The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 1148
  1. #381
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    elaborate
    A one size fits all program can not work , ever. And Obamacare will be the biggest nightmare for businesses and employers.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  2. #382
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    31,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    A one size fits all program can not work , ever. And Obamacare will be the biggest nightmare for businesses and employers.
    explain why you think that.
    Don't just put that out like it was a fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  3. #383
    Join Date
    Jan. 31, 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,352

    Default

    I have no idea if the new healthcare system will work or won't work - how can any of us be sure either way? It's new to our nation. Give it a chance to either thrive or fail.

    As a provider, I am curious as to how this will impact me as a tiny private practice, but I'm not running in circles declaring that the sky is falling.

    My guess is, this new healthcare system will have some kinks - how big they will be, I do not know. I highly doubt this will destroy our nation, but I admit to being fearful of this looming fiscal cliff. No matter what any of us think or believe on the subject, the healthcare bill has passed and we are all part of it as US citizens. Can we PLEASE stop being such assholes to one another and simply walk forward and figure this out together? Oh wait - that's too reasonable. Never mind.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
    W. C. Fields


    9 members found this post helpful.

  4. #384
    Join Date
    Jan. 31, 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpsoMatt View Post
    Yeah, but it's still a lie to claim that they're getting exemptions from the law because of this belief.
    Gotcha
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
    W. C. Fields


    1 members found this post helpful.

  5. #385
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    Hell no,,, its exactly why we need to wipe obamacare off the books forever.
    I know I keep asking and have yet to get an answer, but why ? What on Gods green earth worked when people did not have access to healthcare ?

    Crickets are amazing....


    10 members found this post helpful.

  6. #386
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    explain why you think that.
    Don't just put that out like it was a fact.
    Huh, read all the posts on this BB and all we are discussing is HL not wanting to cover morning after pill and contraceptives..... There are over 3,000 pages of other stuff in the law that we havent even contmplated yet.

    The only people who are happy about obamacare are all of the lawyers drooling over the billions of dollars they are about to make on litigating this for the next 20 years.



  7. #387
    Join Date
    Apr. 25, 2002
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kathy s. View Post
    Isn't that what many of you are arguing against HL? So, it should be HL problem that someone that doesn't agree with the owners beliefs still decides to work there then demand the company adhere to their beliefs? Goes both ways. You can try and twist this any way you like but it comes down to personal choice and responsibility. Don't like the fact that Chic Filet or McCoys are closed on Sunday b/c of religious beliefs? What your arguing is they should be forced to stay open b/c employees don't agree with their employers religious beliefs therefore should be open on Sundays.
    So many stupid, irrelevant generalizations which the social conservatives try to use to make their desire to inflict their religious beliefs on others seem more reasonable.....

    Hobby Lobby is a business operating in the US, as such, it has to comply with US law. There are no laws requiring businesses to be open on Sunday or any other day. If there were, Hobby Lobby would have to comply with it. US law now states that contraception will be covered by insurance provided by employers. Hobby Lobby has to comply with that. They don't get to choose which laws to obey.

    If they think they can get away with it, by your logic that it should work both ways, they should only hire women who won't use contraception. This would solve their issue with having to provide it, because no one would ever use it.

    How would you feel about the owner declaring that he will only hire good Christian women who will agree to never use contraception while employed at his company, and if they do they can be fired?


    5 members found this post helpful.

  8. #388
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    I know I keep asking and have yet to get an answer, but why ? What on Gods green earth worked when people did not have access to healthcare ?

    Crickets are amazing....
    BECAUSE, what OBAMACARE does is privitize profits ( insurance companies still collect revenues) while it makes public all of the RISK. The taxpayers are now on the direct hook for non-paying poor people.

    There is no way to perfume the obamacare pig.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  9. #389
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,139

    Default

    Silence........I know a wonderfull mom who lost her house, her marriage and almost got laid off , she had a young child with developmental problems. Insurance claimed "pre-existing condition" so they took "individual responsibility" and paid for her cognitive therapy. Child is developing fine, the parents lost their home and filed for chapter 11. They divorced but hey, all is well child received the help she needed by parents losing their home.

    How is this OK with you posters objecting to "Obama care" ? What makes this right and just in this society ?


    6 members found this post helpful.

  10. #390
    Join Date
    Aug. 28, 2006
    Posts
    9,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TarheelJD View Post
    Sorry, I don't understand? If you think I was being rude, I apologize. That was not my intent.
    No, no, I didn't think you were being rude.

