The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

This thread is a scary read!

HL is doing what every single person in this country has the right to do. And that is challenge something they do not fundamentally agree with. A right to have their own beliefs, even if you dont share those beliefs.

The employees of HL have the privelege of working there and agree to the benefits offered by HL or they can go somewhere else if they want BC coverage. This is not any different that the way it works now. I negotiate my benefits prior to accepting my position, and if I didnt like them, I would have moved on. SIMPLE.

Wait, wait until the issues are litigated in the courts. HL has the right to due process. They will either win, (probably not given Supreme Court legistating from the bench) or they wont. If they do not win, my guess is that HL will close their doors or sell the business.

This is not the end of the litigation that will come out of Obamacare, JUST WAIT. The ONE THING everyone can count on from now on is that everything in the US will start costing more as companies pass along the onerous taxes and higher insurance costs of Obamacare and all other tax increases he is planning on shoving down throats.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post

HL is doing what every single person in this country has the right to do. And that is challenge something they do not fundamentally agree with. A right to have their own beliefs, even if you dont share those beliefs.

The employees of HL have the privelege of working there and agree to the benefits offered by HL or they can go somewhere else if they want BC coverage. This is not any different that the way it works now. I negotiate my benefits prior to accepting my position, and if I didnt like them, I would have moved on. SIMPLE.

Wait, wait until the issues are litigated in the courts. HL has the right to due process. They will either win, (probably not given Supreme Court legistating from the bench) or they wont. If they do not win, my guess is that HL will close their doors or sell the business.

This is not the end of the litigation that will come out of Obamacare, JUST WAIT. The ONE THING everyone can count on from now on is that everything in the US will start costing more as companies pass along the onerous taxes and higher insurance costs of Obamacare and all other tax increases he is planning on shoving down throats.
    Amen. You stated this better than I did in my previous attempts.
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    pregnancy and motherhood is pretty much the number one reason for poverty among women...

Considering that most customers of the chain are female....

Ah shucks....I would love to frequent another company, but dammit, they are the only game in town. The small locally owned art supply store went strictly framing. I did drop some major coinage there last year to have a couple of pictures framed, but sheesh...
    Lots of art supply stores have websites Amazon, A C Moore, Michael's, Jo Ann
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

<SNIP>
    The ONE THING everyone can count on from now on is that everything in the US will start costing more as companies pass along the onerous taxes and higher insurance costs of Obamacare and all other tax increases he is planning on shoving down throats.
    You do know I hope that Obama can't increase taxes, he can only sign or veto taxes proposed by congress
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

10 members found this post helpful.

It's funny that some people are up in arms about this, yet were fine with companies firing people who smoked (in their off time, off company property).

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    It's funny that some people are up in arms about this, yet were fine with companies firing people who smoked (in their off time, off company property).
    Yeah, no okay with that either.
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris

4 members found this post helpful.

Where humidity isn't just a word, it's a way of life.

Wow, completely off-topic, but I find it interesting that the most hateful, nasty, personal, condescending remarks on this topic are often made by folks that bitched the most about the "red thumb". lol

9 members found this post helpful.

^ is the scarey bit. They do not have the right to impose their beliefs on another person, nor have those beliefs affect another person, ESPECIALLY THEIR EMPLOYEES. They can piss and whine all they want on the subject of abortion, birth control etc, but they CANNOT prevent another person from using birth control or having an abortion. THAT is the law.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post
    You do know I hope that Obama can't increase taxes, he can only sign or veto taxes proposed by congress
    Good Lord - this thread is getting so snarky (shocking for COTH, I know). I am pretty sure that Noms is aware of how taxes are increased. The fact of the matter is that Obama is the leader of the Democratic party, and any tax increases put forward by that party will be associated with him. It is not as if he is uninvolved, in reality, in the process.
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post
    Really, you realize that if Obama does nothing in the next two days, he will succede in raising tax rates on evey one in the country.

1 members found this post helpful.

Really, you realize that if Obama does nothing in the next two days, he will succede in raising tax rates on evey one in the country.
    If Obama does nothing? What about congress?

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris

11 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Equibrit View Post
    ^ is the scarey bit. They do not have the right to impose their beliefs on another person, nor have those beliefs affect another person, ESPECIALLY THEIR EMPLOYEES.
    They are NOT imposing their beliefs on anyone, WTH. Employees who do not agree with HL health benefits are free to go work somewhere else, OR better yet, let them start their own arts and crafts business that offers that coverage to its employees.

5 members found this post helpful.

I think Mr Boehner and your elected representatives have done quite spiffingly on that score.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

13 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SaturdayNightLive View Post
    If Obama does nothing? What about congress?

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?
    Are you aware that the Bush Tax cuts AUTOMATICALLY expire at 12/31/2012 at the stike of midnight if Obama does nothing.

1 members found this post helpful.

^ is the scarey bit. They do not have the right to impose their beliefs on another person, nor have those beliefs affect another person, ESPECIALLY THEIR EMPLOYEES. They can piss and whine all they want on the subject of abortion, birth control etc, but they CANNOT prevent another person from using birth control or having an abortion. THAT is the law.
    I guess my issue is that you don't have to work somewhere if you have a problem with the beliefs/policies of the business owner. I don't mean for that to sound snarky or condescending or anything. It really is just the prism that I view the issue through.

There are certain law firms that I could work for, and make way more money than I make where I am, but I disagree with a lot of what the stand for and how they conduct business. So, I choose not work for them.

3 members found this post helpful.

Not if Obama does nothing, if congress does nothing. Seriously. Read a book or something.
    -George Morris

11 members found this post helpful.

They are NOT imposing their beliefs on anyone, WTH.
    Please explain the logic employed in reasoning this statement.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by TarheelJD View Post
    I guess my issue is that you don't have to work somewhere if you have a problem with the beliefs/policies of the business owner.
    The LAW does not allow this. Maybe you should READ it.
    Don't come work for us because we're religious loonies ??
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

5 members found this post helpful.

They're not. It's just not included in their insurance package that they offer employees. If you want BC or an abortion you can pay for it yourself.

I think Mr Boehner and your elected representatives have done quite spiffingly on that score.
    I agree, Boehner should have taken the very first offer that came from Obama (via Geitner) which was to raise rates on all income over $250K PLUS Obama had another stimulus and increase in spending in that budget. SPECTACULAR, way to go. We will have 1.5 trillion deficits added to the debt every year. YAY.