The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default rembrant saddles

I possibly found a saddle for gimpy me. who has ridden or seen a rembrant? i found one like 1/4 of the price! and it seems to be well padded with hefty blocks

\
    Beyond the Ring-para dressage, training, coaching
    www.facebook.com/btrparadressage

Proud Team Four Star Minion! Renegade for Life!

I had one many, many years ago (about 20+). From what I remember it was a nice enough saddle. I'm guessing this is an older saddle? I don't think they have been made for awhile. Hows the flocking?

Bottom line is if it fits your horse and you that's all that matters!

I have an older Rembrandt and love it! It's is very comfortable if you like a more narrow twist. Thighblocks are huge, but well placed for my leg length.
    They used to be sold through Classic Saddlery in Michigan and are now called Classic Saddles. I believe they still make similar or same models at very reasonable prices. Google them for their website.

I rode in my friend's for a year while she was out of horses and loved it. Good quality and comfortable. I believe the one I rode in is around 20 years old but it has held up very well.

I had one and liked it for a while. Until I had to do more sitting trot. Then it caused me unbelievable crotch pain and bleeding. If you like a narrow twist then you might like it. It just didn't fit me well. The seat was deeper than I'd like and the thigh rolls weren't in the right spot for me.
    My Mustang Adventures - my blog!
    Yoga for Equestrians
    "A horse's face always conveys clearly whether it is loved by its owner or simply used." - Anja Beran

Default I have one . . .

Getting dusty in my tackroom. Fit me and my heart horse beautifully. He died of a heart problem 4 years ago and I'm can just now thinking about putting it up on ebay. Most comfortable saddle I ever sat in. I think I am keeping it, hoping it will fit another future horse, but 4 horses later, that hasn't happened. Neither has the feeling of a perfect fit with any other horse. I'm just glad I had the experience for 24 years no less, many people never have.

2 members found this post helpful.

I had the Rembrandt Integra adjustable saddle and adored it! I need a wife twist and never had a problem with this model. Loved adjusting it with a key! It had a nice open seat and gusseted panels. Only sold because it was too long for my pony!
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

My butt loves loves loves my Rembrandt Integra!
    I\'m not crazy. I\'m just a little unwell.

Wife twist?

LOL! Wide! Stupid iPhone! LOL
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

Quote Originally Posted by Keg-A-Bacchus View Post
    I need a wife twist and never had a problem with this model. Loved adjusting it with a key! It had a nice open seat and gusseted panels. Only sold because it was too long for my pony!
    There was a thread once on horsey things you say that could be taken the wrong way, and this entire post qualifies!
    A helmet saved my life.

2014 goal: learn to ride like TheHorseProblem, er, a barn rat!

We have had 2. Still have 1. I had an Integra (adjustable tree and stirrup bars). Loved it, until my butt outgrew it.
    DH has an Lauria. Very different feel from the Integra.

So, like any other brand, the different models feel and ride differently. I really liked my integra but hate his lauria. But same with most other brands of saddles--some models are wonderful and others not so.

So I would suggest trying the model. Just like with any other saddle you are buyng.

I have one, not sure what model it is (nothing on the plate or flaps). Mine doesn't have big blocks but it does have a deep seat. Love the narrow twist. This saddle has worked well on about as many horses as the stubben. If the one you're looking at fits you and horsey, go for it, I think these saddles are well made.
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

I love my old adjustable tree Rembrandt. It has fit 95% of the horses I've ridden. And still going strong after 20+ years.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

I have a Rembrandt Laurea that is 15+ years old ... I find it very comfortable and it seems to fit the majority of horses I've tried it on. It has held up pretty well over the years. It looks kind of similar in design to the Passier Grand Gilbert.