Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by amberhill View Post
    Ms. Pam Mahoney, Are you accusing me of posing as an attorney? You must know as an atty yourself that this is against the law. That is quite the accusation. I suggest you IMMEDIATELY retract the accusation unless you have proof to support your claim. You have been so advised.
    If you will carefully reread my post, you will see that I did NOT accuse you of being an attorney.

In fact, I did not accuse you of doing anything. I expressed a belief that Tamara might not have written the language which was attributed to her. At no time did I state that I knew who did write that post. For all I know The Hon Rutherford J. Humperdink III wrote it. But I made it clear that I did not know anything for a certainty.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

12 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by figure8 View Post
    I am wondering if Mrs. Mandarino would like to comment re: the drug list, especially concerning Cyrus. According to your website he is a ten year old equitation horse, and I was just wondering your reasoning for giving such a young horse legend, adequan, estrone, depo, banamine (x2), robaxin (x2), and dex (x2) all within a two day period. Thank you and happy new year.
    And, according to the list, Humble - a 9-year-old small pony - was getting all those medications except it was getting Banamine 4 times and Robaxin 3 times, plus Arquel, in a three-day period That's how they came up with the "15 separate drug treatments"

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Discobold View Post
    And, according to the list, Humble - a 9-year-old small pony - was getting all those medications except it was getting Banamine 4 times and Robaxin 3 times, plus Arquel, in a three-day period That's how they came up with the "15 separate drug treatments"
    Sounds like one sore Pony to me.Poor thing.

Probably should let this lie but...wasn't their something about puppies in past train wrecks engineered by this poster under the old screen name??????
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Here's to hoping those 9 attorneys bleed you dry.
    The rider casts his heart over the fence,
    the horse jumps in pursuit of it.

–Hans-Heinrich Isenbart

20 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by findeight View Post
    Sounds like one sore Pony to me.Poor thing.

Probably should let this lie but...wasn't their something about puppies in past train wrecks engineered by this poster under the old screen name??????
    Yup. Someone needs to dig that one up.

Another question I have is when did EM make the switch from pony mom to trainer? Sorry, but I don't think watching your kid do the pony hunters for a few years imparts enough knowledge and wisdom to buy up 100 horses and start running your own barn. That's another issue here—in my experience, the good trainers (with years and years under their belt) don't need to give 15 injections every horse show. But if you don't know how train or ride, you just might need to.

Quote Originally Posted by findeight View Post
    Diva Pup

Regarding the NY times.... here is the correspondence proving he had an agenda and did not report our statement or the truth for that matter

-----Original Message-----
    To: mccrad <mccrad@nytimes.com>
    Sent: Sat, Dec 29, 2012 12:31 pm
    Subject: [FWD: RE: Elizabeth Mandarino]

Mr. McGraw,
    I am not in the office due to the holidays and do not have a full list of the inaccuracies and omissions contained in Mr. Bogdanich's article. Just to give you a flavor of Mr. Bogdanich's communications with me regarding the reporting of this story, I am forwarding you a series of emails with Mr. Bogdanich. These emails followed a phone conversation wherein I attempted to give Mr. Bogdanich information regarding the lack of credibility of his "sources," the identities of whom were obvious by the uneducated phrases and accusations he was parroting. I tried to explain that these "sources" were all defendants, potential defendants, or their counsel in a case pending in New Jersey and had underlying personal animus towards my client. I was told that he was "not interested in hearing about that stuff." At that point, it was clear that he had an agenda other than reporting accurately on what occurred at the Devon Horse Show and the subsequent actions taken by USEF.
    Most troubling is the fact that I sent to Mr. Bogdanich a prepared statement (see below) refuting Mr. Long's assertions that my client did not cooperate with the Federation. Unless I missed something in the article, and please correct me if I am wrong, the only "fact" reported was that Ms. Mandarino had refused to comply with the Federation's requests for documentation and information. Mr. Bogdanich had a prepared statement from me with an email from General Counsel of USEF confirming that statement and USEF's "misunderstanding," and he intentionally chose not to use it. I found his antagonistic manner unprofessional, and his reporting to lack integrity. It is also worth noting that one of the Jane Doe defendants in the pending litigation was posting on an unseemly anonymous gossip website as early as June 4, 2012 that someone "should get the NY Times reporter that did the racing article" to do an article on Humble. I am surprised that a publication of the NY Times' stature would allow itself to be used to advance personal agendas, but in my opinion that is what has happened. Had the article focused correctly on the drug use in our sport, and on the people who actually have been suspended or otherwise punished (as opposed to Ms. Mandarino who has never been charged by USEF with a medication infraction despite dozens of random tests on her horses and ponies), it might have had some credibility. I will be in touch to discuss this further but would ask that the statement I prepared below be published immediately by the NY Times as a follow-up to yesterday's story.
    Thank you,
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

