The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 1148
  1. #421
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    That came straight from the Obams "You did not build it speech" The most epic fail speech in the history and that idiot got reelected.
    How so, facts got in your way....Love the babbling....no facts however just posting whatever pops in your mind.


    7 members found this post helpful.

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Jan. 26, 2010
    Posts
    6,389

    Default

    Sorry, wasn't replying to you, tbaymare. Just countering yet another outrageous statement. I think many people here have given good information. I don't think you're ever going to get "actual" costs until it actually happens. There are onyl projections.

    It has been implemented in a lot of areas, like a lot of parents are able to keep children on their healthcare and people can't be dropped for "pre-existing conditions," as well as the elder care wellness thing.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shiningwizard255 View Post
    Is your Google not working?
    No facts just babble got it !


    4 members found this post helpful.

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    Sorry, wasn't replying to you, tbaymare. Just countering yet another outrageous statement. I think many people here have given good information. I don't think you're ever going to get "actual" costs until it actually happens. There are onyl projections.

    It has been implemented in a lot of areas, like a lot of parents are able to keep children on their healthcare and people can't be dropped for "pre-existing conditions," as well as the elder care wellness thing.
    So where might the "projections "be ?



  5. #425
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    How so, facts got in your way....Love the babbling....no facts however just posting whatever pops in your mind.
    WTH ???????


    1 members found this post helpful.

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    So where might the "projections "be ?
    here is the link,,, read all 2700 pages crunch some number and figure it out for youself.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Jan. 26, 2010
    Posts
    6,389


    2 members found this post helpful.

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Apr. 25, 2002
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caballero View Post
    If you think for a moment that private enterprise cannot create what it needs to survive and thrive without government intervention, you are sadly lacking in your knowledge of history.
    Which business was it that predicted Hurricane Sandy in time to order evacuations and close airports to keep people safe? How did you know which forecast to believe? Was it the one put out by the competing businesses just outside the to-be-affected area who would see their profits rise when Sandy destroyed their competitors?

    Which business built the highway nearest your house? You know, the one that leads only to the other businesses, schools, and hospitals it's partnered with? You could go to a non-affiliated grocery store to save money but it takes an hour longer to get through all the tolls.


    9 members found this post helpful.

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bauhaus View Post
    It's true.... Businesses could not make their way without government paving the way... Literally by paving the streets their buildings are on, providing a police force to protect them from criminal activity, regulating food and air quality so their employees don't get sick, subsidizing research that many businesses benefit from, offering them tax breaks to help give them a leg up. The list goes on and on!
    Noms, this is the post that you think "you didn't build that" referred to. How is it that the private sector built all this ? Or are you just saying whatever floats your boat when responding to posts?


    5 members found this post helpful.

  10. #430
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    here is the link,,, read all 2700 pages crunch some number and figure it out for youself.
    I'm done , I can discuss world events with 5 year olds and get more intelligent dialogue.


    4 members found this post helpful.

  11. #431
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    Noms, this is the post that you think "you didn't build that" referred to. How is it that the private sector built all this ? Or are you just saying whatever floats your boat when responding to posts?
    please tell me where you think the money for all that stuff comes from,, exactly just how do you believe govt is able to function at all? Huh


    3 members found this post helpful.

  12. #432
    Join Date
    May. 2, 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,973

    Default

    One thing I have noticed on COTH is that those leaning left are the first to throw insults and name calling when they can't think of a rational reply/argument to something they don't agree with.

    And FWIW, I argued that the answer to our healthcare problems is offering insurance across state lines therefore, forcing insurance companies to offer better benefits at competitive premiums. Crickets....
    It's only when a mosquito lands on your privates that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence. fb meme.


    9 members found this post helpful.

  13. #433
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    I'm done , I can discuss world events with 5 year olds and get more intelligent dialogue.
    Yeah didnt think you were up to that task.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  14. #434
    Join Date
    Aug. 4, 2011
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kathy s. View Post
    One thing I have noticed on COTH is that those leaning left are the first to throw insults and name calling when they can't think of a rational reply/argument to something they don't agree with.

