The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 1148
  1. #281
    Join Date
    Aug. 28, 2006
    Posts
    10,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TarheelJD View Post
    Good Lord - this thread is getting so snarky (shocking for COTH, I know). I am pretty sure that Noms is aware of how taxes are increased. The fact of the matter is that Obama is the leader of the Democratic party, and any tax increases put forward by that party will be associated with him. It is not as if he is uninvolved, in reality, in the process.

    I'm not so sure she does... she keeps leaving congress out of the equation.


    5 members found this post helpful.

  2. #282
    Join Date
    Apr. 28, 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA and New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    1,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grayarabpony View Post
    I'm not so sure she does... she keeps leaving congress out of the equation.
    Yeah, you may be right. And I have given up trying to keep this thing civil.
    Last edited by TarheelJD; Dec. 30, 2012 at 07:51 PM. Reason: "Yay" should be "Yeah."
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson


    1 members found this post helpful.

  3. #283
    Join Date
    May. 5, 2006
    Posts
    2,905

    Default

    I won't shop there.
    Sheilah


    3 members found this post helpful.

  4. #284

    Default

    Is anyone else puzzled by the belief that morning after pills are abortion pills? There's already another thread that discusses abortion pills and they are totally different things. Maybe I'm wrong, but I always thought it actually took upwards of 72 to concieve. Meaning, it takes more than 12 hours for sperm to make their way into an egg. Taking the morning after pill the morning after is not going to end any pregnancy.


    11 members found this post helpful.

  5. #285
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2007
    Location
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.
    Posts
    11,472

    Default

    2.5 hours if they belong to Michael Phelps.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!


    6 members found this post helpful.

  6. #286
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grayarabpony View Post
    I'm not so sure she does... she keeps leaving congress out of the equation.
    Hahaha, we back to the fiscal cliff crisis again???


    1 members found this post helpful.

  7. #287
    Join Date
    Nov. 6, 2001
    Location
    Fairfax
    Posts
    1,807

    Default

    It's interesting that the posts here fall pretty much into two camps. One camp starts with the perspective that responsibility for care lies with the individual. The second camp starts with the premise that basic responsibility lies with the gov, company or some other entity.

    As a result, everyone is convinced that someone is forcing their beliefs on someone else either by refusing to pay for bc or for mandating bc be paid for. Starting from such totally different perspectives, no one is going to change the others mind.


    This issue lies at the heart of almost all our political issues today. What has made this country special is the basic premise that with personal freedom, comes personal responsibility. It concerns me that that so many want the freedom, but no longer take personal responsibility.

    Reasonable folks can disagree and there are many reasonable folks on this board. My opinion is not meant to disparage anyone...it's just my opinion.


    13 members found this post helpful.

  8. #288
    Join Date
    Feb. 23, 2005
    Location
    Spotsylvania, VA
    Posts
    13,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    I added a few more choices, lets see what the end up doing??? In any event, the fact that the Govt is forcing this crap on business is just ^&^%.


    Follow the law - sounds like their convictions are stong enough that this will not be their choice.

    They could defy and pay the penalty - this would cause them to go out of business.

    They could sell the business

    OR, they could drop all employees to below the number of hours so that Obamacare would not apply,, maybe they could pay a little more so that employees would be on their own for insurance then go out into the public exchanges.
    The government "forces" "crap" on businesses all the time, the ADA, environmental regulations, non discrimination, safety and labor standards.
    So sad to bad you can't treat people like crap
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.


    8 members found this post helpful.

  9. #289
    Join Date
    Jul. 19, 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,539

    Default

    Well, I certainly won't stop shopping there. I get 80% of my stuff from Hobby Lobby, their prices are much better than Joann's and they have way more jewelry supplies.

    Of course I also go out of my way to shop at Wal-Mart just because I know it annoys some people, and give to the Salvation Army because I know it would give some others a pain. If anything I'll probably spend MORE money at Hobby Lobby now.


    6 members found this post helpful.

  10. #290
    Join Date
    Dec. 4, 2005
    Location
    washington state
    Posts
    8,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TarheelJD View Post
    Yay, you may be right. And I have given up trying to keep this thing civil.

    Oh, it's still civil. My minor escapade with the doodoo was just a blip LOL!!
    The Knotted Pony

    Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  11. #291
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post
    The government "forces" "crap" on businesses all the time, the ADA, environmental regulations, non discrimination, safety and labor standards.
    So sad to bad you can't treat people like crap
    Absolutely nowhere did I equate crap to ADA etc, you did that.

