The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kadenz View Post
    So, you're saying that someone at USEF told you "Actually, this list of meds is totally normal and acceptable."

And you're also stating that the vet pathologist saw that list of meds (even discounting the Legend and Adequan) and said "Oh yeah, that looks like what you'd give a normal, healthy, competing horse."

I'm not that dumb.
    The list of medications was in the final necropsy so yes the pathologist was aware of the meds he was given
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

Oh, I see. PROFESSIONALS have endorsed your program. Well, in that case, I'm sure you're totally fine. That pony dropped dead in the crossties and it absolutely, positively, could not have POSSIBLY had anything to do with any of the considerable injections you were pincushioning him with.

By any chance, would these be the same "professionals" whose names are routinely in the back of the USEF magazine for drug violations? Surely not.
    Whatever.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by amberhill View Post
    The list of medications was in the final necropsy so yes the pathologist was aware of the meds he was given
    SO not what I asked. Just because the vet SAW the list of meds does not equate with the vet telling you "this looks like a perfectly legitimate list of medications to be giving to a healthy, competing pony."

I'm not doubting the vet saw the list.
    Whatever.

Just google "diva pup" and Mandarino.

Why in the world is this previously banned, constantly threatening lawsuits against anyone who doesn't smooch her tuckus or who points out her ignorance, has a huge history of people attempting to sue HER for seriously crooked business experiences in both dogs and horses and who is still threatening anyone who points out her lies online on this BB STILL allowed to post on this BB?

Well, probably because she threatens to sue Coth for not allowing her to threaten others with lawsuits...or as she would term it "defend herself against accusations" despite her so-called accusations being her own stupidity in constantly contradicting herself.

Irony for $200, Alex:

Elizabeth Mandarino, Bedminster, Somerset County, formerly d/b/a Emma Rose’s Diva Pup Sold hundreds of puppy mill puppies at huge markup over the Internet and via her website divapup.com. Did not comply under the NJ puppy lemon law for selling defective puppies until the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs, by way of an administrative hearing, forced her to pay up
    I know the USEF is cracking down on trainers who are raping buyers and I dont appreciate trainers marking ponies up 100%. Far be it from me to deny a proper commission to a trainer but dobling the price is sheer rape and I think trainers should be exposed.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

9 members found this post helpful.

I have to say that I don't know EM, but after reading all her posts and responses to others, I would NEVER allow my child to show with her. The fact that she posted e-mails (with the addresses) is a huge concern as well. This is only going to go downhill, if that's even possible.

The pathologist called me while Humble was on the table on Sunday the day after he died and discussed what he saw in his lungs.

As for diva pup... I did not own a puppy mill it was a business I built and sold similar to bigeq.com. Anything to the contrary is false. I sold the building which was a boutique for designer dogs and closed the site due to unscrupulous breeders.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

Just to add, my husband is an equine vet, he says there is absolutely no value in giving legend the day of a show.

9 members found this post helpful.

... Devon expects you to ship in from Florida with hardly any rest period for the animals and banamine and robaxin were are humane given the distance they traveled and workload they were under.
    Devon made you do it?
    Thats a gem. Devon does not force anybody to show in Fl (in late May when the major circuits are long gone) and haul to Devon. They don't even know who you are. Then anyway, they do now.

That is the choice of the person managing the horse.

I'll go farther and just say Devon does not give a rats hinny what anybody is doing and consider they have to force anybody to do anything. All they care about is you send the check if you qualify (well in advance of the show dates) and show up.

Getting to be a bumpy ride for that bus.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

13 members found this post helpful.

Is that this site: http://web.archive.org/web/200608032...//divapup.com/ ?

I keep wanting to say Diva Cup...

3 members found this post helpful.

I highly doubt Devon cares where you ship in from or even when for that matter...

1 members found this post helpful.

The arquel was an error.. Royal t gets arquel and if it was given it would have shown up on tox results. Neither the USEF not the vets/pathologist thought the med list was excessive.
    Methinks it's a fabulous thing the NY Times took on this issue.

