The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Cool With LIBERAL borrowing from Scubed!

I always feel I should be knocking on wood with crossed fingers holding a four leaf clover before posting any of this stuff, but:
    1) Event at BN by late spring and (at Novice this time next year) with Rasta, first time for me eventing since 2007. Starting the season with the Mike and Emma Winter clinic in January at Ashland Farm.
    2) Sell my Black Country Vinici jump saddle
    3) find a way to get even in the irons - I am HORRIBLY crooked!
    4) work on my core every day - planks !!!!
    5) Run a lot (big running plans this year)
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

Quote Originally Posted by deltawave View Post

4. Get Bonnie into the gene pool, maybe, after she finally earned her place with a stellar year out competing in 2012. She's going to be 13 so it's kind of now or never. If "never", then she will hopefully be my 2nd level dressage horse for some dressage shows this summer--something I always mean to do but rarely manage since "dressage" and "fun" are not words I typically use together!
    Bonnie 13?!?!?!?!? OH MY!!!!!! Did we age too?
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn trails View Post
    What's a GMO? If you make it to NWEC for schooling let me know when and maybe I can meet you there? DH is putting real flooring in the LQ this year and hopefully finishing the windows and installing a BR door.
    Oooh la la!

A "GMO" in this instance is ODS (Oregon Dressage Society). Bigger than a schooling show, smaller than a recognized show. Mostly judged by "L" graduates and a few "r" judges, decent sized classes from Intro-Second. I pay dues for myself but don't have to record horses or pay a bunch of extra fees and they do year end awards, plus these cute little metal things you can mount on a plaque for every score over 60% you receive. They hold their own championship show as well, though I've never gone, and have a lot of discounted educational opportunities - ride-a-tests, clinics, and so on.

I would definitely like to get some schooling in this winter/spring - preferably well before the open/close date for NWEC in May.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

What's a GMO?
    Aren't those the franken-soybeans we're all supposed to be afraid of?

I think it means "Group Member Organization", sort of a subsidiary/local club that is affiliated with a larger organization. Kind of like our local ADA (All Dressage Association) is a GMO of the USDF.
    Click here before you buy.

1 members found this post helpful.

I'm with the others who is going with goals rather than plans. I've tried the plan thing. Didn't work so well.

I'm still a beginner/novice rider and getting my feet wet in eventing so my goals are a bit wimpy - but I'll be thrilled if we end 2013 having met them!

1. Stay out of the hospital (for me AND my horse!)
    2. Continue taking lessons in both jumping and dressage, as much as finances will allow.
    3. Complete a baby-starter CT in the spring/summer (xrails-18in). Complete a Starter level CT in the fall (a baby starter HT would be great, but finding one isn't easy).
    4. Lose weight!!! (My goal of course - horse is looking great!)

That's it. Nothing major, but I'll be glad if we can do it!

I got goals !

- ponyOne wins at Novice, goes to AECs, makes it to front cover of eventing magazine on account of being world's cutest winningest pony
    - ponyTwo gets to be winningest at BN, goes to AECs yadda, yadda ... doesn't make the cover on account of ponyOne.
    - ponyTwo finds her own leetle girl to go winning at BN with
    - ponyThree finds winningest hunterPonyRider and rides off my feedbill and into the sunset with bunches of blues.
    - ponyFour capitalizes on her unerring ability to jump Every Damn Thing Ever, and her innate auto lead changes, and decides to be EverSoSlightlyRideable.
    - ponyFive does his 60 days starting under saddle and turns out to be a Good Boy and his owner is super happy and sends me more
    - Horse learns to trot a 20m circle without falling over his own feet
    - I learn to Not Buy Horses.

Quote Originally Posted by KateWooten View Post
    - I learn to Not Buy Horses.

Goals
    1) Have a successful and confidence building year at novice with the old schoolmaster (hoping he'll stay sound for it)
    2) Get the new girl out to her first shows. Trainer thinks she'll be ready for novice by this summer, but I'm not volunteering. Will let the trainer test the waters and if it seems like smooth sailing, then I'll give it a try too.
    3)Get a lot more saddle time and become less of a weenie. My son is in preschool two days a week so that is helping tons.
    The rebel in the grey shirt