The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Differences in stud books Newbie question

Can someone please go through the different statuses with me? For example a friends mare and foal went o an inspection for the AHHA. The colt was rewarded a silver premium status. I wasn't aware that there were different Premium statuses. I thought you were either premium or not. Can someone please go over some of the different stud book statuses with me so I can understand better?

Sorry my mistake. This was an RPSI inspection not AHHA.

IN RPSI there is Bronze, Silver, Gold. Those are the only awards for RPSI, bronze obviously being the lowest, silver the middle (my 2012 Chaleon Filly received this award at her inspection this year), and Gold Premium is the coveted award from RPSI. Now, in 2011 I attended an OLD/ISR inspection with a friend presenting her filly and mare, in that inspection, you are very correct, your foal was either premium or not. I have no personal experience with AHHA or OLD/NA etc, so I cannot speak for them, but I believe they are the same way as OLD/ISR where you are correct and you are either premium or not, this is just the way RPSI scores their foals.
    First and foremost about the horse.
    Rose Bud Ranch Sporthorses
    Like Us On Facebook!

Google each registry's website, and all would be made clear.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Quote Originally Posted by rosebudranch View Post
    IN RPSI there is Bronze, Silver, Gold. Those are the only awards for RPSI, bronze obviously being the lowest, silver the middle (my 2012 Chaleon Filly received this award at her inspection this year), and Gold Premium is the coveted award from RPSI. Now, in 2011 I attended an OLD/ISR inspection with a friend presenting her filly and mare, in that inspection, you are very correct, your foal was either premium or not. I have no personal experience with AHHA or OLD/NA etc, so I cannot speak for them, but I believe they are the same way as OLD/ISR where you are correct and you are either premium or not, this is just the way RPSI scores their foals.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Equibrit View Post
    Google each registry's website, and all would be made clear.
    I have waded through many of the registries and found it difficult to find the answers I was looking for. Therefore I thought the next step would be to ask here

AHHA has either merit or premium status for their foals. One score for type, and the other for movement. Both on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best. The two scores are added together, and foals with 15 or higher are premium. There isn't any other classification other then these two designations.

Hope that helps.

Tim
    Sparling Rock Holsteiners
    www.sparlingrock.com

Quote Originally Posted by rosebudranch View Post
    I have no personal experience with AHHA or OLD/NA etc, so I cannot speak for them, but I believe they are the same way as OLD/ISR
    Just to clarify, Old/NA and Old/ISR are the same registry. The other Old is GOV.

The American Hanoverian Society doesn't award either a score or premium to foals. There is usually a colt and filly designated top foal of the day. The inspection team discusses the movement and conformation of the foal as seen at the inspection, but there is no written evaluation. GOV is similar in that the foal's conformation and movement is discussed, but they offer a premium award, and a foal of distinction for extraordinary quality.
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

Quote Originally Posted by MysticOakRanch View Post
    Just to clarify, Old/NA and Old/ISR are the same registry. The other Old is GOV.
    Thanks for clarifying
    Like Us On Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by MysticOakRanch View Post
    To clarify even further, it is the same registry, but two different books.

Tim
    Sparling Rock Holsteiners
    www.sparlingrock.com

To clarify even further, it is the same registry, but two different books.
    To further clarify, Old NA is a division of International Sport Horse Registry, which is a privately held organization. It has no affiliation with or connection to the Oldenburg Verband, nor is it licensed to operate in North America on behalf of the Verband.

The OFFICIAL arm of the Oldenburg Verband in North America is The Oldenburg Horse Breeders' Society (OHBS/GOV).

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    To further clarify, Old NA is a division of International Sport Horse Registry, which is a privately held organization. It has no affiliation with or connection to the Oldenburg Verband, nor is it licensed to operate in North America on behalf of the Verband.

The OFFICIAL arm of the Oldenburg Verband in North America is The Oldenburg Horse Breeders' Society (OHBS/GOV).
    This I was aware of, just very easy to get the two confused.
    Like Us On Facebook!

Holy confusion!

Thank you to everyone explaining all the differences to me. A lot of the internet sights just don't seem to have the cut and dry information!