    AND, how does not paying for someones $8 pack of BC pills or a $10 morning after pill equate to treating people like crap.


    4 members found this post helpful.

  12. #292
    Join Date
    Nov. 5, 2012
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post
    It really doesn't matter what HL proclaims about their beliefs. Their beliefs are the Green family's personal business. HL is a CORPORATION, its own entity, owned by a family. Corporations do not have a right to religious beliefs


    Is that really a law? Why can't a business or corporation have a religious belief?

    But the larger issue is still this:

    "Our government threatens to fine job creators in a bad economy. Our government threatens to fine a company that's raised wages four years running. Our government threatens to fine a family for running its business according to its beliefs. It's not right. I know people will say we ought to follow the rules; that it's the same for everybody. But that's not true. The government has exempted thousands of companies from this mandate, for reasons of convenience or cost. But it won't exempt them for reasons of religious belief."


    5 members found this post helpful.

  13. #293
    Join Date
    Sep. 7, 2009
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    18,826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Well, I certainly won't stop shopping there. I get 80% of my stuff from Hobby Lobby, their prices are much better than Joann's and they have way more jewelry supplies.

    Of course I also go out of my way to shop at Wal-Mart just because I know it annoys some people, and give to the Salvation Army because I know it would give some others a pain. If anything I'll probably spend MORE money at Hobby Lobby now.
    Well aren't you special.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant


    8 members found this post helpful.

  14. #294
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by horsehand View Post
    [/I]

    Is that really a law? Why can't a business or corporation have a religious belief?

    But the larger issue is still this:

    "Our government threatens to fine job creators in a bad economy. Our government threatens to fine a company that's raised wages four years running. Our government threatens to fine a family for running its business according to its beliefs. It's not right. I know people will say we ought to follow the rules; that it's the same for everybody. But that's not true. The government has exempted thousands of companies from this mandate, for reasons of convenience or cost. But it won't exempt them for reasons of religious belief."
    The govt has exempted many companies from the mandate, because they are unions, and/or the companies are in Pelosis district ( which was an interesting tidbit that i didnt know)


    3 members found this post helpful.

  15. #295
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2007
    Location
    Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.
    Posts
    11,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Well, I certainly won't stop shopping there. I get 80% of my stuff from Hobby Lobby, their prices are much better than Joann's and they have way more jewelry supplies.

    Of course I also go out of my way to shop at Wal-Mart just because I know it annoys some people, and give to the Salvation Army because I know it would give some others a pain. If anything I'll probably spend MORE money at Hobby Lobby now.
    Would it be accurate to describe you as a "craftmonger"?
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!



  16. #296
    Join Date
    Feb. 28, 2001
    Posts
    15,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    Crap, now my flank is exposed and the liberals are circling: Where's Bluey??

    Are you perhaps looking for a conservative wingman?


    1 members found this post helpful.

  17. #297
    Join Date
    Dec. 4, 2005
    Location
    washington state
    Posts
    8,656

    Default

    Funny how the reporting on the Gov sites always throws the dirty union crooks under the bus for their handouts.
    The Knotted Pony

    Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.



  18. #298
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Well, I certainly won't stop shopping there. I get 80% of my stuff from Hobby Lobby, their prices are much better than Joann's and they have way more jewelry supplies.

    Of course I also go out of my way to shop at Wal-Mart just because I know it annoys some people, and give to the Salvation Army because I know it would give some others a pain. If anything I'll probably spend MORE money at Hobby Lobby now.
    Ok this made me chuckle..


    2 members found this post helpful.

  19. #299
    Join Date
    Dec. 4, 2005
    Location
    washington state
    Posts
    8,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LMH View Post
    Are you perhaps looking for a conservative wingman?
    I'm the conservative doodoo slinger

    My friend forced me to watch that Tosh show and he sings that nanny nanny thing all the time. It can't be helped!
    The Knotted Pony

    Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.



  20. #300
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LMH View Post
    Are you perhaps looking for a conservative wingman?

    Yes.



Similar Threads

  1. Fall flowers 80% off at Hobby Lobby!
    By NaniLio in forum Around The Farm
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Nov. 17, 2012, 12:17 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: Oct. 25, 2011, 02:26 PM
  3. Obamacare And Horseowners
    By Frank B in forum Off Course
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: Sep. 26, 2010, 07:08 PM
  4. Replies: 30
    Last Post: Oct. 7, 2009, 10:05 AM
  5. Spinoff- how do you support your dressage hobby?
    By CatOnLap in forum Dressage
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Jun. 13, 2008, 11:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness