The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

I'd release full necropsy results, including pathologist reports. Then, thumb my nose at the naysayers.
    Come to the dark side, we have cookies

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by amberhill View Post
    It was an IV injection of legends which many high level trainers give 2 to 4 hours out before a major hack.
    So you're saying that an IV injection of Legend, administered properly, can cause sudden death? Is that risk explained in the literature? Wow, you'd think the manufacturer of Legend would want to know about this risk and do something about it before their consumers start suing them for exposing their valuable animals to such a danger.

I, for one, would surely not think a hack ribbon was worth the chance of my horse dropping dead suddenly.
    "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Rainy: http://tinyurl.com/kj7x53c
    Stash: http://tinyurl.com/mmm3p4e

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Limerick View Post
    As a pony mom, I want to thank Ms. Williams as well. I can't imagine how the Humble saga has affected the sport for her and her daughter.
    Her daughter still has Royal T as her profile picture so I can assume her daughter had a wonderful experience riding my beautiful pony who by the way she continued to show after Humble's death and even stayed for the Pony Hunt Teams. If she thought I was illegally drugging my ponies, common sense would tell her not to allow her daughter to mount my pony. If it were me, I would not have allowed my daughter to mount him if I had a doubt in my mind. She obviously wasnt too worried and had alterior motives as she sent me threatening emails afterwards to refund her monies as that was my "least expensive option".
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

Quote Originally Posted by 2bayboys View Post
    So you're saying that an IV injection of Legend, administered properly, can cause sudden death? Is that risk explained in the literature? Wow, you'd think the manufacturer of Legend would want to know about this risk and do something about it before their consumers start suing them for exposing their valuable animals to such a danger.

I, for one, would surely not think a hack ribbon was worth the chance of my horse dropping dead suddenly.
    No, Humble had an underlying condition that contributed to his death.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

duplicate post
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

if you had someone accuse you of injecting your pony with llegal drugs and were temporarily suspended bc of her unsupported protest and crucified publicly, you would do the same.

It was an IV injection of legends which many high level trainers give 2 to 4 hours out before a major hack. Especially if you have one that has a chance at a ribbon. This is all in the complaint.

And Humble was examined 1 month prior to Devon for the competition and the veterinarian who examined him gave him the green light.

Walk a day in my shoes, after my daughter lost a year of her riding career... you wouldnt let it go either. And I will NOT let it go as two false protests were filed against me and I was wrongly accused. My attorneys have strking orders and have been told to aggressively defend me.
    Hmm. Interesting. I have a blue ribbon from Harrisburg in the Lg Junior Hunter Under Saddle. I have a blue ribbon from Washington in the Small Junior Hunter Under Saddle. I have a blue ribbon from The Devon Horse Show in the Second Year Green Under Saddle. I have a blue ribbon from Pony Finals in the Large Green Pony Hunter Under Saddle. Never gave Legend 2 hours out. IV. In fact, never stuck a needle in those horses at the horse show. But that's just me. And as the OP so kindly pointed out at a horse show, we're just "Bottom Feeders."

21 members found this post helpful.

So what were those 15 listed "medications" and why on earth did humble need them. Honestly just think about this for a second amberhill, imagine before you went out and competed you got jabbed with 15 needles. I mean do you care for your horses, honestly?

I guess when you look at your horses you see something completely different than I do. Because if my horses needed 15 injections to win then it's just not that important to get the ribbon for me.
    Last edited by annaelizabeth; Dec. 31, 2012 at 11:24 AM.

8 members found this post helpful.

No, Humble had an underlying condition that contributed to his death.
    So it was just a coincidence that you were giving him an IV injection at the very moment that his underlying lung condition caused him to suddenly collapse and die?
    "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Rainy: http://tinyurl.com/kj7x53c
    Stash: http://tinyurl.com/mmm3p4e

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywell Bay View Post
    I'd release full necropsy results, including pathologist reports. Then, thumb my nose at the naysayers.
    The necropsy is a report that needs to be read by a professional and the main substance has been released:

Humble only had small amounts of banamine and robaxin in his system even though he was tested for over 1100 substances.

