The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Horse people can be sooo generous.

I met up with a driving friend today at a local equestrian park / public domain. This is an awesome public / private partnership facility. Two privately owned farms make up two sides of the park, with the other two sides being urban roads. One of the farms has a 3* level FEI XC course on it. The other farm has an international standard polo field which also gets used for dressage for the above horse trial. The park itself has 100s of horse yards ringing the grounds: a large sand western arena, a full size practice polo field, a full size competition polo field, a grass SJ area, football and cricket fields and tennis courts. There are trees all around, rolling hills etc and about 3 people!!!!

Anyway, my driving friend was trying out a new 4 wheeled carriage for combined driving for himself. I had taken an eventing friend along so she could try out driving. We had a blast with my two ponies and when we all got back to the trucks, driving friend asked what I was planning on doing with the two ponies. I said that the bigger one is for sale because I cannot guarantee that I will have a groom and I cannot afford to buy a competition width gig. He then offered to lend me one he has in his shed!!!.

We went up and looked at it and we're going to try it out in the next couple of days!!

I'm so excited. Unfortunately pony is still on the market because I simply don't have the time to drive two ponies and ride two eventers (and start the 4 horses that I'm currently working on AND keep up with my full time job and write my thesis and look after a farm). Its still exciting to think that I could get this little man out to a CD before I sell him.

Awesome. I agree I have found horse people to so willingly share their bounty. I think because it's not as much fun without having others that enjoy the passion and the play.

Super to get to have a bit more fun with your pony.

Thats awesome!! Its so true, horsepeople are so nice and its a nice bonus for you to be able to get some more time with your guy

As I was talking with another friend today, it also struck me that I associate with and name as my friends, a wide range of people from a lot of really interesting backgrounds, of all ages. The driving friend is 77, I am late 40s, friend that came with me is mid 40s, friend that is coming with me tomorrow has just turned 19!

Uniting interest is horses, but we talk about all sorts of things and spend a lot of time laughing.