The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by amberhill View Post
    this is about laurie mcdowell, laurierace

http://angelacreshorsehavenrescue.bl...gel-acres.html
    Right, because I believe someone who doesn't know the difference between slander and libel.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird! View Post
    While I think think this pony was getting way too many drugs, getting Legand - and Adaquan - the day of competition is fairly normal practice. Back during the '96 Olympics, the Racehorse farm I worked at hosted two teams, and quite a few indiviuals, and rare was the horse that was NOT getting Adaquan or Legend shots.

Now, I don't think that justifies it, but I would rather see a horse on Legand or Adaquan then say, Bute, Banimine, etc.
    Don't you think that an Olympic horse is competing under a much different stress load than a pony jumping a 2'3" course?

3 members found this post helpful.

I've read every post here, and I've followed other EM wrecks in the past, and all I can say is that I can't believe this [person] is still in business, especially after what's been posted here. Is there seriously not ONE of her 9 attorneys telling her to just [edit] stop posting?!
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Dec. 31, 2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: language/name calling
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyPony View Post
    In all my years of riding, gravity is the one thing that has never failed on me!

From a purely ethical standpoint, how does repeatedly injecting horses with Legend during a week differ from the good ol' days of buting up Trigger? Bute's side effects notwithstanding, isn't repeat Legend injections a similar form of cheating by way of altering a horse's natural movement?

Now let's look at it from a medical standpoint with a heavy show schedule in mind. A horse that shows 20-30 weeks a year, by the above 1st then 2nd 48 hours later schedule, would receive at least 40-60 Legend injections annually (1-2 "show days" with no injections during off weeks)? Over how many years?

That can't be good for them, can it?
    "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right." -Henry Ford

I hope all you people that voted to get rid of the little red thumb are proud of yourselves.

28 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by OneonOne View Post
    I hope all you people that voted to get rid of the little red thumb are proud of yourselves.

Ha ha! I was a fan!
    Come to the dark side, we have cookies

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by CBoylen View Post
    As I said before, and someone else also mentioned, it is not an uncommon protocol to give Legend the day of the show. Some vets recommend repeating the dose every 48 hours for competition, so, 48 hours out and then the morning of the show day. Your husband might not be one of those recommending that program, but there are a number of barns that have been following those recommendations and find them to be effective.
    I would not be surprised to find that if a clinical study were carried out, the "effectiveness" noted by "a number of barns" would simply be a placebo effect.

In addition, Legend is labelled for a maximum administration of 3 doses, 1 week apart. Safety studies used a maximum administration period of 1 dose a week for 9 weeks. While some veterinarians may be recommending Legend's use Q 48 H during competition, that use is certainly off label and has not been evaluated in any clinical studies to date.

Very few trainers, if any, have any background in veterinary pharmacology; it's no wonder that horses/ponies continue to drop dead at shows. I hardly believe the AVMA would support veterinarians dispensing and recommending such off-label use of many of these "common" horse show drugs. There really is no defense for it.

I think the 12-hour cutoff for drug administration should pertain to all medications and drugs. No competition horse/pony should be stuck 2 hours prior to a class to receive anything.
    Kelly Soldavin Harvest Moon Farm
    www.harvestmoonfarmpa.com

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by OneonOne View Post

I have to admit, I was thinking earlier the red thumbs would get a LOT of use on this thread!

7 members found this post helpful.

^^^^agree. Why would a vet say to give it so often?? I can think of $$$$$ reasons why.
    Come to the dark side, we have cookies

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ridge View Post
    Right, because I believe someone who doesn't know the difference between slander and libel.
    Well actually I did say it directly to the person in question as opposed to in writing so she may be correct there. She was the one who chose to make it public.

1 members found this post helpful.

Posted by Tha Ridge:

Don't you think that an Olympic horse is competing under a much different stress load than a pony jumping a 2'3" course?
    Stress is stress. Ponies are shorter, so the jumps are shorter, too .

Quote Originally Posted by KellyS View Post
    I think the 12-hour cutoff for drug administration should pertain to all medications and drugs. No competition horse/pony should be stuck 2 hours prior to a class to receive anything.
    Yes, yes, yes!!!!

For all you legal eagles......how many states have anti-SLAPP laws?

2 members found this post helpful.

duplicate
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

I'm curious as to the name of the vet that prescribed and approved that long, long, long list of meds that Humble was to receive at Devon during that short time.
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by amberhill View Post
    after the july 21 letter was sent to keating, no further requests for information were received from usef until nov 26 when they requested the final report which was immediately produced and said the same thing as what had already been given to them.
    forgot to include the links to the USEF correspondence, Williams threats and other statements and affidavits in my defense:

http://amberhillponies.com/Amber_Hil...oxicology.html

http://amberhillponies.com/Amber_Hil..._Williams.html
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird! View Post
    While I think think this pony was getting way too many drugs, getting Legand - and Adaquan - the day of competition is fairly normal practice.
    Quick question: is it normal to give Legend AND Adequan? I always thought you gave one or the other.

Keep googling EM. You're not shocking anyone. We all know who Laurierace is...she signs her posts with her website too.

Google Laurie's name and you come up with a few pages...mainly all about her business (no bad press) and one blog crabbing that she outed someone for shady business in an attempt to protect horses.

Now Google YOUR name.

Reams of pages...mostly about you being sued for screwing people over, you sueing John and Jane Dohs for not kissing your hiney, you attempting to promote yourself, you being suspended, you killing a pony, you griping on multiple BBs about people not kissing yoour hiney and mentioning your lack of experience, you starting ad running a business that promotes and financially supports puppy mills with obviously bad practices of breeding and selling sick animals, etc.

Huh. Guess you showed Laurie! Way to go!
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwave View Post
    Quick question: is it normal to give Legend AND Adequan? I always thought you gave one or the other.
    Very. Especially for an important show like Devon. Most people keep a regular adequan schedule and use legend show-by-show, but for a show like that you would adjust your adequan schedule if necessary to get the peak effect. And some of those that don't usually double their legend for regular shows do so for Devon.