The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Quote Originally Posted by Trakehner View Post
    I'm anti-abortion....but, I have no right to tell someone they can't have one or that I don't "believe" they "need" one.

I can drive a car at 200 if I want...on private land...no government can decide how fast I "need" to drive on non-public property.

I have guns & like to shoot...a criminal acting like a thug or a crazy person is no justification for anyone to decide I don't "need" my rights to own them.
    Here is an explanation why some just have to find blame when things are so uneasily horrible that there is no making their peace with it any other way:

--- Originally Posted by hosspuller
    In another direction of gun bans...

Isn't further regulation of gun owners "collective punishment"?

I found yhis definition: Collective punishment is the punishment of a group of people as a result of the behavior of one or more other individuals or groups. The punished group may often have no direct association with the other individuals or groups, or direct control over their actions.

THe Geneva conventions prohibit collective punishment. So why do "Progressives" wish to do it?

2 members found this post helpful.

Oh FFS. I have to wear a stinking seat belt, I have back problems and it bothers me greatly to wear one. But because of ______ (fill in the blank) through no fault of my own I legally now must wear one. Collective punishment has been going on since the dawn of man. Next.

And guns have safeties. So what?

It is definitely punishing legal gun owners, who have not committed any crimes, to take away THEIR firearms because other criminals have made very bad choices, just as Trake noted.

I do understand the anger over these events, and the frustration that the one person responsible can't pay anymore. But in the search to blame people, just blaming anyone who defends gun rights/has guns is misguided.

6 members found this post helpful.

The land of heat waves and unbearable humidity

Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    If you need 100 rounds in seconds to protect yourself, you need more help than the police can provide.
    You totally missed the point. And tell me, which type of guns fire 100 rounds in seconds? How many seconds? You know those types are only for military and you have to have special licenses to own them. Right?

If you give these maniacs in Washington DC an inch, they will take 10 miles.

Why are you are totaly fine about taking away what you never gave to the citizens of the USA?

If you don't like guns, then don't own them. Let me have my guns to protect myself.
    "Common sense is so rare nowadays, it should be classified as a super power."-Craig Bear Laubscher

3 members found this post helpful.

See post 134...

Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    . Anyone that pulls horses around must see things quite differently than I.

I will no longer attempt to talk to a pancake, with or without syrup.
    You do know that this is a horse community, right? So there are a lot of horse toters. Glad you've given up talking to pancakes....that might be diagnosable!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by sunridge1 View Post
    I AM A MULTIPLE GUN OWNER. I've always had guns in my life. Your claims are simple fallacies.

Please present me with the FACTS that owning a large capacity magazine is necessary for you and others to live. Show me. Prove to me they are necessary for you and others continuing existence in this country. Especially since we all know they are ONLY for fun.
    Sunridge.. You ask the wrong question. The proper question is prove to me that banning large capacity mags (a arbitrary number) will accomplish anything constructive. You want a new regulation, for what purpose?

Laws shouldn't be written on a whim, without a real purpose. ...Especially if they reduce freedom.

While I totally agree with Hosspuller that the proper question is "what good (impact) would legislation actually have?" (seems stupid to pass legislation with no impact but makes people feel better), but in fact, Massad Ayood has a great article that does answer the question about high cap mags.

Here it is!! http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/Massa...azines-part-i/

He talks about WHY ARs can make good defense weapons (among other things) and why high cap mags are warranted. Since you asked!

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    I find it funny that people only think something is "well written" when they agree...
    Here's one for you, especially when it come to taking guns away from ;aw bidding citizens:

FROM ONE OF OUR Uncle Sam's Misguided Children

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.
    I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
    Joshua Boston
    Cpl, United States Marine Corps
    2004-2012

7 members found this post helpful.