The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Those of you who asked for stallion suggestions last year

Who did you end up breeding to and why?
    and maybe a short note about your mare to refresh us
    or did you not end up breeding at all ?
    Thanks
    I can explain it TO you,but I can't understand it FOR you

I asked for suggestions on a mare, Untouchable B by Gambit (Chapman x Ceylon) out of a TB mare by Emerald Point. Although I got many great suggestions, I bred back to Apiro ad I love the colt that I had out of the cross and really want another but in the filly version and I got a super deal through the breedings for sale facebook page that made te breeding irresistible.

My other mare Ojoysie by Goodtimes out of Joyful Lady, I will probably be breeding to Carraci ( who was not mentioned in my thread about her). I think that will make a super jumper, and I believe I missed him because of my ideal height.

Looking forward to everyone's response to this question

I ended up not breeding my mare. I had a hip replaced in July, and though that I would breed my 5 yr old A Fine Romance /Riverman daughter while I was laid up.
    Just ran out of time and decided I didn't want to be preg checking her using a walker....
    Maybe this year...

I had asked about pony stallions for my 15.3 hand tb mare.

I went ahead and bred her to Heavenlys Final Revelation who is a sec. A welsh pony stallion in Canada.

I had many replies and a lot of choices! I also love Blue Who, and he still may be another pony option for me down the road!

So I am awaiting a pony baby in April! So excited.

Up until now, my mare has had 2 amazing foals by Roc USA.

It will be interesting to see another stallion.

I also plan to breed her to Ralando Z in the near future!

I posted a photo of my Balta'Czar mare the year before last and interestingly, most everyone was supportive and had great suggestions for her. Most suggested Pablo for her. I ended up choosing Sir Gregory based on his video, not just for his movement, but because I loved the cheerful attitude he showed in his work and of course his all around athleticism and jumping ability. I'll never forget the one poster who thought my mare wasn't the quality to be bred. His COTH name is DAN. So DAN, here is what I got:
    http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=8060382027/a=13709650027_13709650027/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

2 members found this post helpful.

I started a thread asking for suggestions and had great responses - Thank you to everyone that chimed in.

I have an AHS approved Arabian mare and kinda jumped out of the box so to speak, I bred for an all around athlete with a great mind and went with Landkoenig. The colt is so cool, extremely refined & modern type with 3 very expressive gaits.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3902979&type=3

well..... i have posted for a couple years looking for suggestions for my Wolkentanz I mare...... i wanted to get something small for me so was looking for a smaller WB or pony.
    after a loooooong search I decided on Crosiadore Farms GRP Manchester City. He is pretty fantastic, and was the one pony that every single person i asked about agreed he would be a good match.

"we" are due late May. my mare is finally starting to look like she is in foal....