The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Tredstep Raphael Boots?

Does any one have the Tredstep Raphael Boots? I like the look of them. How is the quality and fit?

I just purchased them. I love the look. The leather is nice, and they are fully lined. The foot fits me very well, but they're a bit slim through the ankles for my legs. I really struggle to get them zipped up past the upper-ankle-lower-calf (the cankle?) portion of my leg, but am hoping it will stretch a bit and as they drop the thicker portion of the calf will settle down appropriately. The flex ankle panels will definitely allow them to be jumping boots as well as dressage boots.

Currently breaking them in, so right now I hate them, but they're beautiful.

So I see that Smart Pack and Equestrian Collection both have these boots on Sale 20% off thats 100$ savings. Im going to go for it.. Plus free shipping and no tax.. cant beat that hope they are wonderful..
    Its the Journey not the Destination.

Love them, very nice quality leather (as are the Da Vincis but not the Donatellos). I also found the ankle too slim & the calf too wide. But once they were completely broken in, they have been very comfortable. Wearing boot socks makes it easier to zip them & I did break zippers on both boots before the ankle stretched!

Eta I also found the foot runs a little small. Normally I wear a European size 39 shoe but the 40 was perfect for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ewells View Post
    So I see that Smart Pack and Equestrian Collection both have these boots on Sale 20% off thats 100$ savings. Im going to go for it.. Plus free shipping and no tax.. cant beat that hope they are wonderful..
    The kid got a pair of the DaVinci's last year - I'm tempted to pick up the Raphaels, it's a great sale ... course I'm also wondering if this means new models are coming out - would love a brown!