The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

sportinghorsepolo, can probably help you out - I have five stalls open and two paddocks, we are located about 2 miles from CHP. I tried to PM you but my browser isn't 100% compatible with the new forum software. If you PM me I can pass on more details. Your polo ponies can habla espanol with ours. . .

So my plans to go to SP I are thwarted. Mick is in no way fit enough unless I drop him down to Training. So I am waffling... I've got a good friend (Mick's "grandmother") who lives there so I was really wanting to go.

I typically don't do SP II because it is the same weekend as Morven, which is right down the road.....

Quote Originally Posted by ahbaumgardner View Post
    So my plans to go to SP I are thwarted. Mick is in no way fit enough unless I drop him down to Training. So I am waffling... I've got a good friend (Mick's "grandmother") who lives there so I was really wanting to go.

I typically don't do SP II because it is the same weekend as Morven, which is right down the road.....
    Don't flake out now!!! I'm already chilling the beer!

Drop down to Training, throw the watch out the window, whatever it takes. But COME!
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

2 members found this post helpful.

Tess and I are going to the Adult Rider camp, then showing BN at Southern Pines I.

I have been on the CHP website, but am unable to find the entry status. Does anyone know if they post one or how to find it?
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

Can someone recommend an affordable, but clean hotel? I'll be 3 weeks post-op and doubt I'll be up to driving back and forth from the Triangle in one day after spectating.
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

Just did my first gallop today and my boy felt great! I'm hoping the weather stays mild for the next month here in VA. It seems that on weekends (when I have the time to go do lessons/gallops) it's been getting cold and nasty, and now I feel like the weather gods are conspiring against me!

I'm hoping to do a dressage show and a CT before we go down, as long as they don't keep getting canceled.
    Lindsay

Check out my blog at http://lindsayberreth.com

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    Tess and I are going to the Adult Rider camp, then showing BN at Southern Pines I.

I have been on the CHP website, but am unable to find the entry status. Does anyone know if they post one or how to find it?
    Entry status is right on the front page under Announcements.

Jen-S - I'm staying at the Microtel off of Rt 1. which is affordable and clean.
    Lindsay

Check out my blog at http://lindsayberreth.com

1 members found this post helpful.

Gosh, I am so so wanting to do this. I am going to email the organizer to see if I can enter at Prelim and then move down if I don't think we are fit enough. I haven't even jumped Mick since VAHT, the beginning of November....

But we do have four weeks and if the weather cooperates, we could just canter around and enjoy the scenery.

So I've thought about this some more and I am not going to go. Mick will not be fit enough and I can't justify running him at Training. I could plan to canter around at Prelim but I think that is a lot to ask if he is out of shape. I need a couple of prelims to warm back up to Int, and I am probably going to do the CCI* at Virginia, now that the qualifications for a 2* have been revised.

So my spring plans are revised.

Morven, end of March, will be our first run. And then I have a youngster who needs to get out and about to schooling events etc. I don't even know what there is in my area for that. I will start a new thread.