The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Not a cuddler. Makes me feel trapped. I especially hate it while I'm sleeping. I move a lot and to be in one place too long is absolute misery for me.

I do quite like dogs (and cats) though.

I might as well be dead without human touch.

I LOVE to cuddle. I really am terribly touchy when I love someone. People I don't know, or even don't know well had better keep their hands off me though. I'm one extreme or the other.

Thankfully my boyfriend is very affectionate too. He always has his hand holding mine or just touching me in some way. Makes me feel like the most loved person in the world.

None of my dogs have every been calm enough for couch time.

My horse actually pulls the cuddle card every once in a while and I melt every time. After I pull the halter off of him he'll bury his head under my arm and put his weight into me and sigh a big sigh. He'll stay there for 5 minutes or more if I rub his ears and whisper sweet nothings to him. Most of the time he's a big d*ck

2 members found this post helpful.

I love cuddling, but I'm single, so luckily I have good animals to cuddle with. I've got 2 dogs and a cat who are cuddling with me right now, and the other dogs are around here somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    Anyone else love it? I know there are some Cuddle Monsters and Snuggle Sluts here!
    trying to wind'em up, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by mswillie View Post
    Not a cuddler. Makes me feel trapped. I especially hate it while I'm sleeping. I move a lot and to be in one place too long is absolute misery for me.

I do quite like dogs (and cats) though.
    I agree. It drives Mr. Heinz a little crazy sometimes but I'm not an extended-stay cuddler. I'll sit next to him or hold his hand, but we're both side/stomach sleepers and face opposite directions when it comes to the bed. He has a bad shoulder and I like to sleep on the edge facing out, plus he's impossible to wake up if I wanted to move. And the one dog that sleeps on the bed likes to sleep between our feet, anway.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

*shameless bump*
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Yes.

I wish I had my favorite man cuddler here. It's been a week and I am going through withdrawls.

At least my dog is excellent at it.

Quote Originally Posted by MunchingonHay View Post
    I love to snuggle and be cuddly. And I like to be very close in public too. There is no such thing as personal space when you are my BF.
    This describes me perfectly!

I'm not big on things like hugging and touching with just plain old friends or relatives. But I do like snuggling and cuddling when in a relationship.

I know I commented on this thread before, but I have been taking note on how touchy I am.....even with people I am casually familiar with, and I touch everyone. I will squeeze a bicep of a man or rub shoulders of a girl friend.

I don't want to hi-jack this thread, but one of my favorite movies is "Crash" and in the beginning there is a line about now no one touches each other anymore so when we do connect, we crash into one another. Or something like that.

Oh yes! DH, various old boyfriends (all friends with DH, no "funny business" here), etc. My horse friends are not at all "touchy-feely" and it seems weird to me, after spending years in a social group of extra-cuddly geeky people.

But DH is the best. Always!
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by Mythic Feronia, 1998 Morgan mare; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine

Yep, definitely. Alas, I'm currently single, so I have to settle for the cat.

I love to cuddle...but since I'm single, its just me and my 2 dogs.
    Only two emotions belong in the saddle: One is a sense of humor. The other is patience.

Excess snuggling/cuddling in my house can cause a 3 finger jab to the throat.

Not a fan of wearing another human.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by alabama View Post
    Honestly, I prefer to have the bed to myself after activities. LOL!

Now, snuggling while watching a movie on TV or something - that's nice...until he starts snoring.
    That's me exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    *shameless bump*
    yes. That was shameless.
    Audaces fortuna iuvat.

UGGGGGH, just the words Cuddle and Snuggle give me the willies. Not a big fan.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

1 members found this post helpful.

Just about every night I fall asleep on the couch, head on hubby’s lap – while he strokes my hair. Makes me fall right to sleep every time, and it is so relaxing!

And we “cuddle” when we first get into bed – especially in the winter! That bed is cold! Have to huddle for warmth! But I (and he) likes to have our space once we fall asleep.

Oh – and our small dog? He and the hubby are always cuddling (even his paper work from the shelter described him as “loves to cuddle”). I miss my cuddle cat I lost my “fatty cat” after 19 years together last summer. She was awesome for cuddling, loved to cozy up and put her chin on your shoulder and purr all night (also known as fatty pillow, because she loved if you put your head on her).

Well, I have a new (very handsome and so sweet) cuddle buddy The only problem is that he lives in VA This long distance thing sucks!
    "People ask me 'will I remember them if I make it'. I ask them 'will you remember me if I don't?'"