion in Debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    OK i had to put that in google translate, but i dont get it?
    Unfortunately I do.
    I want a signature but I have nothing original to say except: "STHU and RIDE!!!

Wonderful COTHER's I've met: belleellis, stefffic, snkstacres and janedoe726.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics...,3121540.story

Deal reached. I guess someone didn't let them go home.
    To be loved by a horse should fill us with awe, for we hath not deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by randomequine View Post
    http://www.latimes.com/news/politics...,3121540.story

Deal reached. I guess someone didn't let them go home.
    Maybe all their chauffeurs conspired to "lose" the assorted car keys until they got it done.

Hey, what's the big deal? They had more than an hour to spare, right?

Still remains tobe seen if it actually can pass.....

And it's basically just an extension (from what I've read/gathered).....

The House adjourned and went home. The senate was still working

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    Obama does not think we have a spending problem... In his mind, the way we get out of debt is by govt spending. That is why he is completely unwilling to cut a penny from the budget and he wants to add more spending,,, justified in his mind because he just got more tax revenue. However, that tax revenue is a mere pittance....

That's not true. Obama has called for cuts in domestic and foreign military budgets, subsidies to industries, etc. Everyone, Obama included, knows we have a budget problem. The approaches have been hashed and hashed and hashed...
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

1 members found this post helpful.

Thumbs down

You KNOW they've got it ALL figured out, and HAVe for some time. BUT... if they wait until the last minute and media get people scared, when the deal IS announced, people will be all 'thankyouthankyouthankyou SOOO much for SAVING us!!!" instead of, "you @#$%&* S.O.B.s, you should have ..." which USUALLY comes in budget discussions.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by nightsong View Post
    You KNOW they've got it ALL figured out, and HAVe for some time. BUT... if they wait until the last minute and media get people scared, when the deal IS announced, people will be all 'thankyouthankyouthankyou SOOO much for SAVING us!!!" instead of, "you @#$%&* S.O.B.s, you should have ..." which USUALLY comes in budget discussions.
    Oh, trust me, there has been plenty of angry cursing at congress in this politically minded household!

Quote Originally Posted by nightsong View Post
    I have a good friend who liquidated a number of assets waiting for the stock market to fall on Jan 1....just so he can "buy low". And a budget deal to lower taxes AFTER the Bush-era taxes expire doesn't go against Grover N's "no tax hike" agreement...it's actually a tax reduction. I guess I can see that much is calculated here...
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

Quote Originally Posted by J-Lu View Post
    That's not true. Obama has called for cuts in domestic and foreign military budgets, subsidies to industries, etc. Everyone, Obama included, knows we have a budget problem. The approaches have been hashed and hashed and hashed...
    At least Jimmy turned the thermostat down in the Whitehouse when we had an energy crises... but this current dude... let's see how many aircraft I can get into the air at one time for my next

2 members found this post helpful.