The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by pezk View Post
    Until our elected reps come to an agreement, we, the people, should lock Congress in the Capitol, take away all their perks,feed them only tuna fish sandwiches, bathroom breaks must be supervised, and for background music, they can hear the song from Les Mis..
    "Do you hear the people sing
    Singing the song of angry men..."
    Tuna hell, they should get potted meat sandwiches on stale bread...yuck,
    http://community.webshots.com/album/548368465RfewoU[/url]

She may not have changed the stars from their courses, but she loved a good man, and she rode good horses….author unknown

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnalli View Post
    Tuna hell, they should get potted meat sandwiches on stale bread...yuck,
    Is potted meat the stuff in the glass jar?

I think they need a giant "get along" tee shirt.

In the real world those a$$hats would have been fired a long time ago.

With no benefits, no severance, no eligibility for unemployment.

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

3 members found this post helpful.

Henrico, NC 36 30'50.49" N 77 50'17.47" W

quote copied from one of Squirmy's posts:

"Just wait, Obamacare will make your medical expenses & insurance sky rocket even more than it has in the last few years."

Obamacare is saving this family over $900 a month on health insurance.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom King View Post
    quote copied from one of Squirmy's posts:

"Just wait, Obamacare will make your medical expenses & insurance sky rocket even more than it has in the last few years."

Obamacare is saving this family over $900 a month on health insurance.
    Well lets hope you dont have to use that insurance,,, as Squirmy mentioned, medical expenses will be going up up up.

Thank you. Data helps the discussion.

Because of the skew toward the moneyed class in this country (lower tax on investments and profits, reduction or flattening of wages to employees), this is still a profitable country for investors. It's just not profitable for Americans.

A woman I know is noting high numbers of Foreign investors are buying up properties with a view to becoming landlords. This is fact, not a magazine piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    There is no end on the horizon, there is no hope for change under Obama. If I could put this post in a time capsule and fast forward 4 more years, I would bet my salary that the US ENORMOUS DEBT will be close to $20 TRILLION.
    Sorry Obama gets full blame for everthing under his watch.. Libs were so quick to blame everything on Bush,,, so O gets the blame, Hes #1 .
    Yes. and people like you (if you are indeed two different posters) would be the first to blame Obama for the immediate damage to the economy with the large spending cuts you so strongly advocate for. Oh wait, you probably only advocate for cuts to services and SS for elderly and such, not cuts to the feed trough for the industrial-military complex. Nevermind...that wouldn't be so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    In the real world those a$$hats would have been fired a long time ago.

With no benefits, no severance, no eligibility for unemployment.
    True, but they keep getting elected, so what is your point? We, the voters, have the ability to change the course of our country, but we chose to elect idiots on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyPenny View Post
    True, but they keep getting elected, so what is your point? We, the voters, have the ability to change the course of our country, but we chose to elect idiots on both sides.
    Unfortunately some of those a$$hats get re-elected because they are greasing palms.

Take KY's very own a$$hat for example. There are many, many Kentuckians, especially the urbanites, who have been wanting to rid ourselves from McConnell.

But somehow he keeps squeaking himself back in there. Almost like he is holding a gun to voters' heads.

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    Yes. and people like you (if you are indeed two different posters) would be the first to blame Obama for the immediate damage to the economy with the large spending cuts you so strongly advocate for. Oh wait, you probably only advocate for cuts to services and SS for elderly and such, not cuts to the feed trough for the industrial-military complex. Nevermind...that wouldn't be so bad.
    Actually, CUTS will HAVE to be made. The fact is that the Govt spends WAY more that it has, I think EVERYONE can agree to that, right??

At some point, we will HAVE to deal w/the Debt. The longer we wait, the more painful it will be, but it will be painful.

I just can not fathom how our Debt or the Fiscal Cliff solutions were mostly about TAX RAISES, instead of SPENDING CUTS. It seems like a lot of people are ok w/this. The Tax Raises will not solve anything, and will further shrink our economy. It will make things WORSE.

It is gonna take an Adult to be honest w/the USA people. Our Govt had over spent and over promised for decades. The Entitlements are just the biggest percentage of our budget, so they MUST be dealt w/if anything is ever gonna change.

Quote Originally Posted by Shermy View Post
    The Entitlements are just the biggest percentage of our budget, so they MUST be dealt w/if anything is ever gonna change.
    FWIW. social security does not add to the national debt - well, except for the fact that it has been plundered starting with the Reagan administration as it has been added in to the governments operating budget - with the exception of a few years when Clinton stopped adding it into the budget. Then Bush Jr came along and went back to plundering it. That needs to stop. The social Security fund must be kept separate.

The military budget, however, is part of the general operating fund. Well, except for when Presidents choose to use "emergency funds" so that they don't have to add it in.

Until social Security gets separated from the rest of the government, conservatives will be able to claim it is running us off a cliff. It was meant to be separate, make it separate. Currently, the federal government is just stealing my money in the name of ss tax and using it to fund their general obligations, wars and debt.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    FWIW. social security does not add to the national debt - well, except for the fact that it has been plundered starting with the Reagan administration as it has been added in to the governments operating budget - with the exception of a few years when Clinton stopped adding it into the budget. Then Bush Jr came along and went back to plundering it. That needs to stop. The social Security fund must be kept separate.

The military budget, however, is part of the general operating fund. Well, except for when Presidents choose to use "emergency funds" so that they don't have to add it in.

Until social Security gets separated from the rest of the government, conservatives will be able to claim it is running us off a cliff. It was meant to be separate, make it separate. Currently, the federal government is just stealing my money in the name of ss tax and using it to fund their general obligations, wars and debt.
    And I suppose the fact tha Obama cut the SS portion of employees withhilding in 2011 and 2012 by 2% isnt considered raiding SS to the lib mind... HUH

Military spending AND SS/Medicare/Medicaid/Entitlements all deserve a big whack with the reduction stick!

And I suppose the fact tha Obama cut the SS portion of employees withhilding in 2011 and 2012 by 2% isnt considered raiding SS to the lib mind... HUH

Military spending AND SS/Medicare/Medicaid/Entitlements all deserve a big whack with the reduction stick!
    Of course it should be considered to be raiding SS and is one of the more asinine moves. I'm not sure how you anyone could defend cutting SS taxes.

BTW. if you could calm down a bit, we both happen to agree on your last comment. I'm not sure why you have to speak in such a degrading and derogatory manner.

But whatever. You just keep on assuming what I or most others who do not agree with your narrow world views are thinking, just because I fall on the liberal side of things and pretty soon I'll stop even trying to see the "other" side. Just like all politicians want us to do. As long as we are polarized, they can continue to plunder.

Ya, know Sketcher more of these

and less facts would really help your arguments.

Do an audit,see where it went and get it back.

Look at congress and who they awarded their pork projects to. Start putting people in jail, suing for restitution.
    Enough pussyfooting around.

During the first bailout in the fall of 2008 our representatives were 'flooded' with phone calls and faxes ( 95% of them were constituants screaming not to bail out the banks let them fail) and yet they voted for it anyhow.
    The taxpayers told them to stop spending years ago. We have been telling Bush & co to get out of the middle east long before Obama took office and he didn't, I don't see why the taxpayers should be responsible for a bill that we didn't just not authorise but we told them 'DON'T'!!! and they did it anyhow.
    Last edited by 5; Jan. 1, 2013 at 07:25 PM.
    The Denver Broncos went to visit an orphanage. "It's so sad looking into their faces so devoid of hope." Sara aged 6