-------- Original Message --------
    Subject: RE: Elizabeth Mandarino
    Date: Thu, December 06, 2012 5:47 pm
    To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    I thought you said you were not going to communicate with me further?
    Since you have apparently changed your mind, please know that I remain open to discussing with you my request to interview Ms. Mandarino. Rest assured that I will be very careful in what I report.
    Thank you.
    Walt Bogdanich

Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:32 PM
    To: Bogdanich, Walt
    Cc: Purdy, Matt

Mr. Bogdanich,
    Once again you are making a knowing misstatement of fact. My client proposed to produce the necropsy and toxicology to the NY Times with restrictions on its use and dissemination, and you declined because you didn't want to adhere to the proposed restrictions. That is the full truthful statement on what happened and is evidenced by your own email. Anything other than that statement is false and misleading.
    And again, your statement that I "have decided to deny [my] client, Ms. Mandarino, the opportunity to present her side of the controversy" has no basis in fact and I have already brought that to your attention. If any of these untruths are published, we will seek any and all appropriate remedies.
    Thank you,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Date: Thu, December 06, 2012 5:00 pm
    To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Cc: "Purdy, Matt" <purdy@nytimes.com>
    XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    You are incorrect. Your client DID offer me the necropsy and toxicology report. I’m sorry that you have decided to deny your client, Ms. Mandarino, the opportunity to present her side of this controversy. If you change your mind, please get in touch with me.
    Thank you.
    Walt Bogdanich
    212 556-5881

Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 3:54 PM
    Cc: Purdy, Matt

Mr. Bogdanich,
    My client did not agree to give you the necropsy and toxicology, and you are aware of that based on the attached email. As is shown by your own email, it was offered to you with certain restrictions on use and dissemination because it is a private document. You declined to accept it with those restrictions. You should be aware that there was a lawyer other than myself present with Mr. Mandarino during your phone call last night. You should also be aware that your statement that I am refusing to allow Ms. Mandarino to grant an interview has no basis in fact.

Based on your deceptive conduct, my client has decided that she will not communicate with you further, and I have decided that I will not communicate with you further.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Date: Thu, December 06, 2012 3:05 pm
    To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Thank you for your email.
    Please send me the full and final necropsy report, plus toxicology. If you choose not to – even though your client had already agreed to send it to me – please state your reason for denying my request. Also please state your reason for not allowing your client, Ms. Mandarino, to grant me an interview.
    Please call me if you wish to discuss this further.
    Thank you.
    Walt Bogdanich
    212 556-5881

Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 2:41 PM
    Subject: Elizabeth Mandarino

Mr. Bogdanich,
    In follow up to our conversation of last evening, please find the following on-the-record statement and an attached pdf of an email exchange with Sonja Keating of this morning showing the accuracy of this statement.

Ms. Mandarino provided the Interim Client Report with the findings on necropsy as well as toxicology tests conducted by New Bolton to the United States Equestrian Federation on June 19, 2012 as part of a motion made pursuant to GR617, which allows the CEO or Executive Director to dismiss a protest if it is unsubstantiated. General Counsel for the Federation acknowledged receipt of the motion in an email, with the CEO copied, on June 27, 2012. The report provided was deemed “interim” because additional toxicology testing for over 1100 different substances was ordered. That testing was performed by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, and the results were received by Ms. Mandarino on June 28, 2012. I forwarded those results on June 29, 2012 to both General Counsel for the Federation and the Secretary of the Hearing Committee. On November 26, 2012, General Counsel for USEF contacted me to request a copy of the Final Client Report from New Bolton, and I immediately provided it to her. The findings in the Final Client Report were identical to those in the Interim Client Report that had previously been provided to the Federation. All of these results were also provided directly by New Bolton to the mortality insurer that provided coverage for Amber Hill Farm. I trust that the NY Times will ascertain the accuracy of all factual statements it chooses to publish regarding this tragic event.

