The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My kids will no longer play monopoly with me because I'm a cacklng shark. I'm very competitive competitive and take great pleasure driving them into bankriptcy in the shortest possible time. I play to win! In real life they, and my friends, find me pretty benevolent and pretty darn generous. Sorry, you just can't relate game playing to real life.

1 members found this post helpful.

There are actually several studies that show people tend to be less willing to share when they have more money. These studies have included everything from the monopoly game scenario in this article to actual 'games' or 'chances' where people are offered to share money or lottery tickets.

All of them have resulted in the people with more money/lottery tickets are less likely to share. The "Old Money" are not immune as they generally share a rather small percentage of their money - which is still a ton of money compared to other people.

I will have to see if I can find some of the research - most of it is saved at home, which I cannot get to for a few months.

I would love to find out if it does make 'ya mean.

I find when you have money, people around you get weird. When my business was booming, all the sudden I was expected to pay for everything and everybody. If I went shopping and bought something stupid, I was supposed to buy it for friends too, otherwise I was just selfish and greedy. Arg.

Who was there for the 10 years when I built it up?? Who was there when the bills had to be paid? Oh yeah, they saw what was coming in, never thought I actually had to spend some of it to keep things going. And whatever was left over was supposed to be spent equally? LOL

So I say no, money doesn't change you, it changes people around you.

3 members found this post helpful.