The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking forward to SpyCoast YHS this weekend.........who's going?

After a hectic holiday, I"m looking forward to attending the YHS show this weekend.........as the guest of owner of a horse I bred and sold them......
    Monticello, aka Monty (and originally named Impeccable by me) has been doing some on the line , including winning his class at Devon, BYH at a show in Wellington, etc....He will be considered a 4 year old
    His dam is Claim to Fame's full sister...........

A second youngster I'll be pulling for is Count my Blessings, a black pinto yearling by Counterclaim. His dam was hit by lightning when she was only 30 days in foal, and the owner's husband saw it, jumped on her chest and blew in her nose and revived her. The colt was born with a small heart on his neck (white pattern on the black neck) and is very special to his owner, Shannon Shiller of Majestic Acres Sporthorses.......It'll mean so much to have him do well......what a story!!

My Claim to Fame four year old, pictured below, will be staying home........she took a chip out of her hoof wall, but will be fine.....bad timing!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Claim Applause RMI2.forweb.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	37420  
    www.flyingcolorsfarm.comHome of pinto stallion Claim to Fame and his homozygous son, Counterclaim. Friend us on Facebook!https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fl...04678589573428

1 members found this post helpful.

Sakura Hill Farm is prepping Ultra-niki Z, a 5 yr. old mare by Ulysses m2s out of the Zaniki daughter Ushiniki as well as the yearling filly Cantanita S by Canturo out of the Harnita (by Ahorn) daughter Ahsianita for the Finals this weekend. Monica will be the photographer/videographer with her The Equine Media Project. The Finals were great fun last year when Michele went as spectator and Monica as photographer--we are doubling (tripling?) the fun by bringing 2 finalists with us this year!

The Program that has been issued is not only beautiful but informative and bodes well for an opportunity to see many fine sporthorses all in one spot. Looking forward to seeing lots of friends-- breeders, competitors, trainers-- there and making it a real social event!
    Last edited by Sakura Hill Farm; Jan. 5, 2013 at 03:53 PM.
    Sakura Hill Farm
    Now on Facebook

Young and developing horses for A-circuit jumper and hunter rings.

Meeeeeee!!

Of course I am bringing Uphoria by UB40 to show in the 2 year old in hand division. I am so excited! And hopefully can meet some people from here since it seems it will be more relaxing then the qualifier in Wellington, so come say hi to me everyone!! I am looking forward to seeing the new showgrounds, haven't been there yet, first time in an indoor arena with most of the babies I'm sure.

Good luck to everyone!! Can't wait to see all the fancy babies
    Samantha Werner

There is something about riding down the street on a prancing horse that makes you feel like something, even when you ain't a thing. ~ Will Rogers

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

I'm looking forward to seeing Rising Star's horses (or seeing picture updates anyway, I'll be here in GA) - I believe she is taking Cartier and Diabalo D'Esquilmes (that would probably be one butchered spelling, but it's DeeDee by Chin Chin) and one other. Or maybe more than one more.
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

LOL DMK

I am taking our Chin Chin son, Diabolo d'Esquelmes for the jump chute final. Cartier R (our Cassini I son) will be going to participate in the Stallon Show. We were going to take Jus d'O, but he's in such a butt high stage (he's going to finish BIG) that it wouldn't be fair to him.

I'll also be manning the Stud-Book sBs booth while I'm there Looking forward to putting faces to names, catching up with old friends and getting out of the COLD!
    Ronda
    www.risingstarfarm.net
    Standing Abrikos, Cartier R, Cielo B, Ciroc, Deja Blue, Diabolo d'Esquelmes, Esteban, Figaro B, Jus d'O, Kinnaras, Valentino Z

Become a fan on FB - Rising Star Farm

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

hey, I was only one vowel off. It's like a Christmas Miracle or sumthin'
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

