The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Kissing Santa

I hope this is an appropriate thread for this forum.

The other day I was discussing with a barn mate my horse's parents. A year ago I adopted Kissing Santa and have found out quite a bit about her donor family and former trainer. I spent a bit of time looking for pictures of her sire and dam.

I was wondering if anyone in this forum had any pictures or info about her short lived racing days. I found a couple pictures of her sire, Trippi, but nothing concerning her dam, Christmas Gold. I do know that she raced twice and was deemed not competitive then retired. I also know she was trained by Todd Pletcher, and her former owners were the Rodshams.

Any info would be nice as I am just curious about her back story. I have a vague series of events on her, but I guess I would like to know more if I could.

Thank in advance!

Default So happy she went to a COTHer!

Sorry I don't have any back info on her but just wanted to tell you I fell in love with her on the NV site and was seriously considering going to take a look at her but she was adopted before I could make the trip down to KY.

Is she as sweet as she looked in her photos?

She really is. I honestly don't think I could love anything more than her and of course my little dog!

We are both starting new careers as Eventers, and she is just excelling. Turns out she'd rather jump than race! Not to mention that she is coming along quite nicely with her dressage!

She is a special girl, and I just hope to find more about her as possible.

Thanks for the post!