The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Can We Have a Kissing Thread?

Sort of a spin-off of the canoeing thread?

Just wondering what other people thnk of kissing, French kissing and what I guess is plain old American kissing? English kissing?

Just wondering ...
    Founder of the People Who Prefer COTH Over FB Clique
    People Who Hate to Rush to Kill Wildlife Clique!
    "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique

Sure. We can have one.
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I enjoy kissing. I think it's great as long as it's not overdone or a nasty slobber-fest.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

2 members found this post helpful.

Oh boy, I remember a date I had in college. I'd been lusting after the guy for AGES and was thrilled when he finally asked me out.

The date went well, no "sparks" but definitely some chemistry. Until he went to kiss me goodnight.

Ugh. I totally wasn't going for the french kiss at the time, but it would have been OK if it had been a GOOD kiss. Instead it felt like he was drooling all down my chin. I seriously thought I was going to need to towel off after.

A few months later I ended up chatting with another girl who'd also gone out with this guy, so of course we compared notes. She said the same thing - sweet guy, nice, but a HORRIBLE slobbery kisser. I hope he eventually found himself in a relationship with someone equally sloppy. Or got a FWB willing to retrain him.

Sure, we have enough kissing spines posts, why not a kissing one?

My first kiss was horrible. HORRIBLE! Made me wonder why people enjoyed it at all, and the whole time I was just praying it would end SOON! Thank goodness the next guy knew not to attempt to perform a tonsillectomy on me with his tongue, lol.

Hmm. My first kiss with my fiancee was terrible. His skills have been honed since that day though, thankfully.
    Friend of bar.ka

My first kiss was with Ashley Hammill on the school bus. It was French. Really awkward cause it was in elementary school and she initiated it.

1 members found this post helpful.

Can someone please explain why some men think it is necessary to use their entire tongue? Goodness, I think it is just as bad as a flasher whippin' out his willie.
    Hope Blooming- Life with Chronic Pancreatitis

My blog: Life with Pancreatitis

12 members found this post helpful.

No more than a third should be required.

My worst kiss was a high-school BF who thought it appropriate to stick his tongue IN MY EAR whilst we were making out in his bedroom. I still shudder just thinking about it.
    *friend of bar.ka

"Evidently, I am an unrepentant b*tch, possible trouble maker, and all around super villian"

5 members found this post helpful.

My first kiss was fun. Neighbor boy. I was in thrid grade. He was in fifth...

Anyhooo... my husband is not a good kisser. Tolerable. But not "knock your socks off". Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by cnvh View Post
    My worst kiss was a high-school BF who thought it appropriate to stick his tongue IN MY EAR whilst we were making out in his bedroom. I still shudder just thinking about it.
    Nothing wrong with a little delicate nibbling around the ear, or even a few flicks of the tongue. But trying to impersonate a Q-Tip? Um, no. So not a turn on.

I hate when guys try to kiss me while we are out in public. On the cheak or a quick kiss, sure. But I had one boyfriend who thought the movies were the best place for a makeout session. NO! Before we were actually official, we had gone out on a few casual dates and he tried to kiss me while in the movies and he said on a later date that he didn't think I was interested in him. Sorry dude, I like you, but I'm not going to make out in the middle of the movie theater.

Most awkward kiss award definitely goes to my last boyfriend (we are no longer together, thank god. That was an awful relationship... but that's another story.). I'm very traditional and feel that the guy should be the one to make the first move. We had been seeing eachother for 2 months, hanging out, going to the occasional party etc. I had another guy ask me out so I finally had to tell him he had to decide what he wanted to do... were we a couple or not? He said he was interested in us being a couple. Fine, great. Well, still no kiss up until that point, which was fine, but his roommates were clearly hinting to him that he needed to do it already. So he goes in to kiss me as we are standing at the door, misses , tries again, and it's just a peck on the lips. I was his first real girlfriend, so I don't know whether he was nervous or what, but we both were sort of mortified. That should have been a sign for me... I can't believe I dated him

Sort of OT, but I saw something recently that said "Do you ever look at an ex and ask yourself, 'Was I drunk the entire relationship?'". I LOL'ed and said Why yes, yes I do.
    "People ask me 'will I remember them if I make it'. I ask them 'will you remember me if I don't?'"

Ha! I look back at pictures of my ex-husband and wonder what I was thinking. Looking at him now I find him so unattractive and gross, I can't believe I had sex with him. He could be a bit of a wet kisser, which I really don't like.

My first real kiss was Mark Law, in the driveway of my parents' house. He was dropping me off from Xmas shopping and we were standing at the back of the car. As he was pulling the packages out of the trunk, he turned and kissed me! I was kind of taken by surprise, but also happy about it. He became my boyfriend.

Mr. PoPo is a good kisser. Sometimes if we get a little overenthusiastic our teeth clank together. I will say that after almost 10 years together I still get tummy tickles when he kisses me.
    My Mustang Adventures - Mac, my mustang | Annwylid D'Lite - my Cob filly

"A horse's face always conveys clearly whether it is loved by its owner or simply used." - Anja Beran

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by cnvh View Post
    Oh god - what did he think this was going to do, besides remind you of a wet willie?

Ah, kissing. One of my favorite activities, so I can't believe that it's been so long since I've done it. I've had some dates, but no one has interested me enough for a while to actually want to kiss them. Sigh.

Kissing on the mouth is totally over-rated.
    There are so many other, much better things that rock my canoe...
    Ottbs - The finish line is only the beginning!

3 members found this post helpful.

My very first french kiss was so awful I actually pulled back and said, "Ewwww!" He said, "We'll practice and it will get better." No. No. No.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I love COTH!!

My first grade crush kissed me on the lips, does that count?
    Proud member of the COTH Junior (and Junior-at-Heart!) clique!

Quote Originally Posted by thatmoody View Post
    Oh god - what did he think this was going to do, besides remind you of a wet willie?

My first was also my first BF - who apparently thought he was supposed to do his best impression of a helicopter with his tongue. Bleh.

I've dated some really, really good kissers - and a few that were very bad. One, bless his heart, was probably one of the best looking guys I'd ever dated (and the nicest!). He was a cowboy, and OOOH boy you should have seen the looks I got from the buckle bunnies at those rodeos! I still to myself from time to time - he was a terrible, terrible kisser and completely useless in bed on all fronts. Nice to look at, though, and good muscle to have around the farm.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson