The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Looking for barns to visit in the Las Vegas area

My daughter is going out to the Las Vegas area in a few weeks. Husband will be involved in business meetings and she is looking for "horse related" things to do while they are there. Looking for recommendations and/or suggestions as to quality hunter or jumper barns in the Vegas area. Ideas that would include recommended young horse trainers would be especially helpful. I posted looking for dressage barns and came up with virually nothing. Hoping that there will be more options on this forum. Daughter is mainly involved with starting young sport horses both for jumping and dressage.

They may be at Thermal while your daughter is in town, but Blue Ribbon Hunters and Jumpers might be a good place to start? I've only observed coaching at shows, so don't know the program that well...

The other barn out there I would mention (and, again, they may be at Thermal) is Hunter's Edge.

For my daughter, Annette's ringside personality would be a better match. But both Annette and Denise seem to be very competent. Seem being the operative word...I'm hardly an expert, and this is just based upon what I've observed in the warm-up and ringside.