The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I LOVE to cuddle. Especially if I'm the small spoon. I sleep better that way than any other.

Oh totally! Love it, but I can't sleep cuddled up... I get WAY too hot. It's totally not awesome to wake up covered in sweat lol.

1 members found this post helpful.

I'm a 'toucher' not a cuddler...I feel trapped and can't get comfortable with someone's arms and body wrapped around me. I do, however, like knowing my husband (or dog) is close by, and if we can be touching somehow, I'm happy.
    Random horse pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/glfprncs/
    Talk to me about fitness or nutrition (I'm an A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer)!
    My blog! http://personalsweatequity.blogspot.com/

I'm a touchy person, my primary "love language" is physical touch, but I was never a big cuddler. I was fine with a little couch cuddling during a movie or something, but like many have said, it made me feel claustrophobic or smothered, especially if I was trying to sleep. My current BF must have magical cuddling skills though, because I can sleep cuddled up with him the whole night and be totally comfortable. In previous relationships, I used to always look forward to the nights I had the bed to myself. Now I hate it when he's not here, because I've gotten pretty fond of cuddling.

I'm a ridiculously snuggly person. So snuggly, in fact, that I've actually attended real, honest to goodness Cuddle Parties before! And I'm lucky that practically everyone close in my life is snuggly too, it's a wonderful thing!
    Nine out of ten times, you'll get it wrong...but it's that tenth time that you get it right that makes all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by SuckerForHorses View Post
    I love to snuggle, especially when its cold! Drives my BF nuts because he is a human furnace and he says when I snuggle against his back, i breathe hot air all over his back and make his back wet!
    I too am married to a human furnace! Sorta sucks because I do love to cuddle.
    Fortunately both dogs are cuddle monsters as well. Simon (my shepherd/ACD cross) is particularly good at it. He loves to get in bed and spoon in the mornings after breakfast (we get up, feed and take for pees, then usually go back to bed for a little while).

I love to snuggle and cuddle. It may or may not lead to "something" Husband shows me lots of physical affection which I thrive on. Our son seems to like seeing us hug and kiss "because I know you love each other a lot and have to kiss a lot because you like to kiss!" - Five year old boys are fabulous. LOL!
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
    W. C. Fields

2 members found this post helpful.

Yes. Both.

Lucky that my kitties (Birmans - they are so awesome) and my one horse are very cuddly.

man cuddling is lovely too...
    “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”
    Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

xh used to laugh about it when I told him I was a self-proclaimed "touch whore". I love it. cuddling, snuggling, hugging, snogging ... love it all! It was a LONG time before we slept in the same bed and weren't at least touching. Thankfully unless he was sick or it was too hot in the room (he is a furnace himself) he never minded at all.

all the touching is one of the things I miss most since he left.
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

Hmmm...Yup love it. With the right peson, that is.... or dog, or cat... I think my horse would be an awesome snuggle bunny if he didn't weigh 1400 lbs, have hooves, and not be housebroken... He loves resting his head in my arms.
    I have too many ponies but love 'em all!

http://foxview-farm.blogspot.com/

Nope, not me.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by rmh_rider View Post
    Nope, not me.
    Shun the non-believer!
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

4 members found this post helpful.

I feel that people who don't like to cuddle are like people who don't like dogs - They're just not.... right.
    Have YOU ever looked into the eyes of a rich white child who has just lost a jumping competition?

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Anyone who doesn't like my dog has got to be "not right in the head" because everyone who has ever met my dog loves him to pieces.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Quote Originally Posted by Irishrose261 View Post
    I feel that people who don't like to cuddle are like people who don't like dogs - They're just not.... right.

Just last night we feel asleep with DH snuggling me and me snuggling the littler dog. Often pooch gets more snuggles than the hubby.

I'm glad I have a DH who is the best cuddle buddy!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

I got my little dog when I was a Sr in college and after he passed the requisite crate training time frame, I taught him to sleep in the bed with me, usually under the covers, tucked behind my knees. He's the best cuddler and I have a hard time sleeping without him there. He will sleep in as late as I want to, naps with me midday...

My friend has a JRT and we often stay in hotels together at horse shows- there will be times I'm sitting awake tossing and turning until her little dog jumps up to sleep with me and then I conk out.

I had some cavities filled while I was home for Christmas and my dad is my dentist, so the dogs got to come with me- my little guy jumped up on my legs and laid there for almost two hours while I get my dental work done. It was the least stressful DDS appointment I've ever had!!

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...53263976_n.jpg

Not me!

One of my favorite phrases since the time I was two was "STOP TOUCHING ME - PLEASE!" or "LET ME GO!"

This in addition to "YOU CAN GO NOW!" (an homage to my independent nature).

I was such a wonderfully pleasant little girl. My mom wanted a girl she could dress up and do cute hair-do's and cuddle and love. And that is very much NOT what she got. AT ALL.

I will do obligatory cuddling when I'm in a relationship but I have my limits. And, FWIW, I love my dogs (and other people's dogs too!)

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Anyone who doesn't like my dog has got to be "not right in the head" because everyone who has ever met my dog loves him to pieces.
    I use my dog to weed out guys that I date. If you don't love my dog when you meet him, I automatically lower you down a notch.
    Have YOU ever looked into the eyes of a rich white child who has just lost a jumping competition?

Well, I guess I am fortunate to have a husband, who like me, doesn't like to cuddle. We can be "not right" together.

2 members found this post helpful.

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

Quote Originally Posted by Irishrose261 View Post
    Even my newfy, all 160 pounds of hair, likes to cuddle, especially recently. He'll climb up on the couch and lay down next to me. At least for a while... then I think he gets too warm and goes to lay down on the relatively cooler floor... but still nearby.

I too figure if a guy doesn't at least LIKE my critters there is something wrong with him. He doesn't have to love my hairy slobberball dog... or the aloof cats... or even the horses... but he should at least like them enough to listen to me gush about them.
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike