The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

June Carter and Johnny Cash are on the tv now singing Times are wasting ..

sigh.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

I am going to need lessons on not jumping the gun when it comes to snuggling before kissing. (since I am missing out on snuggling) Oh, the self control.......!

I think you kinda have to remember to keep the communication going with the mouth in order for them to come up under you and carry you and themselves.

Gosh I miss dressage clinics .....
    Founder of the People Who Prefer COTH Over FB Clique
    People Who Hate to Rush to Kill Wildlife Clique!
    "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique

3 members found this post helpful.

My first kiss...oi, I pretend it does not count as a first kiss, let's just put it that way.

The last guy I kissed went straight for the french kissing thing, which was my first experience with that, and that was not very cool at all. Sloppy, wet, etc. Ewww!!! None of the guys I've kissed have given me that "butterflies in the stomach feeling" except maybe for the fact they finally kissed me...just wasn't what I expected! Lol.

I, however, have been told I'm a good kisser. So that is a bit of a confidence boost. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MunchingonHay View Post
    First a snuggle cuddle thread now we are talking about kissing, and to top it all off I am watching The Tudors on Hulu. Oy! Wish I was not single as this moment.
    ROFL, I'm watching it on DVD (my Christmas present, the WHOLE THING). Get to series 4, it becomes a lot less sexy.

The only decent kissing was of course from the one time when the person wasn't appropriate (he was not a candidate for a thread involving an alter-not married, just not really a good situation, though it worked out for the best). All the others have been dry and insufficiently aggressive to be at all interesting. I may have more or less slammed the door in the face of my Fancy Dress date who tried it. Nice Guys are terrible kissers and I assume terrible at everything else, too.

I totally disagree with that statement - kissing, like anything else, is technique, desire, and chemistry, and why should nice guys be exempt? One thing that's EXTREMELY important (and this is where nice guys have an edge) is that you have to be willing to learn as you go. Everyone wants different things, and so learning to kiss someone new is like learning a new horse. What do they like? It's an exploration, and some people are more tuned in than others. If you can get a guy to slow down and kiss with that spirit, you can help them figure it out.

1 members found this post helpful.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

*shameless bump*
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

First kiss on the lips was a spin the bottle game at a grade 8 party.

First french kiss was with my first bf in grade 10. It was slobbery, wet, yuckie. His braces weren't helping any. He was totally cute so that kinda made up for it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by thatmoody View Post
    I totally disagree with that statement - kissing, like anything else, is technique, desire, and chemistry, and why should nice guys be exempt? One thing that's EXTREMELY important (and this is where nice guys have an edge) is that you have to be willing to learn as you go. Everyone wants different things, and so learning to kiss someone new is like learning a new horse. What do they like? It's an exploration, and some people are more tuned in than others. If you can get a guy to slow down and kiss with that spirit, you can help them figure it out.
    *snort* No, thank you. If they are at all tentative I'm not interested. Slowing down is the worst possible thing they can do-who wants a man who doesn't know what he's doing and can't take charge? Be assertive and take charge or don't even bother, men.

Default Maybe TMI....

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    *snort* No, thank you. If they are at all tentative I'm not interested. Slowing down is the worst possible thing they can do-who wants a man who doesn't know what he's doing and can't take charge? Be assertive and take charge or don't even bother, men.
    Well current BF (that I mentioned was not a great kisser) was tentative and wanted to "take things slowly" at first. But he's since realized that I like some aggression and I've found he's perfectly capable of push-you-against-a-wall intensity
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue

Met up with the boy last night and made out in his truck in an alley like we were high school kids. granted, we're only about 5 years removed from high school, but it was fun.