Legend and adequan are given by responsible performance pony owners.
    Fifteen times over a two or three day period? Do I even want to ask what the thought process is behind this? If once every few months is good, then once a week is better? And once a DAY even better than that?

The necropsy states the carotid was not involved. Read on. It was described to me as a massive allergic reaction similar to a shellfish allergy. He did have symptoms of lung disease in hindsight but they were not significant enough to have called a vet. Afterwards my Braider told me he had a strange cough at night.
    So his chronic underlying lung disease was caused by a massive allergic reaction? I only have an MS in human nutrition, but a life threatening shellfish allergy is going to cause anaphylaxis, not some sort of chronic lung disease that is barely noticed. AFAIK.

And what was he allergic to? Perhaps one of the ingredients in the massive amounts of injections he was receiving daily?
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

4 members found this post helpful.

Diva Pup Designer Dogs..ewww.
    I have to say that this has been very entertaining reading over the long holiday weekend. but very sad too.
    This woman is clearly very competitive and enterprising and could probably succeed in many different endeavors....but she really needs to stay away from animals.

So to misquote Geraldine Jones, the old character from the Flip Wilson show, "The Devon made me do it!" Got it. Res ipsa Devon.

Devon, which has had the same dates since the creation of time...is now responsible for finding new dates so the mass migration of ponies from Florida can take their time and arrive healthy. Not needing 15 jabs. No wonder show horses hack with their necks out. They're too sore to flex them.

10 members found this post helpful.

The pathologist called me while Humble was on the table on Sunday the day after he died and discussed what he saw in his lungs.

Then the report is not accurate. Gross necropsy is a visual observation of the organs. The report states the lungs had no evidence of disease at gross necropsy.
    Come to the dark side, we have cookies

12 members found this post helpful.

Details, details.
    Whatever.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Calling Duck View Post
    So to misquote Geraldine Jones, the old character from the Flip Wilson show, "The Devon made me do it!"

Devon, which has had the same dates since the creation of time...is now responsible for finding new dates so the mass migration of ponies from Florida can take their time and arrive healthy.
    Devon does not prevent anyone from renting stalls nearby so horses coming a long way can ship in ahead of time, settle in, then move into the showgrounds when the show stalls are available. Many good horsemen use that approach.

2 members found this post helpful.

Yes, this very much sounds as if E Mandarino was proven to not have done anything wrong and all vets and professionals agreed with her: (insert sarcasm here)

Long admits that the “Mandarino case,” the USEF investigation into the death of Humble and any potential wrongdoing by his owner, Elizabeth Mandarino, “has been one of the most challenging situations the USEF has had to face during my tenure as CEO.”Long explains that until now the USEF has had “neither the power to subpoena documents nor to compel witness testimony during our investigations. We must rely on the voluntary cooperation of our members, owners, trainers and riders.”
    However, this case may lead to changes in policy so that “the Federation does not find its hands tied in the future when a matter of animal welfare like this presents itself,” according to Long.
    So the USEF thinks it has to change things because of the obvious problems it faced with Mandarino and that it's hands were tied on a matter of animal welfare LIKE THIS.

Huh, sounds as if the USEF is stating what everyone knows and thinks already...not so much a hint of innocence there.

Guess the cryptorchid USEF's testicles are finally starting to be visible.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

6 members found this post helpful.

You know, if your ponies need so many "preventatives" in order to avoid those costly joint injections why don't you just give them a break and maybe go to fewer shows? No one forces you to show every week and if you choose to show in Florida until it's time to ship to Devon that's YOUR CHOICE. But if you didn't go to all of those shows that would be less money in your pocket.

Devon expects you to ship in from Florida with hardly any rest period for the animals
    I am pretty confused with this statement...
    WEF ended on April 1st 2012; Ocala ended March 18th, 2012.
    Devon junior weekend started on May 24th, 2012. In my opinion, ~two months is a very sufficient rest period.

7 members found this post helpful.