The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    Maybe she should give one of her nine lawyers a few hours off (to save up the cash) and actually buy that photo of Humble that she has posted on her FB with the watermarks all over it.
    That has been bugging me!!!

3 members found this post helpful.

The necropsy was inconclusive. The closest they came was a hypothesis: "overwhelming allergic response to medications or environmental triggers to which the animal has become increasingly sensitive." I think it was EM herself who said they told her it was like a "shellfish allergy" reaction, which sort of goes along with that hypothesis. But the second opinion from the Riddle & Rood vet seems to cast doubt on that, if I'm reading it correctly. I don't think it's fair to say it's being pinned on the Legend injection or an underlying lung condition, and I don't see any evidence at all that it was magnesium (not saying it wasn't). I am still puzzled as to why no one tried to find the groom, who was there and may have been the one who actually gave the shot. It would have answered some questions, no?
    Last edited by TemJeito; Jan. 2, 2013 at 07:05 PM.

2 members found this post helpful.

I don't know who would have thought to look for the groom immediately after it happened since no immediate investigation was initiated. Don't know who would have the authority to compel them to come forward now since, it appears, no criminal charges we/are contemplated.

Just another interesting sidebar.

I hope USEF is looking at these threads. There are some constructive thoughts towards a solution.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

I just find this all soo sad. When I think of that adorable pony collapsing it breaks my heart. I would feel soo guilty even if I didn't cause it. I just know how I am. I looked at my heart horse this morning on my way to work and she has a cold. Her snotty nose bothers me horribly. She kept wanted me to love on her and rub her face while she ate her breakfast. I can't imagine giving my horse all those meds to perform. It just turns my stomach.
    The rider casts his heart over the fence,
    the horse jumps in pursuit of it.

–Hans-Heinrich Isenbart

4 members found this post helpful.

I hope the USEF is watching the way that Amber Hill Farm is using/abusing their name and logo to imply endorsement on its Facebook page. This and the other thread on the USEF response have included some great information. I've been surprised, too, that the USEF didn't comment in a Letter to the Editor/Opinions section of The NY Times. So much for reassuring its constituents that it's hearing the message! As mentioned previously, this is what happens when you have a group of elite country club members pretending to run a 'sport.'

8 members found this post helpful.

I am not saying that R and R is blaming the Legend injection for the death, rather that EM herself has done so.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Posted by adhock:

As mentioned previously, this is what happens when you have a group of elite country club members pretending to run a 'sport.'
    You referring to the, "Great job, Brownie", (remember Katrina?) types ??

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    I am not saying that R and R is blaming the Legend injection for the death, rather that EM herself has done so.
    I understood what you were saying. I didn't think EM was actually blaming the Legend injection, but I may be wrong. At this point her ramblings are jumbled in my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by adhock View Post
    I hope the USEF is watching the way that Amber Hill Farm is using/abusing their name and logo to imply endorsement on its Facebook page. This and the other thread on the USEF response have included some great information. I've been surprised, too, that the USEF didn't comment in a Letter to the Editor/Opinions section of The NY Times. So much for reassuring its constituents that it's hearing the message! As mentioned previously, this is what happens when you have a group of elite country club members pretending to run a 'sport.'
    I do hope no one is telling Shewholikestosue that she has a knack for handling protests.......
    http://amberhillponies.com/Amber_Hil...ould_Know.html

Quote Originally Posted by BaroquePony View Post
    You referring to the, "Great job, Brownie", (remember Katrina?) types ??
    You know, that's what I was thinking this morning, remembering Michael Brown of FEMA infamy. But, if you look up Brown's bio, he actually resigned from the IAHA after he was sued for taking disciplinary action against a powerful Arabian breeder. How ironic.

The USEF is the emperor with no clothes.

Elizabeth Mandarino is not wearing pants, because her trousers ignite as quickly as she can put them on.

These two entities deserve each other.

But the USEF membership deserves a better USEF. We need to protect our children and our equines from the metaphorically pantsless.

