The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

here's a family favorite::

1 medium size boneless chicken breast per person, marinate in a plastic bag of itillian dressing (I use wishbone) for a couple of hours.

put chicken in casserole dish, pour some of the dressing in so that there's about 1/4" liquid around chicken

cover chicken with itillian bread crumbs, a layer about 1/4" - 1/2"

bake, 350 degrees, 35 - 45 mins. check that middle of chicken is not still pink

I serve with mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, or you can find the boxes of scallop potatoes, etc, and usually green beans or corn.

good luck. I HATED learning to cook. I was so afraid that everything would be terrible ( and a lot was, LOL) but after a few years, my stock answer when trying a new recipe became, "there's always pizza delivery" and I grew a little less afraid of trying new things....

Here's a two-ingredient recipe for you. TWO INGREDIENTS!!!

Ingredients:
    1 can (15 oz. or so) black beans, drained
    1 can (15 oz. or so) diced tomatoes, Italian-seasoned, UNdrained

Instructions:
    Pour both cans into a pan; heat to serving temperature. Et voila!! DINNER!!! It's like italian chili a thick soup/stew. REALLY tasty, and SMELLS marvelous, too.

To be fancy, serve it over rice or add hamburger. For the hamburger, brown it in a pan then pour off the grease and add the cans of stuff.

You can also subscribe to a magazine for a year -

A great How-The-Heck-Do-I-Cook magazine, with pictures and step by step directions, is Cuisine at Home. Most of their recipes are not terribly complicated, and they do explain every step of the way. AND the great thing is that you get a new one every so often (I think it's 6 times a year?). So you can 'build' a go-to recipe list every time you get the magazine. :-)

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_92sj288gos_e

Cooking can be intimidating at first, but then it can be a lot of fun once you start getting the hang of it.