    It's just that I didn't think that carolprudm was being rude by making the point she did.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  11. #391
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    BECAUSE, what OBAMACARE does is privitize profits ( insurance companies still collect revenues) while it makes public all of the RISK. The taxpayers are now on the direct hook for non-paying poor people.

    There is no way to perfume the obamacare pig.
    Tax payers have always been "on the direct hook for non-paying poor people" how does Obamacare change that ?


    7 members found this post helpful.

  12. #392
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bauhaus View Post
    So many stupid, irrelevant generalizations which the social conservatives try to use to make their desire to inflict their religious beliefs on others seem more reasonable.....

    Hobby Lobby is a business operating in the US, as such, it has to comply with US law. There are no laws requiring businesses to be open on Sunday or any other day. If there were, Hobby Lobby would have to comply with it. US law now states that contraception will be covered by insurance provided by employers. Hobby Lobby has to comply with that. They don't get to choose which laws to obey.

    If they think they can get away with it, by your logic that it should work both ways, they should only hire women who won't use contraception. This would solve their issue with having to provide it, because no one would ever use it.

    How would you feel about the owner declaring that he will only hire good Christian women who will agree to never use contraception while employed at his company, and if they do they can be fired?
    HL is entitled to due process under the law to fight something they dont believe in. They are not goint to comply with the obamacare law.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  13. #393
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    Tax payers have always been "on the direct hook for non-paying poor people" how does Obamacare change that ?
    No, not really. They have been on the hook for expenses for medical services provided, like an illegal going to the hospital and not paying..

    Taxpayers have never been on the hook for INSURANCE premiums for the non-insured people. Huge difference.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  14. #394
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    HL is entitled to due process under the law to fight something they dont believe in. They are not goint to comply with the obamacare law.
    They lost an injunction, delusional ?


    4 members found this post helpful.

  15. #395
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    31,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    BECAUSE, what OBAMACARE does is privitize profits ( insurance companies still collect revenues) while it makes public all of the RISK. The taxpayers are now on the direct hook for non-paying poor people.

    There is no way to perfume the obamacare pig.

    the tax payer is now on the hook for on paying patients. It was never a problem getting health care when being poor. the working poor, the middle class people are the ones that make too much to be on medicaid, but not enough to buy their own insurance.

    Medical bills are one of the top reaons for people going bankrupt. That is insane for a country as wealthy as the US. Even with insurance you are only one catastrophic event away from the poor house.

    but you still don't bring any facts, just regurgitate soundbites.

    The current system is for profit. And while I don't think the new system is all that it could be, it is hardly Obama's fault. gosh I can't believe it's been nearly 20 years now, but another guy tried to get congress to reform healthcare....oh right...republican house, democratic president...screw the people, if they are so stupid and get sick.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.


    6 members found this post helpful.

  16. #396
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    No, not really. They have been on the hook for expenses for medical services provided, like an illegal going to the hospital and not paying..

    Taxpayers have never been on the hook for INSURANCE premiums for the non-insured people. Huge difference.
    Insurance premiums are more than hospital care ? Where are your facts ?


    5 members found this post helpful.

  17. #397
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,139

    Default

    Noms, really I do appreciate that you have been here fighting for your argument. I really just think we as a country need to step up and resolve this issue of the lack of health insurance and people dying for the lack of health insurance.

    We don't know what exactly will occur and those such as Eye in the Sky are right but the alternative did not work either.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  18. #398
    Join Date
    Apr. 9, 2012
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    93

    Default

    By definition insurance premiums are more than hospital care, or the insurance company would go out of business.

    Everyone with insurance pays a premium, but not everyone with insurance needs hospital care.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  19. #399
    Join Date
    Dec. 10, 2012
    Posts
    689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bauhaus View Post
    How would you feel about the owner declaring that he will only hire good Christian women who will agree to never use contraception while employed at his company, and if they do they can be fired?
    In a truly FREE society, that would be just fine. However, that level of freedom threatens those who can't make their way without government paving it for them.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  20. #400
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Do you people not understand the difference between health insurance coverage and medical expenses???

    I am not going to school you, stay dumb.



Similar Threads

  1. Fall flowers 80% off at Hobby Lobby!
    By NaniLio in forum Around The Farm
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Nov. 17, 2012, 12:17 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: Oct. 25, 2011, 02:26 PM
  3. Obamacare And Horseowners
    By Frank B in forum Off Course
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: Sep. 26, 2010, 07:08 PM
  4. Replies: 30
    Last Post: Oct. 7, 2009, 10:05 AM
  5. Spinoff- how do you support your dressage hobby?
    By CatOnLap in forum Dressage
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Jun. 13, 2008, 11:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •