The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Sad Senior Corgi in shelter in NY State - adopted!

He has been adopted!

Anyone?

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/24941881

Poor guy has been re-listed.
    Last edited by Guin; Jan. 5, 2013 at 05:34 PM.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Someone please go and get him. A few years ago we adopted a 13 year old corgi. Rudy was the best dog we ever had. After we lost Rudy, we adopted an 11 year old corgi. Angus was a lovely, energetic guy who would retrieve a tennis ball for as long as someone would throw it. If we didn't have 5 dogs and 5 cats at the moment, I'd bring him here in a heartbeat!!!!

Someone please go get him. I'm sure you won't be sorry!!!!!!!

If you contact Mayflower corgi club, presuming they are the closest corgi club to him, they may pull him and get him in to a new home. They have taken in owner surrender corgis of comparable age.

It's not showing anything when I click on the link
    The one good thing about repeating your mistakes is that you know when to cringe.

Yep, no longer listed, although he was there only perhaps an hour ago. I hope he's found a new home!

1 members found this post helpful.

Yay! I hope that means he went home!!
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Update: Sad corgi is re-listed. Anyone??

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/24941881

OMG! i wish i was in a situation that i could take him but i have 3 dogs now and one is a senior dog .

I emailed someone in NY listed on the Mayflower Pembroke Corgi Club rescue page and asked her if they could do anything for him. We have a senior Corgi with late stage DM and two adopted Pembrokes at this time, so the inn here is full.
    Very sad - Corgis are the best!!!!
    stained glass groupie
    www.equiglas.com

Default reply from rescue

The lady from the rescue said:
    "We have already contacted the shelter. It is a no kill shelter and they do not release their dogs to Rescue groups; however they are strongly committed to finding him a suitable home."
    So hopefully the shelter will be able to find a home for him.
    stained glass groupie
    www.equiglas.com

Quote Originally Posted by eventgroupie2 View Post
    The lady from the rescue said:
    "We have already contacted the shelter. It is a no kill shelter and they do not release their dogs to Rescue groups; however they are strongly committed to finding him a suitable home."
    So hopefully the shelter will be able to find a home for him.
    For the life of me, I don't understand why shelters refuse to release to breed rescues. Dogs do much better in a breed rescue...they go to foster homes and are less likely to be returned due to breed behaviors (like herding). Drives me nuts.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

3 members found this post helpful.

Looks like this shelter is North of New York City, off of I84, near Danbury, in case anyone in that area wants to take him.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

If he is still there this weekend I may go there myself. It is about 2.5 hours from me but he is breaking my heart.

I have an inquiry in to the shelter to see if they will adopt out of state. If so I will go get him.

4 members found this post helpful.

My corgi crew and I are keeping everything crossed that this works out for both of you!! Please keep us posted. Lots of jingles coming your way from VA!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't go get him, I will.

I need another dog like I need a hole in the head but I was raised around corgis (my mom did a small amount of breeding) and I adore them.
    Already have a senior lab and a rescue beagle. What's one more?

I tried to LIKE the listing but I don't think it worked- I know some people out there and some Corgi lovers- I'll try to get it to show up on facebook again.

I got a response from them; they do adopt out of state. However, they aren't sure that he will get along with an alpha female (my current Tribble corgi is significantly alpha.) Anyone have a household with a non-alpha, laid-back dog??

Quote Originally Posted by Guin View Post
    I got a response from them; they do adopt out of state. However, they aren't sure that he will get along with an alpha female (my current Tribble corgi is significantly alpha.) Anyone have a household with a non-alpha, laid-back dog??
    Yes. ME! Crap, no way to get him to Montana! I would take him in a heart beat. My mom would take him but she is caring for a senior kitty and senior donkey who need a lot of medical atttention. But I would LOVE him!! if anyone could help him get west...he would be spoiled to death and adored. I hate that people give up older animals!

He was adopted today!

2 members found this post helpful.