The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Back on Track Quick Wrap Sizing - Help!

Received a lovely Christmas present of BoT quick wraps. Of course I had to take them out to the farm this afternoon to try them for size. Since our local tack shop was low on sizes "Santa" brought size 12 and 14. My immediate reaction was that the 12s would be too small.

My horse is 16h Hanoverian but very fine boned. They looked ok to me, and when I tried the 14s on the front, they seemed big in that they came down all the way to the coronet band if I moved them down on the leg to where the fetlock spot is supposed to sit. The 12s didn't seem to come up the leg quite as far, they were just below the knee, but didn't drop down as far past the ankle as the 14s.

I'm used to wrapping with regular standing wraps and hate the way they look when the slip down - but looking at pictures of the quick wraps online, they all look like these wraps are meant to be looser and come down further?

At horse shows when I see them used on barn mates horses, they all seem to look 'sloppy' and seem to slide down their horses' legs. I figured it was because they were either too big or not put on tight enough?

Any suggestions or pictures of your horse wearing them would be appreciated!!

I guess they do come down lower, I never really gave it much thought.

My Mare has ther 12s for the front and the velcro part fits nicely around her fetlock, but the removable part does reach her coronet band.

I don't know that they are supposed to be looser, but since the removable part is so thick, I do find it very hard to get them tight like a standing wrap. I guess for that reason I never compared them to standing wraps.

I haven't been able to pull the trigger and order these wraps because I can't decide what size my petite TB would need. I wish there was a better explanation of how exactly they should be fitted so it would be easier.