The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

DH and I will be in hermit mode as well. We never make it to midnight anymore and have no kids or family close by to celebrate with so I too do a nice "grazing menu" which we both look forward to. This year it will be savory crabmeat on crackers, smoked salmon on garlic water crackers with creme fraiche and caviar, baked proscuitto cups with goat cheese, pears and honey, pigs in blankets and spinach and asparagus tartlets. All accompanied by some nice champagne (Vueve Cliquot Brut). Then, on New Years Day, my agility training club has a "Let's Start 2013 With A Bang" practice match, so I will be doing a couple training runs with my Standard Poodle. All in all, a nice way to ring out the old year and ring in the new.

OK, nevermind, can I hermit with YOU Townsend?? Yum!

1 members found this post helpful.

I really wish I could go into hermit mode, I am exhausted. I actually have to work tomorrow though (boo!) and then tomorrow night, I'm expected at a party. It's just a small house party, and I'll probably wind up going, but I just want to sleep!

New Years Day though, I plan to sleep through it the best I can. Maybe try to get some chores done later on and catch the Dance Moms season premiere that night.

Foodwise, I just hope I can score some pork roast and sauerkraut somewhere!
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

First NYE as a married woman, and we are staying in. I have injured ribs and he re-dislocated his shoulder today, so we are quite the pair.

Will grill steaks and have some beer and wine around.

I'll try to stay up to midnight, but there are no promises on that!
    There's always more to learn if you're willing.

Well, I'll work till the afternoon, but once I get off, I'm going to be in PJs and puffy socks, sitting on my couch, watching TV and wasting time on Pinterest. I will probably order in chinese and tell myself I'll stay up till midnight, but then I'll fall asleep at about 10:30 because I'm a wild child like that.

New Year's Day will be a total apartment clean, stem to stern.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi1 View Post
    French Trout roe/caviar
    I take it FedEx has finally decided to deliver to your house?
    I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
    Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.

I have to take a very dear friends daughter home tomorrow whom has spent the weekend with us. I plan to pick up a few items on my way home. as soon as I get home it will be into the flannel jammies, with warm tea a few good movies and a few naps. Supper will be what ever anyone can find to fix themself and Tuesday I plan on going NO where and doing as little as possable. We are to be in the single digits on Tuesday so it will be a good chili, chicken soup or stew day.

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

I have a midwife apt, and getting my hairs did tomorrow, then hitting the store for supplies, then going into hermit mode. Refuse to be out on the roads with all the drunks, esp since it is supposed to be snowing and 20 tomorrow.
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

Yes, because I am sick.

Which means no meeting my boyfriend's friends who are in town or playing with their baby, no black & white party, and no midnight kiss with champagne. Maybe on my forehead.

Tomorrow I am going to visit my insurance agent and then pout and sulk some more.
    Disclaimer: My mom told me that people might look at my name and think I had an addiction other than horses. I don't; his name was Bravado.

I wish. I got roped into plans that first involved leaving my house at 2pm to hang out at a friend of a friend's place until dinner at 6. Then dancing at 11, so after dinner we're going back to the friend of a friend's place until 11. Not to mention this friend of a friend lives an hour away and on NYE, there won't be any cabs so I have no idea how I'm getting home. I wish I could stay home and watch tv while snuggling with my dog, but my ticket has already been paid (though I'm seriously considering coughing up the money and staying home anyway).

The only "good" thing is that I told my friend I will not leave my dog for upwards of ten hours. Now I only have to show up for the dinner (not the 4 hours before hand of hanging out with people I don't know) but I'm praying my car won't start so I'll have a valid reason to not go.

Definitely envious of all you hermits. I had big plans of going hiking all day with my dog, going to ride my horse, and then making mac and cheese for dinner and watching James Bond movies all night. Argh.

Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyinBey++ View Post
    I take it FedEx has finally decided to deliver to your house?
    For the most part - at least as far as food items go. They did lose an order of live aquarium plants a few months ago. . . .

Been in hermit mode since a before christmas.

I'm definitely going into hermit mode after work today, and I have to work tomorrow, so I'm majorly jealous of everyone that gets to stay in Tuesday, too. It's supposed to snow all day today into tomorrow morning and after all the traveling I've done the past few weeks for Christmas, etc, it would have been really nice to get to stay home. Oh, well. Gotta pay the bills!

My 23-year old DD and I will be hermits tonight -- wearing comfy PJs and hanging out with the cat. We plan lots of grazing and watching the Twilight Zone marathon on the SyFy (hate that spelling) channel. We LOVE staying home!

Quote Originally Posted by Skip's Rider View Post
    My 23-year old DD and I will be hermits tonight -- wearing comfy PJs and hanging out with the cat. We plan lots of grazing and watching the Twilight Zone marathon on the SyFy (hate that spelling) channel. We LOVE staying home!
    I LOVE that marathon - in fact, have had it on all day! I'm such a fan of the old original Twilight Zone, that last Xmas hubby bought me the dvd set that has every single episode, including the pilot. But I still love watching the New Year's marathon.

And I agree about the stupid channel name spelling. I wonder what idiot marketing guru decided it brought in more viewers as "SyFy" & switched it from the original "SciFi".

Quote Originally Posted by yaya View Post
    I'm always a hermit on NYE and July 4th because I have to keep an eye on the horses when the neighborhood idiots start up the fireworks. I shut all the doors and windows to the barn, turn up a radio, stuff the horses with hay, and sit in the aisle reading a book.
    Me too! I always pray for rain on New Years and the 4th of July. This year the neighbors are out of town, so I'm hoping for a quiet evening.
    It's all fun and games until the flying monkeys show up.

http://chronicleofmyhorse.ning.com/profile/fallbrook

Already in my fuzzy pajamas on the couch. Done until tomorrow.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Guin View Post
    Me too! Twilight Zone is on, cat's on my lap, and we're waiting for DD to get home from work.

Quote Originally Posted by Guin View Post
    Me too. Just waiting for my kids to head out to their friend's, then I'll crack open the Bailey's, and finish watching season 2 of Glee and season 5 of House. Rock on!!

Edited. The link to the chatroom is below, in my sig line.