The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul. 29, 2006
    Location
    Colorado- Yee Haw!
    Posts
    2,743

    Default House of representatvies went home with no resolution.

    I guess 6:30 on New Year's Eve is working late?

    I already sent a note to my Representative that I expected more. What do others think?



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan. 26, 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    4,064

    Default

    the problem is that they will come back


    14 members found this post helpful.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Martini View Post
    I guess 6:30 on New Year's Eve is working late?

    I already sent a note to my Representative that I expected more. What do others think?
    They already did their jobs,,, its Obama and Reid who are the CB's at this point.


    6 members found this post helpful.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep. 7, 2009
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    16,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    They already did their jobs,,, its Obama and Reid who are the CB's at this point.
    Of course you would think so. But guess what? The Republicans are getting the blame.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant


    4 members found this post helpful.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul. 29, 2006
    Location
    Colorado- Yee Haw!
    Posts
    2,743

    Default

    I am less concerned with blame. I think it's more of the captain goes down with the ship thinking. I just feel like they should at least be there fighting the good fight. Oh and maybe we should give them just max unemployment until a deal is reached. Since it doesn't feel like they are meeting the requirements of their employment :-)


    4 members found this post helpful.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul. 3, 2012
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    I don't think they ever took it seriously.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan. 26, 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    4,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Of course you would think so. But guess what? The Republicans are getting the blame.


    好吧,我正准备学习中国


    1 members found this post helpful.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec. 22, 2000
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    14,881

    Default

    I think now (or possibly even a week ago) would have been a good time to lock the doors and say, "Nobody leaves until you guys work this out."

    Like in The Parent Trap!


    11 members found this post helpful.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May. 8, 2006
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    752

    Default

    An NPR commentator this evening made a comment about some reps wanting the tax rates to go up so that when they come back they can call anything they do a tax reduction

    It's not about the people anymore. It's about semantics and acting like little brats.
    To be loved by a horse should fill us with awe, for we hath not deserved it.


    15 members found this post helpful.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar. 27, 2001
    Location
    North County, San Diego
    Posts
    590

    Default

    The word "No" has been used petulantly in Congress so many times recently that I'm beginning to think we elected a bunch of two year olds.


    10 members found this post helpful.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Of course you would think so. But guess what? The Republicans are getting the blame.
    HAHAHA, of course they get the blame,,, That is OBAMA's robot response. Whenever he talks about anything, the only thughts out of his robot face are,

    blame bush
    blame boehner
    blame house
    blame (insert whatever conservative body)

    etc.... That just never gets old really.


    8 members found this post helpful.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    30,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    I think now (or possibly even a week ago) would have been a good time to lock the doors and say, "Nobody leaves until you guys work this out."

    Like in The Parent Trap!
    Not even potty/.
    Should be no problem since they are in favor of crossed legs anyhow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May. 2, 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Of course you would think so. But guess what? The Republicans are getting the blame.

    Of course. Didn't Obama threaten to place blame on Republicans in his inaugural address? http://thoughtfulwomen.org/2012/12/2...e-republicans/

    And for the record, it was the Democratically controlled Senate that refused to pass a budget for the last 3 years.

    http://www.politifact.com/tennessee/...-budget-more-/
    "When a president can pick and choose which laws to follow and which to ignore, he is no longer a president. " Ted Cruz


    8 members found this post helpful.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    30,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    HAHAHA, of course they get the blame,,, That is OBAMA's robot response. Whenever he talks about anything, the only thughts out of his robot face are,

    blame bush
    blame boehner
    blame house
    blame (insert whatever conservative body)

    etc.... That just never gets old really.

    well, it's pretty much documented who the wrench is clogging up the gears.
    Starts with tea and ends with party, and since they can't fly on their own they run under the Republican flag....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clanter View Post
    好吧,我正准备学习中国
    OK i had to put that in google translate, but i dont get it?



  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar. 17, 2003
    Location
    North Texas, US
    Posts
    2,114

    Default

    The truly amazing part of this whole mess is how many of the idiots were re-elected. "The People" didn't exactly send a loud, clear message in November.
    www.debracysporthorses.com
    Home of Sea Accounts xx
    AHS/HV, ATA, GOV, RPSI, JC, AQHA, APHA, APtHA
    "LIKE" www.facebook.com/SeaAccounts


    7 members found this post helpful.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct. 9, 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    1,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    OK i had to put that in google translate, but i dont get it?

    Cause in the "new world order" the chinese will rule. Not my opinion - I am thinking Brazil


    1 members found this post helpful.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May. 2, 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyriz's mom View Post
    The truly amazing part of this whole mess is how many of the idiots were re-elected. "The People" didn't exactly send a loud, clear message in November.
    I agree! I am constantly appalled that Graham, Schumer, Reid, Pelosi, and McConnell (for example) are re-elected. Beats the heck out of me...
    "When a president can pick and choose which laws to follow and which to ignore, he is no longer a president. " Ted Cruz


    9 members found this post helpful.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skykingismybaby1 View Post
    Cause in the "new world order" the chinese will rule. Not my opinion - I am thinking Brazil
    Oh,, hehehehe.



  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct. 15, 2007
    Location
    the heartland
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Unfortunately, they are all bought and paid for before they enter office. Campaign finance reform? The amount of money spent in the last election has a lot better uses then the current load of dead weight.


    7 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Help making an offer on a home? Cat hoarders house
    By onlyanarabian in forum Around The Farm
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Jun. 24, 2012, 05:14 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Mar. 26, 2011, 08:34 AM
  3. What's your New Year's Resolution?
    By msj in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Dec. 26, 2010, 08:48 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jun. 24, 2009, 09:19 PM
  5. Replies: 116
    Last Post: Dec. 23, 2003, 04:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness