The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

That's quite a friggin' list .

I'm sorry, I can't seem to stop laughing .

I know it's a Dark Comedy, and not really funny at all, but you can't make this stuff up.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyPenny View Post
    That is great list, but it also would be nice to know why they are on the Hearing Committee Rulings list.
    I concur.

Just glancing at that list, I can remember the details of quite a few of them. Some of them would not scare me off if I were thinking of doing business with those people. (A legal, therapeutic medication just over the allowed concentration one time five years ago? Eh, that could happen to almost anybody.)

Some of the reasons would make me run screaming in the opposite direction. (That list is pretty long.)

Quote Originally Posted by ruetheruse View Post
    Pony Penny - it's easy to look up.

Go to www.usef.org.

Click on "Rules & Regulations" (on the left navigation).

Select your year.

Select your hearing.

Download the PDF.

Read.
    Should it be necessary to jump through that many hoops? And that's just if somebody happened to stumble across the list of names here and the instructions about how to find the information.

And that list is only for the last five years. It would be much more informative to see results from a longer time span, which is when you really see a pattern emerge of someone's history. One of those names is listed for only the most recent infraction of many, over a period of at least thirty years.

2 members found this post helpful.

Thank you so much, ruetheruse, for this very useful list!! Y'know, if USEF won't do it, maybe someone should take a leaf from Planet Dressage and start an *independent* website - kinda like Centerlinescores does for USDF dressage scores (so that the general public can look them up without having to be members), only in our case it's suspensions.

Oh and BTW once you have the names you don't even need to go on the USEF website. Just google [NAME] + USEF and the .pdf should come up in the first few hits.

Here's how low H/J has really sunk: my gut reaction in reading the pony scenario was "Well, heck, everybody around here does THAT. It's just that some get caught." (I'm serious, I can name 3 Georgia trainers who have done the same thing just off the top of my head, and I'm not THAT much in the loop on ponies b/c TBH the pony ring is my idea of the First Circle of Hell. )
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

And the USEF still won't require positive ID, chips, and passports.

Don't I recall that it was only the past two or three years that changing Identities was "officially" deemed a violation, and so emphasized by the USEF?

Quote Originally Posted by War Admiral View Post
    Thank you so much, ruetheruse, for this very useful list!! Y'know, if USEF won't do it, maybe someone should take a leaf from Planet Dressage and start an *independent* website - kinda like Centerlinescores does for USDF dressage scores (so that the general public can look them up without having to be members), only in our case it's suspensions.

Oh and BTW once you have the names you don't even need to go on the USEF website. Just google [NAME] + USEF and the .pdf should come up in the first few hits.

Here's how low H/J has really sunk: my gut reaction in reading the pony scenario was "Well, heck, everybody around here does THAT. It's just that some get caught." (I'm serious, I can name 3 Georgia trainers who have done the same thing just off the top of my head, and I'm not THAT much in the loop on ponies b/c TBH the pony ring is my idea of the First Circle of Hell. )
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Viney, the penalty for false recordation was a $200 fine for quite a long time. I'm not sure what it currently is.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

I think drugging is far worse than lying about a ponies height, but that's just me.

Southern California - on a freeway someplace

It wouldn't be that hard to do a basic Google spreadsheet with columns for name, date, type of violation, and a brief description and/or link to the USEF PDF. You could even do it like RateMyProfessor with little symbols: syringes for drug violations, tape measures for pony height issues. dollar bills for amateur violations, etc. Not hard at all, but very very time consuming. I suggest a spreadsheet because it could be sorted for name, date, or whatever.
    The Evil Chem Prof

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by AirForceWife View Post
    I think drugging is far worse than lying about a ponies height, but that's just me.
    Um but it's still cheating for the purpose of WINNING. Same as why they drug. The reason is the root of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy View Post
    It wouldn't be that hard to do a basic Google spreadsheet with columns for name, date, type of violation, and a brief description and/or link to the USEF PDF. You could even do it like RateMyProfessor with little symbols: syringes for drug violations, tape measures for pony height issues. dollar bills for amateur violations, etc. Not hard at all, but very very time consuming. I suggest a spreadsheet because it could be sorted for name, date, or whatever.
    Maybe we can convince RateMyHorsePro to do this. They're already proving to be pretty much the go-to website for info on litigation; adding the suspension list would be great business for them! I'd use it even if it was behind a paywall.

3 members found this post helpful.

Maybe we can convince RateMyHorsePro to do this. They're already proving to be pretty much the go-to website for info on litigation; adding the suspension list would be great business for them! I'd use it even if it was behind a paywall.

You know, I would probably pay for that too...if USEF acts as they have for decades, they are not going to make that more accessible or index it.

But it needs to go back 10 to 15 years to be meaningful and show repeat patterns.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

I am very late to this party, but I think the amount of medication given show animals today is deplorable and the amount of shennanigans that are gotten away with disgraceful. Shame on all involved in this. I grew up in Hunters in the 60's and 70s, and I would discourage any child of mine today. I would put them in Pony Club instead.

Keep children away from Hunters and Equitation. A big waste of money, and lots of frustration as it is mostly based on how much money you spend on horse, medications, vets and more important politics.

3 members found this post helpful.

Many thanks to the person who took the time to compile and post this list.

Yes, it could have more information, but THANK YOU for compiling the names, thus making searching for more information possible.

And, yes, it would be better if it went back further, but now we have a list that goes back 5 years. If anyone out there wants to do 1998 - 2008, have at it.

But I have read more moaning about the list's deficiencies than I have heard "thank you" for making the list and posting it.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

I am sorry if I gave everyone the wrong impression; that list I've posted so far only contains 2008-2010. I have two years still to post. I will post soon.

Quote Originally Posted by vineyridge View Post
    And the USEF still won't require positive ID, chips, and passports.

Don't I recall that it was only the past two or three years that changing Identities was "officially" deemed a violation, and so emphasized by the USEF?
    Why do you think that's a true statement ?? Facts please !!

There has been a rule about misrepresentation since at least 2007, probably much earlier, that's just the last rule book I have saved.

While I think some sort of verification of age should be required for classes that award points on age or proof of breed for those sections that use breed, requiring a 'passport' is beyond silly. Simply more fees to USEF.

Chips are not a solution. But copies of breed or registry papers in some situations at least describe the horse and give age and breed.
    Fan of Sea Accounts

Thank you for the list. How do we find out the sentence they received and the infraction?

Are there any legal ramifications with purchasing a domain name like "USEF Rule Violations and Suspensions" and putting up a website with the info as others have suggested? GoDaddy.com is reasonable for getting a domain name. Then someone would have to throw up a website, host it and maintain it, but it's fairly easy if someone had the time to do so.
    It's 2014. Do you know where your old horse is?

Quote Originally Posted by PINE TREE FARM SC View Post

There has been a rule about misrepresentation since at least 2007, probably much earlier, that's just the last rule book I have saved.

While I think some sort of verification of age should be required for classes that award points on age or proof of breed for those sections that use breed, requiring a 'passport' is beyond silly. Simply more fees to USEF.

Chips are not a solution. But copies of breed or registry papers in some situations at least describe the horse and give age and breed.
    Why is a passport silly and microchips not a solution? There are a lot of horses who get new identities (along with a new age and breeding -without papers of course) when they change hands and such proof of identity would stop the fraud.
    "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Rainy: http://tinyurl.com/kj7x53c
    Stash: http://tinyurl.com/mmm3p4e

So you would want to spend the time (and extra money) at EVERY show for a horse presentation to verify that the passport matched the horse?

It would at the very least add five dedicated people to that job, including a vet. While you wouldn't have to jog, the presentation itself and checking of the passport takes the most time at the FEI jogs.

One day shows would never be able to handle it. And god forbid the description doesn't match the passport in one vet's opinion.

Micro chips would be more doable provided the reader was not outrageously expensive or could be rented easily. The concept has been toyed with for years, except it was having one at the gate to "read" the horse number to avoid getting incorrect information sent to the judge (or none at all). Idea was to have something on the back of the number.

You are already required to provide proof of age for the Young Jumpers (a few different options are available).