    ....


    Yesssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    6 members found this post helpful.

  15. #435
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    33,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    Do you people not understand the difference between health insurance coverage and medical expenses???

    I am not going to school you, stay dumb.
    Means you can't back up the claims you made.
    In case you come across this challenge again, at least pull Breitbart out of the hat. Should cover your non-facts nicely....

    three lines of insults do not cover the facts of a complex issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.


    5 members found this post helpful.

  16. #436
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    Packing my bags
    Posts
    33,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kathy s. View Post
    One thing I have noticed on COTH is that those leaning left are the first to throw insults and name calling when they can't think of a rational reply/argument to something they don't agree with.

    And FWIW, I argued that the answer to our healthcare problems is offering insurance across state lines therefore, forcing insurance companies to offer better benefits at competitive premiums. Crickets....
    I find the right leaning people - not COTHers in particular to be first on the insult card. Usually in the title, or second line below.
    it's the only thing that works bipartisan, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.


    5 members found this post helpful.

  17. #437
    Join Date
    Jan. 31, 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tbaymare View Post
    By definition insurance premiums are more than hospital care, or the insurance company would go out of business.

    Everyone with insurance pays a premium, but not everyone with insurance needs hospital care.
    You have never worked for a hospital, have you? Because if you had, you would know that hospitals NEGOTIATE costs of care with insurance companies. Also, you would be aware that anyone who chooses to pay OOP, also gets to negotiate rates.

    And just so everyone knows this, rates FLUCTUATE and are SET by the state. One quarter, your daily rate for the ICU may be $17k, while in the next quarter, the rate for the same bed on the same floor in the same unit will cost you $23k.

    I am so tired of people not getting the basics correct on this issue. I also can tell you that even sans the healthcare bill, there were already caps placed on individual policies - still hate government interference/regulation? The healthcare bill is designed to provide more preventative care in hopes of deterring more costly care as a nation. Now, with that said, we still do not know if this will work out in practice. We will have to be patient.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
    W. C. Fields


    5 members found this post helpful.

  18. #438
    Join Date
    Sep. 26, 2010
    Posts
    5,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kathy s. View Post
    One thing I have noticed on COTH is that those leaning left are the first to throw insults and name calling when they can't think of a rational reply/argument to something they don't agree with.

    And FWIW, I argued that the answer to our healthcare problems is offering insurance across state lines therefore, forcing insurance companies to offer better benefits at competitive premiums. Crickets....
    This is absolutely true and I've found it to also apply in other environments.


    4 members found this post helpful.

  19. #439
    Join Date
    May. 2, 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    I find the right leaning people - not COTHers in particular to be first on the insult card. Usually in the title, or second line below.
    it's the only thing that works bipartisan, really.
    I disagree. I will peruse OT threads and provide proof of my statement...in the morning. Right now, I am beat and except for skimming threads, I'm outta here. Goodnight all!
    It's only when a mosquito lands on your privates that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence. fb meme.



  20. #440
    Join Date
    Jan. 26, 2010
    Posts
    6,389

    Default

    Look who's doing the name calling and constant insulting and who's trying to explain and provide facts. Guess which "side" it is? You need to read closer.

    kathy--This took me 3 seconds to google. Maybe they will answer some of your questions.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...s-state-lines/

    http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/stor...ate-lines.aspx

    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ross-state-li/

    http://www.insureme.com/health-insur...ss-state-lines

    http://www.healthcarefinancenews.com...ve-down-prices


    2 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Fall flowers 80% off at Hobby Lobby!
    By NaniLio in forum Around The Farm
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Nov. 17, 2012, 01:17 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: Oct. 25, 2011, 03:26 PM
  3. Obamacare And Horseowners
    By Frank B in forum Off Course
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: Sep. 26, 2010, 08:08 PM
  4. Replies: 30
    Last Post: Oct. 7, 2009, 11:05 AM
  5. Spinoff- how do you support your dressage hobby?
    By CatOnLap in forum Dressage
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Jun. 13, 2008, 12:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •