The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone remember Sly Diamond Jim from Finger Lakes?

Jim started 77 times and won 11 races and was apparently a star at Finger Lakes in his prime... He is now up for adoption by his owner....

He wasn't doing well at Philly and was given to his current owner out of a field early this year. He made a slight comeback, redeeming himself by hitting the board at Charlestown occasionally showing glimpses of his former talent as a closer. He decided to retire him while he is still sound before the winter. He is now turned out at a farm with a field and a run in shed. He looks really happy but looks like he needs more attention.

He is tall, dark bay and a good mover. He has a big osselet that didn't bother him during training.

So, just hoping that someone remembers this character......

1 members found this post helpful.

Maggi Moss claimed Sly Diamond Jim at Oaklawn park in 2006. She owned him until January 21, 2008 when he was claimed at Philadelphia Park. She owned him for 21 starts during which time he won 8 races - including 6 allowance races in a row at Finger Lakes under trainer Chris Englehart. He only had 6 starts at Finger Lakes and won them all! As the OP said, he made 77 starts through October 2012, and I think about 43 of them were at Philadelphia Park/Parx. He had a number of different owners & trainers along the way.
    Even though Maggi Moss hasn't owned him since 2008, he did have a very successful run with her. Maybe she would be keen on helping with his re-homing.
    Last edited by CharingHounds; Dec. 29, 2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: typo and wrong date

1 members found this post helpful.

Can you post his sale info? Is it through CANTER listing? Could not find anything in google search...

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Bob View Post
    Can you post his sale info? Is it through CANTER listing? Could not find anything in google search...
    He is not listed anywhere yet... He is free to a good home (with a no auction/slaughter contract). I have a pic of him on the track I can text or email. This horse could be a really cool partner for someone...

Would posting his availability on the Eventing Forum help find him a good home (if he might make a sport horse)? CANTER and other OTTB listings are favorites and there are many shoppers there... He sounds amazing! What a great story and horse.

would love to see a pic? how tall?
    thanks
    My Answered Prayers**Daisy
    Willing to Please - Hero 5/10/87-7/14/09 My Life will never be the same

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91787677@N08/8329084099/

Ok hopefully this works..... Here is a pic from this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by sjdressage View Post
    Jim started 77 times and won 11 races and was apparently a star at Finger Lakes in his prime... He is now up for adoption by his owner....

He wasn't doing well at Philly and was given to his current owner out of a field early this year. He made a slight comeback, redeeming himself by hitting the board at Charlestown occasionally showing glimpses of his former talent as a closer. He decided to retire him while he is still sound before the winter. He is now turned out at a farm with a field and a run in shed. He looks really happy but looks like he needs more attention.

He is tall, dark bay and a good mover. He has a big osselet that didn't bother him during training.

So, just hoping that someone remembers this character......

Jim is now staying with me. Trying to get some weight back on him. He is turned out on 5 acres with his buddy, Ashtonofun. I am fortunate to be able to care for such a kind horses. Here he is enjoying the sprinkler.
    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ps20iwdw7n.jpg

2 members found this post helpful.