23 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    Maybe she should give one of her nine lawyers a few hours off (to save up the cash) and actually buy that photo of Humble that she has posted on her FB with the watermarks all over it.
    Additionally, I'm pretty sure that her Facebook page's profile photo was taken by a COTHer (who has posted on this thread) and is being used without permission...

4 members found this post helpful.

Default Insurance

When I was looking into horse insurance I was told by my agent that they would not pay out on any complication that resulted from an injection by anyone other than a licensed vet. I don't know if this was only that particular insurance company.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia73 View Post
    That's what makes your stomach churn.... this is the business model now even at local levels. Keep the machine going.

The more I think about it, the more these people make me really sick. They make my skin crawl. I've been out of showing for sometime, and I wondered why as an adult, I never really wanted to be a part of it. And I feel like I know why now.

The sad thing is there are good people. But yup, I feel the same way now about the hunters that I do about the walking horses and QH halter folks.... get the willies and feel bad for the horses that they have become so secondary.

This crazy woman is not an anomaly. She just had bad luck.
    i absolutely see EM as an anomaly. this is a woman who is unstable and who would be so in any endeavor. it just happens sadly that she is in our playground......

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by fair judy View Post
    i absolutely see EM as an anomaly. this is a woman who is unstable and who would be so in any endeavor. it just happens sadly that she is in our playground......
    She isn't an anomaly or alone in her "medication" practices, though. She's just the only one that keeps drawing attention to herself with the constant lawsuits and public posting. The others are smart enough to stay out of the limelight. And the courtroom.
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

Quote Originally Posted by RedMare01 View Post
    She isn't an anomaly or alone in her "medication" practices, though. She's just the only one that keeps drawing attention to herself with the constant lawsuits and public posting. The others are smart enough to stay out of the limelight. And the courtroom.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Sample EVERY SINGLE HORSE at Devon and Indoors. No sample, no show. Then, test every ribbon winner, and every horse that gets no score.
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

I like the above idea, but for a big show - and say, one that is longer then a day - how would one actually put it into practice? Besides the expense and man power it would take, when would you do the actual tests? After every class? When the horse gets registered? For a show lasting several weeks, how would go about testing then?

Personally, I think tests should be random, plus any suspicious looking gorses, along with the winners. I also think the show world needs to adopt the same practice as racetracks - shots are only to be given by a vet.

Default Feeding the Flames....

Quote Originally Posted by fair judy View Post
    So after reviewing the almost 700 postings on this thread there are overwhelming negative postings regarding EM and the USEF for how they handle protests and D&M issues. I'm not sure if we have seen any supporting either EM or the USEF. If we take a moment to examine these posts it is apparent that they are acting to exacerbate the issues surrounding EM and provide a forum for her. Without this or other threads she would have little visibility except for her FB page and HSD. Based on the current litigation I would think that posting on HSD is not an option. That leaves FB and this site.
    The AHF FB page as of today has 1986 "Likes" and according to FB, the most popular age group of those "Likes" are in the 13-17 age group. The most popular week of visitors to her page was the week of January 8, 2012...while the pony talent search was running and, I would assume, lots of young riders were checking for the results. Other than this age bracket I don't know who else "Likes" AHF, but I would doubt that there are not big numbers that have clicked on that "Likes" button following Devon.
    On COTH almost 700 posts and 25,000 views of this thread are fanning the flames. That's a good thing for most of us wanting the USEF to see the anger and passion that most of the posters have for the D&M policies. It's disappointing and a shame that it just creates more EM posts and fans the litigation flames.

It will be interesting to see if the moderators of this thread continue to allow this tread or others concerning EM to exist.
    Since I don't think the NYT or the USEF will give her a chance to comment on or advance her legal agendas this may her only vehicle to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMare01 View Post
    I completely agree with this!

if you're not a fan of EM and her medicating ways, let her sponsors know:
    http://www.amberhillponies.com/Amber.../Sponsors.html

USEF may not react but vendors generally respond to upset customers.

11 members found this post helpful.