The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Cavallo breeches fit

I am looking at ordering Cavallo breeches online and am wondering about fit. I am 5'2" and 115 lbs - normally I wear size 26 breech.

What size would I take in the Cavallo breech? In particular I am looking at the "Candy" breeches.

Thank you for any advice you can give me.

I wear the champion style breeches exclusively, love the fit and quality; they do run small, would definitely order up a size. I am 5'4", 138 lbs and wear a size 34 US. Hope this helps.
    "You gave your life to become the person you are right now. Was it worth it?" Richard Bach

I've found they run true to size (I'm 28 long) but their tall sizes aren't that tall

Do Cavallo breeches fit somewhat curvy figures? (small waist and a bit bigger in the hips) I will need to buy some FS white breeches for shows before May. I saw they have some that supposedly you can't see through. I'll believe it when I see it. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dharma View Post
    Do Cavallo breeches fit somewhat curvy figures? (small waist and a bit bigger in the hips) I will need to buy some FS white breeches for shows before May. I saw they have some that supposedly you can't see through. I'll believe it when I see it. ;-)

If you go to the Cavallo website they rate the breeches as S (slim fit), R (regular fit), W (wide).
    Of course that doesn't really tell you where you are in their fit scheme, but if you can find some styles locally to try, that will help.

Cavallos wash & wear very well

(pm for a shop recommendation if interested)

I agree that the longs aren't really all that long but otherwise I find them pretty true as compared to Pikeur. I'm 5'6" and weigh around 110lbs with a pretty slim build. I wear 26L in Cavallo and Pikeur but 24L in GoodeRider which is frankly super for my ego

Wild Rose, I am pretty much the same dimensions as you (115 pounds, 5 ' 3") and I wear a size 26 in Cavallo breeches. I am also a size 26 in Pikeur and 28 in Goode Rider if that helps.

Thanks for the responses. My big question - is there a translation between the German sizings of 36, 38, 40, etc.?

I know 42 is size 30 and 84 is 30L. 76 is size 26 long so 38 would be a 26. They do fit curvy people. I don't have a small waist but I do have a big ole booty and hips. I wear the same in Cavallo as I do in everything other nice pair of pants. I do think their longs are longer than anyone else's as I've ended up with a few longs and just fold them up at the bottom- the Cavallo's have to fold a lot further than my Pikeur's or my old Goode Riders.

1 members found this post helpful.