The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

And while it is a 35 minute drive, you are welcome to stay with us for Fair Hill (or Plantation, which is less than 20 minutes).
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

1 members found this post helpful.

it depends on how the winter goes... but it could be a real possibility. I guess I should get out and XC school, huh?
    "Cynicism is a sorry kind of wisdom" Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by scubed View Post
    And while it is a 35 minute drive, you are welcome to stay with us for Fair Hill (or Plantation, which is less than 20 minutes).
    scubed, I might take you up on that offer for Plantation or FHI in the fall, if it's still available then! (And can I tell you how I jealous I am that you live in that area, that is my dream location! Crossing my fingers to get there when SO graduates from med school in 2014...)

Quote Originally Posted by scubed View Post
    Wow, I am actually be able to afford to compete this year! Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HiJumpGrrl View Post
    it depends on how the winter goes... but it could be a real possibility. I guess I should get out and XC school, huh?
    This would be like old times...last time I ran BN at CHP was with the saddlebred crew
    Last edited by tarheelmd07; Dec. 31, 2012 at 06:00 PM. Reason: added the quote I meant to include
    ~Drafties Clique~Sprite's Mom~ASB-loving eventer~
    www.gianthorse.photoreflect.com ~ http://photobucket.com/albums/v692/tarheelmd07/

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelmd07 View Post
    This would be like old times...last time I ran BN at CHP was with the saddlebred crew
    If only it were a team thing--we could totally go out there as the psychiatrists!
    "Cynicism is a sorry kind of wisdom" Barack Obama

Me! Me! If I can scrape together the funds, I'll be there with pony in tow. If no $$$, then I'll just have to hope Acme invites me along for the party (hint). Would love to meet some of you!
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

So, the Zen Buddhist says to the hotdog vendor, "Make me one with everything."

1 members found this post helpful.

Our first realistic outing of the year is early May, but it sure is nice to at least hear SOMEBODY talk about show season. Today was only the first day it felt like winter (brrr!) but I'm thoroughly sick of it already. You lucky souls who live within reach of moderate climates--keep talking! At least the days are getting longer . . .
    Click here before you buy.

I lived in Michigan for 11 years, DW. And the only time I ever competed before May was when I trailered all the way to Longleaf (this was before the Horse Park), through snowstorms and ice. My horse and I had been conditioning in the snow, and doing everything else indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by deltawave View Post
    Our first realistic outing of the year is early May, but it sure is nice to at least hear SOMEBODY talk about show season. Today was only the first day it felt like winter (brrr!) but I'm thoroughly sick of it already. You lucky souls who live within reach of moderate climates--keep talking! At least the days are getting longer . . .

I'd like to go again this year. Can anyone speak to the prelim course? I've done training and novice there the last two years as my first outing, then I move back up at Morven. We had a very solid year at prelim last year and it would feel like a waste to go all the way down there for training when my guy would just laugh at it like he did last year.
    Lindsay

Check out my blog at http://lindsayberreth.com

Red face

I'll be there as usual volunteering-hopefully with the hospitality cart and watching my friends gallop around the course! I am up for a get together!

I did something terribly impulsive last night (maybe stomach bug induced?) and got a hotel room. Figured it was better to get a hotel room now and cancel if I decide not to go rather than wait and decide, and have to stay 40 miles away.

I would offer to share, but it would be cozy...you'd have to be comfortable sharing a king size bed with a stranger and her ridiculous bed hog of a dog.

I have a Barn and Bed 5 miles from CHP. Check my web site, www.farrfieldsbandb.com. You can dry camp here in your trailer, $20/ night.

Default Southern Pines I and II

Check out www.farrfieldsbandb.com. Bed and Breakfast, stalls, turnout, hot water, rooms, trailer parking. Book early just FYi

Hey Lindsay, I think the prelim is fair for early season and I can't imagine that you'd have any trouble with it. I agree about not wanting to travel so far for a laughing horse.

Quote Originally Posted by piaffeprincess98 View Post
    I'd like to go again this year. Can anyone speak to the prelim course? I've done training and novice there the last two years as my first outing, then I move back up at Morven. We had a very solid year at prelim last year and it would feel like a waste to go all the way down there for training when my guy would just laugh at it like he did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ahbaumgardner View Post
    Hey Lindsay, I think the prelim is fair for early season and I can't imagine that you'd have any trouble with it. I agree about not wanting to travel so far for a laughing horse.
    Do you have any specifics? I honestly don't think I even glanced at the prelim last year, except for the main water. It would mostly be for my sake; I tend to ride a bit conservatively in my first few outings of the year, so I don't want anything maxed out.
    Lindsay

Check out my blog at http://lindsayberreth.com

I walked it last year and though it was quite straightforward. Plus the terrain is so much nicer/easier than what we have up here. I don't recall anything that gave me pause. Wish my memory had more specifics....

Quote Originally Posted by piaffeprincess98 View Post
    Do you have any specifics? I honestly don't think I even glanced at the prelim last year, except for the main water. It would mostly be for my sake; I tend to ride a bit conservatively in my first few outings of the year, so I don't want anything maxed out.

I'll likely be there to watch. Not sure if I'll come the whole weekend or just a day. But I'd love to get together if anyone is game.
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

We're currently planning on going for himself's first recognized event...never been, and looking forward to it!

Default Mar 22-24 Southern Pines II

Figured I'd ask on here...we're heading to S. Pines II with a horse in the Advanced and one in the Training, but will be headed north and home at the end of the weekend. I'm looking for paddocks/some sort of way to house 2 polo ponies and our jumper that weekend in the Southern Pines vicinity. Any leads? TIA