The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default website name help

not sure where this should go :/

amateur rider and a dealer for a horse product, based out of MS...trying to come up with a website/company name (currently company is listed just under my name) to i can sell somewhere besides by word of mouth/facebook.

so far i have:

MSequine.net

MSequinesupply.com

other?

which one is better or worse? any other ideas? will only be carrying a couple brands of merchandise...more of a specialty store. hobby and not really for profit.

i thought about doing "the wholesome horse" but it sounded kind of weird to me.

Keep it as short and simple as possible. Match it as close to the actual business name as you can. (Or in this case since you are naming the business too, you could do the opposite and name it for whatever URL you end up buying.)

Try to pick something that is easily spelled even if someone just hears it said or is told about your company. I heard a radio commercial for a company the other day. It mentioned their website, but the company name was some kind of made-up word that could be spelled many different ways based on how it was pronounced. I have no way to visit their site or even attempt a Google search.

I'd take a .com over a .net, and definitely stay away from .biz and .info. Those last two in particular are home to so many junky and scammy sites that I won't click on any link containing them.

1 members found this post helpful.

Is it risky to start with MS? I wonder if your website could get mixed into pages with the muscle disease. I also have more trust in .com addresses. It's hard to come up with just the right name, so mull it over until you're satisfied. You don't want to wake up one morning with exactly the right name in your mind and have it be too late.

Thanks for the input! I have not ever thought that MS would get confusing with muscle disease...will have to think about that.

Have you thought about not creating a website and instead relying on facebook. I've recently been encouraging start up business to focus on using facebook to network and gain clients with, you can get orders with facebook as well. Just a thought...

I'd need more info about what your selling to come up with a name. I'm very good at naming things.
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

Thanks guys, I currently have a Facebook page, but possibly expanding and am looking for a simple, easy, but professional looking online store. i'm playing around with weebly right now.

Here is a small snippet:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...at115003AM.png

Right now, I am just a dealer for Freedom Feeders. I would like to eventually expand and become a dealer for a few other products.

That's definitely a possibility...thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryswyn View Post
    I'd need more info about what your selling to come up with a name. I'm very good at naming things.

really? would you help me too?
    sorry to hijack, please pm me!