The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 37 of 58 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    BWAHAHAHA see you guys bought that hook line and sinker,,,, It was OBAMA who made two very benign issues and made them front and center... Otherwise unforgettable points Romney made
    Hook, line and sinker, you are sounding a bit intoxicated. You OK ?

Um, no Obama is not my president.
    You don't live in the USA?

8 members found this post helpful.

Um, no Obama is not my president. Nope no ramen necessary,,, I do very well, very
    Ah well I am sorry to tell you, as long as he is in office and you are a U.S. citizen, he is indeed your president. And if you do very well you should have no concerns about any of this at all then, and that is wonderful for you!
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by threedogpack View Post
    Hosspuller I'm not going to quote the whole text you put up, but you would be willing to eliminate emergency services for a deaf person?
    Did you read the article completely? Tell me what phrase was bolded in the middle and I'll answer your question.

Meet legitimate need, not enlarge the gov't program.

Quote Originally Posted by EqTrainer View Post
    Ah well I am sorry to tell you, as long as he is in office and you are a U.S. citizen, he is indeed your president. And if you do very well you should have no concerns about any of this at all then, and that is wonderful for you!
    Perhaps Noms is one of those enlightened persons who thinks they need to form a separate country.

1 members found this post helpful.

It's late ... You west coasters may have the last word...

Till the next off topic day ..
    Good night..and Happy new year..

So much for having respect for the office of the president. I spent 8 years biting my tongue until it bled because I have respect for the office of the president.

And that was during the time of "You can not question or disagree with the president at ALL because it is a time of war, and if you're not with us you're against us." That attitude flew out the window of a certain news organization with the outcome of the 2008 election. It was very interesting to see them make a total 180. Interesting, but sad.

5 members found this post helpful.

Perhaps Noms is one of those enlightened persons who thinks they need to form a separate country.

Awesome! Although IME it is pretty easy to get on a plane and leave, particularly if one is doing so well. Perhaps Noms could buy an island.. The Isle of Noms, it has a nice ring to it.

I just heard, second hand from a friend, about how one of HER friends is all about anarchy but ironically enough, just had some huge hospital bills that she cannot pay.. And when it was explained to her that under her own ideals she would have been left on the sidewalk to die.. Well, she was very quiet.
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

And yawning... Thanks for a lot of fun, goodnight and happy new year!
    ---

I just heard, second hand from a friend, about how one of HER friends is all about anarchy but ironically enough, just had some huge hospital bills that she cannot pay.. And when it was explained to her that under her own ideals she would have been left on the sidewalk to die.. Well, she was very quiet.
    Noms has the hospital bill or the friend has the bill?

Noms has the hospital bill or the friend has the bill?
    somewhat irrelevant...
    Follows a bit in Ayn Rand's footsteps: Charity is for losers....until she needed additional funds to pay her hospital bills.

But as long as *I* need the services....it's all good, right!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Awesome! Although IME it is pretty easy to get on a plane and leave, particularly if one is doing so well. Perhaps Noms could buy an island.. The Isle of Noms, it has a nice ring to it.

You are the craziest pack of stone cold old biddies,,, you and SV,,, WTH are you even talking about. Making random stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    somewhat irrelevant...
    Follows a bit in Ayn Rand's footsteps: Charity is for losers....until she needed additional funds to pay her hospital bills.

But as long as *I* need the services....it's all good, right!
    Cra cra...

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    Rommey would not have repealed roewade. He wouldn't have even tried. Scare tactics. So, on the offchance that one day they might want an abortion, millions of women voted for Obama on that issue alone.

In the meantime, wehave an exploding national debt, anemic gdp,growing unemployment, a president, who after 4 years in office still doesn't know how to actually govern. However, he is extremely good at campaigning. He promised to cut the deficit in half in his first term, instead he doubled it. He was jist on tv a short time ago and he wants more tax revenue and more spendimg. His foreign policy is a disaster. He promised a transparent administration,bit everything's secret behind closed doors. He's a real paragon of virtue. If things are bad now, I only see them getting worse.
    I agree heartily with you and Noms. The fact that Obama was able to scare women into thinking something false, and completely overlook Obama's track record and the situation our nation is in economically is amazing to me. And the same posters who voted for Obama will be posting about how they can't find jobs, or one with FT hrs, or higher paying jobs. And they are shocked!

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    I agree heartily with you and Noms. The fact that Obama was able to scare women into thinking something false, and completely overlook Obama's track record and the situation our nation is in economically is amazing to me. And the same posters who voted for Obama will be posting about how they can't find jobs, or one with FT hrs, or higher paying jobs. And they are shocked!
    roflmao....
    the man does not know how to govern....

Seems like there is an utter lack going around on how the US government works.
    No single man can govern the nation.
    Most powerful man on Earth? Puleeze....held hostage by a bunch of...gosh I have no names for them....

The point is that in politics, the stance of 'no prisoners' does not work.
    The 'No compromise' stance of certain factions of the political spectrum has left us in this mess.
    about 12 years in the making, when the 'if you are not for us you are against us' really took hold.

now a small group does everything in it's power to block any meaningful actions of the legislative body....and yet, the blame sticks to one person....

I think we need the track records of those who write and present bills, and those who vote on them....
    In the end, the President has not so much influence....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

8 members found this post helpful.

Very good points, Alagirl.

I certainly would never assume to know the varied reasons why people voted for a particular candidate, and I would never insult either side by saying they voted for one single reason. To the poster who stated that all the women who voted for President Obama did so only because they were afraid the other guy would attempt to overturn Roe v Wade--well, I guess it must be nice to think that everyone is so simple-minded, but I can assure you that in my case and those of many of my friends and family, we looked at both candidates from every angle. Watched every debate (and NOT any of the talking heads before/after), looked at track records and policy decisions, compared their viewpoints during different times to see if/who they were pandering to, etc., and took into account who would be best to lead the country. We do not vote based on one single issue.

Oh. And you might want to read the Republican party platform. Overturning Roe v Wade is on there (or at least it was before the election--not sure if they've changed it since then).

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    Rommey would not have repealed roewade. He wouldn't have even tried. Scare tactics. So, on the offchance that one day they might want an abortion, millions of women voted for Obama on that issue alone.
    Actually he did say he would try to repeal it.

The President appoints Supreme Ct justices. Probably 2 or 3 in the next 4 years. Anti abortion justices could well repeal it.
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

3 members found this post helpful.

This thread is funny! Thanks for the laughs noms!

Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post

The President appoints Supreme Ct justices. Probably 2 or 3 in the next 4 years. Anti abortion justices could well repeal it.
    Exactly. And to me, that was the election. I voted for SCOTUS.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post

Yes, this was it. I did not feel comfortable with him appointing 2 or 3 justices, with his stated intentions.

And yes, this thread is funny! Noms is funny.
    ---