The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Tips on searching for grants or writing grant proposals?

I've spent many years with non-profits, but it's finally time for me to suck it up and learn how to deal with grants. (I find the whole process a little intimidating.)

I'm working with CEPEC, a non-profit in California working to create a world class equestrian facility. Since I founded our local collegiate equestrian team and my degree is partially in education, I'm working with them to develop an educational/academic center.

My task right now is to research grants that provide funding for research for new education programs (like a new degree). Then I'm sure I'll be writing the grant proposals next.

I know there are a ton of resources online, and I plan to read through them all. But are there any COTHers experienced in this who would be willing to help me through the process?

If I do a great job with them, it can open up the position for my dream job. So I'm trying to make sure I send them top-notch work.
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Fourteen Months Living and Working in Costa Rica

Quote Originally Posted by Wonders12 View Post
    grants that provide funding for research for new education programs (like a new degree).
    Can you explain this a bit more?