We were really hoping to get down there to watch the colt we bred Ed Venture by Escapade out of DoUThinkUCanDance compete as well as several of our friends horses. Still trying to make a last ditch effort to go. It would be great to see everyone again!Here is our boy Eddie, now owned by Danielle C.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eddie at Devon.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	37436   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ed Venture at Devon bred by Worth A Shot Farm.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	37437   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eddie wef 2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	37438   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ed Venture at WEF.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	37439   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ed Venture WEF Bred by Worth A Shot Farm.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	176.1 KB 
ID:	37440  

Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

Yes Allie come on down..Uri and I would love to see you again!!!! Danielle and I can maybe head up there now and kidnap you?
    Samantha Werner

There is something about riding down the street on a prancing horse that makes you feel like something, even when you ain't a thing. ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by SamWerner View Post
    Yes Allie come on down..Uri and I would love to see you again!!!! Danielle and I can maybe head up there now and kidnap you?
    She will be heading up the following weekend too. Ok going to check flight info right now. See how easy it is to twist my arm!!!
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

Hahaha yayyyy!! If you need someone to get you from the airport let me know
    Samantha Werner

Quote Originally Posted by SamWerner View Post
    Hahaha yayyyy!! If you need someone to get you from the airport let me know
    Waiting on a call from Danielle now
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

Can we plan to have a COTH meet up with whoever is coming on Saturday night after the classes?!?! Check in here if interested and lets figure out plans!!
    Samantha Werner

I'm heading down as well, going to help out. Went last year and had a great time! Can't wait for my colt to be able to hopefully go next year!

Monica here (from The Equine Media Project). Can't wait to photograph and video everyone's beautiful babies once again! I love meeting new COTHers so please say hello.

See you in the ring!
    Ryu Equestrian & Facebook Page
    Sakura Hill Farm & Facebook Page
    Boarding, Training, Consignment Sales & Breeding
    Osteen & Gainesville, Florida.

3 members found this post helpful.

We are going w/ a small crew!
    Kyra Bay will be shown in hand 2yr old and hope she can repeat her win from last year. She has not been shown in a while but has started under saddle a few times and has been just as easy as can be.
    Jett B will be shown 3yr jump chute. He has been under saddle w/ Shawn Filley in dressage and has grown up to be a big boy. He will start his jumping schooling this year.
    Iconic Bay will be shown in the 4yr old jump chute and jumping under saddle. He has finished his 4 yr old BWP stallion requirements and will be shown in the 5 yr young jumpers and the C/A this year.
    Kinetic Bay will be shown in 2yr old jump chute. He has been sold to Erica Kahn and Acorn Creek Stables and wee look forward to seeing him do well. He is growing by leaps and bounds and should be exciting to watch in the jump chute.

currently clipping and pulling manes in preparation!

see you all there.

See everyone this weekend!
    Samantha Werner

Just heard from Sam Werner - Uphoria (UB40 x Arabian mare BF MoonFyre) just won his 2 year old class with an 8.63. Next highest score of the entire show so far is 8.10.

Final day is tomorrow.

I am so very proud of them!
    Last edited by Sonesta; Jan. 5, 2013 at 06:07 PM.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

3 members found this post helpful.

I am so thrilled for Sam and Uphoria and all the people that made his success possible! Woot!

Thank you Rebecca and Dawn J-L!!! There was a score of 8.4 in the 3 year old division, but Uri was still high point of the show in-hand! I am so excited through the moon! Can't wait for the Finals tomorrow night

There are soooo many nice horses, it is such a great event!

IconicBayEquestrian- You guys are great stable mates and have such lovely horses
    Samantha Werner

I was there for some of the events on Sat including the stallions. I commend The series and the participants for doing this! Lots of nice horses and I hope that more will take advantage of this opportunity as participants and spectators.

It's something we all need for the benefit of all.

Cheers
    Hyperion Stud, LLC.
    Europe's Finest, Made in America
    WWW.HYPERIONSTUD.com
    Standing Elite and Approved Stallions