Humble had well within normal magnesium/calcium levels in his system.

The track of the needle was followed and I did not hit the carotid artery.

Humble had a unbeknownst lung disease and his death could have been from environmental factors and could not be definitively related to the legends.

All of my other animals were left on competition grounds and the USEF had permission and authority to test them as they pleased.

I requested the USEF test all my B samples on any previously tested animals at other competitions.

I also requested that the USEF test Humble and all of my B samples for Carolina's Gold which is what I think they were doing while I was temporarily suspended against USOC Rules. I assume when the test results came back, the suspension was lifted.

I gave the USEF and the insurance company full access to Humble.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

If USEF weren't given all the documentation related to the case, I wouldn't use the word innocent. Innocence, in this case, wouldn't need nine lawyers.
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...er.html?ref=us

Quote Originally Posted by annaelizabeth View Post
    So what were those 15 listed "medications" and why on earth did humble need them. Honestly just think about this for a second amberhill, imagine before you went out and competed you got jabbed with 15 needles. I mean do you care for your horses, honestly?

I guess when you look at your horses you see something completely different than I do. Because if my horses needed 15 injections to win then it's just not that important to get the ribbon
    6 vets/pathologists did not think these were excessive and neither did the USEF or they would have enjoined the protest.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

If USEF weren't given all the documentation related to the case, I wouldn't use the word innocent. Innocence, in this case, wouldn't need nine lawyers.
    That is completely false and my lawyer has notified the NY Times and the USEF and the USEF stated their must have been some "misunderstanding" and asked my attorney to correct the misstatement with the NY Times. We also released a statement to the NY Times which they ignored and I offered the necropsy and toxicology to him with the restriction that he not release it to the general public and he declined. This reporter had an agenda.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

It may be a minor irritation, but please drop the "s" at the end of the brand name Legend. With all due respect, if you know enough about it to inject it, please use the correct name. Jus' sayin'.
    www.midatlanticeq.com
    Mid-Atlantic Equitation Festival,Scholarships and College Fair
    November 13-15, 2015

17 members found this post helpful.

Nine lawyers are needed to deal with the USEF, the USOC, the NJ Complaint and all of the defendants, RMHP, HSD, and other complaints that have been filed that the public is not privy to. They are hired not because I am guilty but to aggressively pursue wrongs committed against me.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

Please explain why you think, "The necropsy is a report that needs to be read by a professional..." Is there something in the report that you are afraid will be misinterpreted?

You wanting to keep the necropsy from public inspection implies some level of guilt in my eyes. Otherwise why hide it.

Sorry I could not make it to your show this year even though you emailed me multiple times asking for my attendance. My apologies for the irritation.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

Quote Originally Posted by pds View Post
    Please explain why you think, "The necropsy is a report that needs to be read by a professional..."

You wanting to keep the necropsy from public inspection implies some level of guilt in my eyes. Otherwise why hide it.
    ...because the general public would not understand a necropsy. It does need to be read and summarized by a professional, which we have had done by multiple professionals. I just told you what was in it in laymen's terms.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977

The elephant in the room is you can not test for mag sulfate so your negative tests for a billion other things doesn't mean much. Another reason you may want to consider shutting UP!

13 members found this post helpful.

Is this how the world of ponies conducts itself? I am soo glad that I never had to ride ponies. I feel sorry for the lives they have to live and what they have to endure.

Does it not bother you that you are going through a box of syringes a week? Come on!!!
    The rider casts his heart over the fence,
    the horse jumps in pursuit of it.

–Hans-Heinrich Isenbart

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    The elephant in the room is you can not test for mag sulfate so your negative tests for a billion other things doesn't mean much. Another reason you may want to consider shutting UP!
    Well it was tested for and opined on.
    Elizabeth Mandarino
    www.amberhillponies.com
    cell 908.397.0977