The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Oh! i see what you mean, Hoopoe!

Holy Cow, Mr. Spammer is taking over!

To keep it horse related -- who's riding today or are you nursing a hangover?

I rode today -- started the new year off with a great lesson. Rode the day before and the day before and the day before that. And the little red horse was a rockstar every time -- forward, willing, fun!

GREAT 4-day weekend.

Since I had the day off I rode 5 today. It was a sunny, beautiful day, perfect for riding.
    Ranch of Last Resort
    www.annwylid.com

Our moderator started a "sticky" at the top of the Off Topic Day forum, asking for ideas on how to thwart the spammers. The spammers are really getting obnoxious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Those martingales were so taut, you could play Ode to Joy on them with a comb

I spent New Year's eve clipping Oden's mane. I spent New Year's day morning (before the party) working on head lowering. Then tonight (after the party), we worked on backing up.

I love my new horse!
    I have a Fjord! Life With Oden

1 members found this post helpful.

I had plans to ride, but Figgy got a tummyache instead. I gave him a dose of Equi-Spaz and we walked around together till he (ahem!) got some relief from the gas pains.

No hangover for me. I went to sleep lastnight at 10:30 after one margarita. Rode Mr. Badass today out in the cold, but it was OK because there was no wind, the sun was shining and I had my mad bomber hat. He did several lines of clean, straight tempis -- no weaving since the injections. Woo hoo! He has had several gas colics this fall. A trailer ride is the cure.

My "little" guy wanted to get in on the action and was quite the pest -- my mistake for putting the arena in the middle of the pasture. So I took him out and played with him on the longe line for a bit. Made him trot over a couple of poles, and he was quite proud of himself.

On a sad note, I discovered that my older mare is very lame with laminitis. This is on top of her other chronically crippled hind foot, which gives the poor girl one good leg. She is keeping herself comfortable standing in the snow until we can get her feet tended to.

I rode on the 1st too, despite a bit of "imbibing" and staying up until almost 1am. I felt fine on Tuesday, and the weather was perfect for a good ride in the snow! I did feel a bit more winded than normal, but that was about all.

I must say my boy was feeling REALLY good! Luckily I did lunge first, he was snorting, and squealing and galloping with tail flagged for some reason.

I rode yesterday; I put on some layers and took the mare out in the snowy woods on our own. She was looky as always, and occasionally just stopped with ears pricked and a "what's THAT?" expression. (Cross-country skiers, apparently, eat horses. Or at least that's what she thought, at first.)

Toward the end of the ride, I was going to take a glove off to get another Golden Morgan ears photo for y'all, but we ran into another horse from the barn so I got distracted. And it was dinner time for the horses, so they were anxious to get back to the barn.

She is just so awesome....
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by Mythic Feronia, 1998 Morgan mare; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine