The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default WaxVac?

Could anything be any grosser??? I'm sitting here watching the Food Network and a commercial for this horrid gadget that sucks wax and water out of your ear comes on. Just stick it in your ear and dump the remains down the sink. UGH! And is Food Network really where they need to advertise? It really doesn't stir my appetite!

Sorry. I'm feeling cranky this morning 'cause it's damn cold outside and I'm not happy about going to work tomorrow. LOL!
    Last edited by alabama; Dec. 30, 2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Typo in the header. And thanks for the advice yesterday telling me how to fix it. :)

I saw that one, and gross doesn't even begin to describe it. And what a stupid thing to do at home. How long before someone buys it, hurts their hearing, and sues?
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Okay, I'll be the weirdo to say I was highly intrigued and I would totally try it. I've used ear candles and while some people say they are bogus I swear I hear better after. And, yeah, I totally peel them open to see what goodies I got.

Even better is when I have to go to the doctor to get wax dug out. Seriously, how does all that crap have room to be in there? It is just unreal. My PCP and I take take a great deal of glee when it is ear picking time.

There's my TMI confession for the day.
    Hope Blooming- Life with Chronic Pancreatitis

My blog: Life with Pancreatitis

1 members found this post helpful.

I love the commercials for it. Where the guy screams "OUCH!!!" really loudly as he jams the q-tip in his ear.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I love the commercials for it. Where the guy screams "OUCH!!!" really loudly as he jams the q-tip in his ear.
    My one pet peeved about these types of commercials....who the hell cleans their ears harsh enough to hurt themselves?

Me too!!! In fact my friend and I were laughing over that commercial on Christmas Day! It cracks me up!

Talk about totally overreacting! You'd think he'd rammed a knitting needle down there.

My husband is a proliferate producer of earwax. I went with him to a dr's appointment once and he got his ears flushed out. It looked as if someone had shoved huge wads of chewing tobacco in his ears and then really packed it down in there. DH was completely freaked out on the car ride home - "oh my God, is the sound of the car tires on pavement always that loud?"

I replied, "Just wait until we get home and you hear how loud you've had the TV lately."

Quote Originally Posted by comingback View Post
    My one pet peeved about these types of commercials....who the hell cleans their ears harsh enough to hurt themselves?
    I pay health claims and had to pay for surgery for a 30 year old woman that broke a Q-Tip off in her ear and got it stuck there. Imagine digging hard enough in your hear to BREAK a Q-Tip. This was not a young toddler, this was an adult in college. (I understand toddlers stick all kinds of thinks up the nose and in the ears)
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

Quote Originally Posted by comingback View Post
    Right? To quote Chandler from Friends, "You're supposed to stop the q-tip when you meet resistance!"

I do have a coworker who recently ruptured her eardrum via q-tip...she's kind of an idiot, though....

If you watch the commercial closely, it never says that it gets the wax out of your ears. Its very misleading because its called "WaxVac", right? It says it gets water and debris. It shows it sucking up water and loose particles, never anything the consistency of ear wax. Maybe Im wrong and it does get out wax, but it never actually says that.

Me too! Things in my life are really tense and sad right now. That stupid guy yelling is the one thing that makes me gut-laugh every time I see it.

I had no idea what you were talking about and, prophetically, I saw the commercial.

What I REALLY want to know is how there are only 11 posts on here, but it's stayed at the top of OT day all day today. The mystery!