The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird! View Post
    And this was never noticed before? Really??

Does anyone have any video of the pony competing?
    Yes, it was a very nice pony. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL5oTlVKo1o

Quote Originally Posted by hntrjmprpro45 View Post
    I found it interesting that in the laboratory report it speculated that it could have possibly died from an "overwhelming allergic response to medications or environmental triggers to which the animal has become increasingly sensitive". Is it possible that the "15 separate drug treatments" given to the pony at that show (and likely previous shows) could have compromised the pony's health to that degree?....
    That list of medications he was taking is just sad. Poor Humble.

2 members found this post helpful.

[QUOTE=farfel;6753725]
    Diva Pup
    [QUOTE]

Huh?
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Daventry View Post
    ...somewhere, a lawyer is banging their head on a desk repeatedly!

Between this thread and the one in the Sport Horse Breeding forum about Jill Burnell, breeding something like Gerbils or Guinea Pigs looks more appealing every day! Oy!
    No, don't! Many show breeders (yep, believe it) of guinea pigs cull, ie., kill, the pigs that aren't up to their standards. Plus, it adds to the overpopulation of guinea pigs, resulting in many abandoned, starved, etc. Unlike Humble who was "accidentally" killed by his owner Elizabeth Mandarino, the extra pigs are killed on purpose.

I am so worried about this new information on Legend (no "s" there, Elizabeth Mandarino, owner of the now dead pony Humble) since one of my horses received some injections of it in the past, given by our vet after surgery. If it contributed to Humble's death, it should be publicized and taken off the market! I am going to contact the company immediately and I suggest that all caring horse owners do the same!! It must be dangerous! Everyone needs to notify the company that manufactures and sells Legend about the fact that it contributed to the death of Humble......according to Elizabeth Mandarino.
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.

7 members found this post helpful.

If Ponymom67 is EM and is banned, why don't the mods ban her recent SN as well? I know we don't want to spoil the train wreck but once you are banned you don't deserve to be here.

3 members found this post helpful.

Perhaps EM is going to recieve an inquiry from the lawyers at the company that produces Legend? A product that has been in use for some time on thousands and thousands of horses without them dropping dead almost immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by findeight View Post
    Perhaps EM is going to recieve and inquiry from the lawyers at the drug company that produces Legend? A product that has been in use for some time on thousands and thousands of horses without them dropping dead almost immediately.
    Definitely. We all need to do a screen capture of her comments about the injection of Legend contributing to Humble's death and send those to the company that produces Legend.
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.

4 members found this post helpful.

And this was never noticed before? Really??

Does anyone have any video of the pony competing?
    No he came to me very thin and was hospitalized once for a very high fever when he was younger. Other than that was healthy except for a runny nose here and there but we monitor for shipping fever closely after long trips.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

[QUOTE=findeight;6754011][QUOTE=farfel;6753725]
    Diva Pup

Huh?
    That was the name of her puppy mill operation.

May as well throw whoever had Humble under the bus too...

Forget the boxed wine and popcorn, it's New Years Eve. Bubbly stuff and shrimp cocktail for me-anyone want to share while we wait for the inevitable lock?

I think threatening to sue any poster in disagreement is worthy of a brand new ban.

Oh, yeah, thanks Tha Ridge, a puppy mill was included in past threads under the old screen name. I couldn't remember the details.

4 members found this post helpful.

Elizabeth Mandarino, I have a question for you.

Was it worth it? Was Humble's death an acceptable loss for all ponies you've injected over the years in order to win ribbons and make money?

24 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by amberhill View Post
    No he came to me very thin and was hospitalized once for a very high fever when he was younger. Other than that was healthy except for a runny nose here and there but we monitor for shipping fever closely after long trips.

Humble had an emerging lung disease and while the necropsy was being performed, the pathologist stopped and called me and asked me if I knew about it because he had never seen lungs so diseased in an animal of that age. He asked me questions regarding his health. I had noticed that Humble had been pawing in his stall the night before and was laying down when I arrived but he popped up when I called his name."

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=469269009777612&id=104506 122920571

So...you take a pony that has been in obvious stress the night before, and not only show it, but medicate him because....he was very healthy? MmmmHmmm.

12 members found this post helpful.

Humble had an emerging lung disease and while the necropsy was being performed, the pathologist stopped and called me and asked me if I knew about it because he had never seen lungs so diseased in an animal of that age. He asked me questions regarding his health. I had noticed that Humble had been pawing in his stall the night before and was laying down when I arrived but he popped up when I called his name."

