The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth Callahan View Post
    I think Otto has a very good eye for a TB mare and actually likes them. He tends to appreciate the things they bring to warmblood breeding. I am not so sure that other breed organizations seem them that way - they are seen as a necessary evil to get to the F2 generation.
    As an aside , I had a TB mare who just made premium with RPSI, was not premium with ISR but was in the top 20 mares nationwide for AHS ( including all Han mares). Just goes to show you they are all looking for something a little different
    With all due respect Doc.....with what I have seen Otto approve , I'm not sure he has anything in mind but the check. Sway backed 3 year old , multiple stallions with severely crooked legs , stallions that can't jump and everything in between.

In my opinion , they are a money for paper registry and I have no respect.

Reese,
    I can't speak for the stallions- have never seen any inspected but my TB mares have been scored harder by ISR than anyone else. RPSI next and AHS the easiest. Personally, I think all of them are ultimately about the check....

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth Callahan View Post
    Reese,
    I can't speak for the stallions- have never seen any inspected but my TB mares have been scored harder by ISR than anyone else. RPSI next and AHS the easiest. Personally, I think all of them are ultimately about the check....
    Yep....it's a shame. They are doing the breeders a disservice because most believe what they say. They are in the buisness of registering horses ,not selecting the best breeding stock and not helping the breeders get better.