The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wow- I was so dumbfounded by that phone that I had a hard time looking at your hair! Can you still use dial phones???

1 members found this post helpful.

Not sure but that is my friends parents house, we thought the puke green rotary phone and orange shag carpet were the right props for the evening LOL!! And, the JR is her sons dog, Buddy. We call it "White Trash Normie Rockwell".
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

This is why I'm scared to get my hair cut! It reaches my bum and really needs doing, but last time I went, I hated it.

I'm waiting for a friend of a friend to call me back. She's meant to be really good.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

kookicat...make sure it's with someone really good and you tell them what you want and they LISTEN. I've learned my lesson the hard way. You should take a picture with you of what you like to give her a guide of what you want.

I finally styled my hair...and It's face framing layers around my face. A little bit helmet-ish with long hair more in the back. It's not blended very well. I think that's the main problem. Once I cut the longer parts shorter it'll look half decent until it grows out again.

Til then...ponytails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    kookicat...make sure it's with someone really good and you tell them what you want and they LISTEN. I've learned my lesson the hard way. You should take a picture with you of what you like to give her a guide of what you want.

I finally styled my hair...and It's face framing layers around my face. A little bit helmet-ish with long hair more in the back. It's not blended very well. I think that's the main problem. Once I cut the longer parts shorter it'll look half decent until it grows out again.

Til then...ponytails!
    Thanks! Last time I went, I did take pics and explain what I wanted... but I don't think she really got it. It ended up being much shorter that I wanted and she cut a blunt fringe in which really doesn't suit me. My friend's hair is amazing and I trust her/her hairdresser.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

I second or third the recommendation to ask random people whose hair you admire, especially if it's a similar texture as your own. Don't be shy about asking, trust me the woman you go up to and ask, "excuse me, may I ask where you get your hair done? It's gorgeous!" will be totally flattered!!

I love my stylist and think he does an amazing job, especially with the layers and cutting into my hair to thin it out and help shape the curls. He also blow dries it straight so well that it actually lasts for a few days (everyone else can't get it to last through the day).. however he always takes more off the length than I want. Always. I never use heat, only sulfate free shampoos, gentle hair bands, but he takes off way more than just the split ends. I'm getting over the disappointment of a too short cut right now actually! It's just a yucky length for me- below shoulders but closer to shoulders than bra strap. I feel like it's the in between length... two inches shorter and it'd be cute (if I requested!) And an inch longer, sexier. But oh well.

My worst cut was a 'trim' that my mom did when I was ten or so. Kept cutting it unevenly, and went higher and higher... all one length, so out to my shoulders in width... yikes. I looked like a cartoon character.
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)