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=469269009777612&id=104506 122920571

So...you take a pony that has been in obvious stress the night before, and not only show it, but medicate him because....he was very healthy? MmmmHmmm.
    According to the New Bolton necropsy, there was no evidence of disease in the lungs at gross necropsy, but only upon histo evaluation. So the pathologist would not have called during necropsy, if that was the case. Histo involves preserving, sectioning, staining and viewing the tissues under a microscope. No quick task.

Did the pathologist call during the necropsy, as stated? Someone is not being honest. Either New Bolton was not correct in their necropsy report, or the quote about the pathologist calling is a lie.
    Come to the dark side, we have cookies

11 members found this post helpful.

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

No kidding Laurierace. I figure anyone using Carolina Gold after February 22 was not gifted in the SMRTs department (still, I do believe we have a few lucky contestants who will be winning an upcoming vacation, but I digress). But IV Mg was and still is a problem. A not testable problem.

Also any horse who spends a majority of time in stalls/on the road, possibly even tied up for braiding and/or eating out of an elevated hay net (and may or may not get some regular dex to help suppress symptoms) is a pretty good candidate for IAD.

50% of racehorses are thought to have IAD. One hears the average race horse has a passing familiarity with IV shots in general and Legends (sic) in particular. While race horses certainly die, IAD in less or more severe forms is rarely identified as the cause of death. Just a condition the animal had, that had nothing to do with cause of death.

Saying an animal has an underlying condition is not necessarily causality of death. It's like revealing the horse that died of colic had an underlying condition of IAD. OK... and? It was the enterolith that killed him, not the white blood cell count in his lungs and trachea. In that same horse identifying the enterolith as an underlying condition may be more causal especially if the damage to the digestive tract is directly related to that area. On the other hand, that horse could die of colic with no evidence of enteroliths being the cause. Maybe they would have killed him one day, but not this day. So to the extent that the necropsy report needs an informed eye to properly interpret it, I agree. I suspect that is exactly why it was not released. Because it would be pretty hard to defend the statement that the pony died due to an underlying lung disease (commonly referred to as IAD) if the report simply claimed no known cause of death and then just laid out underlying conditions (as a good report should) with no claim that they were related because if there is no known cause of death, it's pretty hard to connect the dots to an underlying condition.
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

Neither the USEF not the vets/pathologist thought the med list was excessive.
    So, you're saying that someone at USEF told you "Actually, this list of meds is totally normal and acceptable."

And you're also stating that the vet pathologist saw that list of meds (even discounting the Legend and Adequan) and said "Oh yeah, that looks like what you'd give a normal, healthy, competing horse."

I'm not that dumb.
    In order to think outside the box, one must first know what is in the box.

13 members found this post helpful.

15 scheduled meds for a healthy pony? How much did you pay a vet to sign off on that and what the heck are your unhealthy ones on?????

What bothers me is thinking of the number of people reading this thread who believe the meds mentioned are a standard "healthy" horse show practice and no big deal. {{shudder}}
    "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right." -Henry Ford

8 members found this post helpful.

DMK, I'm guessing that well-thought-out response will sail right through Ms. Mandarino's ears. It's becoming obvious that she doesn't know one end of a pony from the other.
    In order to think outside the box, one must first know what is in the box.

1 members found this post helpful.

For the record, I never owned a puppy mill and anyone stating that is further defaming my name. I hope you have proof of your allegations. As for the other disgusting poster, I loved Humble like a child. For you to even say such a heinous comment shows what a person you are. My animals were and are cared for better than 99% of barns and I have professionals to attest to that. They are treated like pets and do not get thrown from show to show in tents like other animals on the circuit. The injections they receive are to preventatives so they do not need joint injections and when they need rest they get it. I own 43 horses and ponies and do not need to overuse them. The medications Humble received were not excessive and were well within usef medication guidelines. Devon expects you to ship in from Florida with hardly any rest period for the animals and banamine and robaxin were are humane given the distance they traveled and workload they were under. I have been more than forthcoming with all documents and information related to Humble. Defame me if you wish behind your anonymous screen names but as I have shown, they are not so anonymous.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

"...when they need rest they get it. I own 43 horses and ponies and do not need to overuse them."

"
    Devon expects you to ship in from Florida with hardly any rest period for the animals and banamine and robaxin were are humane given the distance they traveled and workload they were under."

Quote Originally Posted by Kadenz View Post
    So, you're saying that someone at USEF told you "Actually, this list of meds is totally normal and acceptable."

And you're also stating that the vet pathologist saw that list of meds (even discounting the Legend and Adequan) and said "Oh yeah, that looks like what you'd give a normal, healthy, competing horse."

I'm not that dumb.
    The list of medications was in the final necropsy so yes the pathologist was aware of the meds he was given
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977