Thank you,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Didn't have time to read now, but 2 questions, did anyone say why Humble, or best guess why Humble dropped dead so quickly at that time, something acute happen? And why did it take so long to admit the injection was just legends? As there wa so much speculations in the begining that could ahve been put away? Thanks

1 members found this post helpful.

The Necropsy, Toxicology and accompany letters have been released as I have nothing to hide. To be clear, I am not on the defense as I am now the plaintiff... I have nothing to hide. The USEF did not join Williams in her protest nor bring their own charges up against me. They had that power and authority and declined to do so. You can find the reports and letters on my webpage.

http://amberhillponies.com/Amber_Hil...oxicology.html
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

Quote Originally Posted by Discobold View Post
    This is probably what I found the most shocking of the whole saga. Even without receiving anything illegal and even with keeping within "allowed" limits per drug, I really wonder what kind of a toll it takes on the body to have THAT many substances (legal or not) injected very closely together and for a prolonged time (assuming that the list was a fairly "normal" routine for her ponies at shows).

8 members found this post helpful.

To be clear, I am not on the defense...
    You've heard of the Court of Public Opinion? Each and every time you post it's been, for good or bad (hint, they've mostly been to the bad), toward your defense. Why else would you post so much personal information as "evidence"?
    "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right." -Henry Ford

I think posting the results of necropsy is courageous. One question- if there was no evidence of disease of the lungs at gross necropsy, as stated by New Bolton, only seen by histo- how did the pathologist call the owner in mid necropsy? Histology can take some time, sectioning, staining etc.

[QUOTE=amberhill;6747015]

Humble had an emerging lung disease and while the necropsy was being performed, the pathologist stopped and called me and asked me if I knew about it because he had never seen lungs so diseased in an animal of that age. He asked me questions regarding his health. I had noticed that Humble had been pawing in his stall the night before and was laying down when I arrived but he popped up when I called his name.

>>QUOTE]

"No evidence of disease process evident at gross necropsy"
    Come to the dark side, we have cookies

8 members found this post helpful.

I found it interesting that in the laboratory report it speculated that it could have possibly died from an "overwhelming allergic response to medications or environmental triggers to which the animal has become increasingly sensitive". Is it possible that the "15 separate drug treatments" given to the pony at that show (and likely previous shows) could have compromised the pony's health to that degree?....

I am not a veterinarian, but I fail to see how a "lung condition" would cause a horse to suddenly begin convulsing and drop dead, without and prior signs of respiratory distress.

Would an injection inadvertently administered into the carotid show up on a necropsy?

3 members found this post helpful.

The arquel was an error.. Royal t gets arquel and if it was given it would have shown up on tox results. Neither the USEF not the vets/pathologist thought the med list was excessive. Legend and adequan are given by responsible performance pony owners.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

The necropsy states the carotid was not involved. Read on. It was described to me as a massive allergic reaction similar to a shellfish allergy. He did have symptoms of lung disease in hindsight but they were not significant enough to have called a vet. Afterwards my Braider told me he had a strange cough at night.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

Legend and adequan are given by responsible performance pony owners.
    Oh, that goes BEYOND the pale of stupidity. Without an appropriate diagnosis as to the need of chondroprotective agent or something to treat synovitis how can you even consider making such a ludicrous statement?

Again, you are displaying an amazing lack of horsemanship, thought and wisdom.

26 members found this post helpful.

Pigeon chess, anyone?

3 members found this post helpful.

The necropsy states the carotid was not involved. Read on. It was described to me as a massive allergic reaction similar to a shellfish allergy. He did have symptoms of lung disease in hindsight but they were not significant enough to have called a vet. Afterwards my Braider told me he had a strange cough at night.

And this was never noticed before? Really??

Does anyone have any video of the pony competing?

Ah, so you are releasing information. At the same time, this is a possible indication that the drug you did administer could have caused the incident.

14 members found this post helpful.

You need hip waders for this thread. I tried to help you help yourself. Add me to the list that hopes you attorneys bleed you dry.

13 members found this post helpful.